Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Problem at UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The fact is we as fans are upset and we have the right to be. We just need to at least give him one more year. You fire him, and it scares anyone who would want to come into UK. They feel like they would just have two years, and if they don't get to the sweet 16 they will be fired. Is your expectation that high?
JOBAKKA Wrote:The football program has won 3 bowl games in a row. Now do you see UK competing for a SEC title or a national title anywhere in the future. If you are saisfied with 8-5 every year then good for you, but I do not believe Brooks can gp to the next level. He has done well to get here. His career winning percentadge is somewhere around 460. Not exactly what great coaches shhot for. As far as Baseball he also lost the best coach UK had in a while. The man is an average AD and his programs reflect mediocrity. If winning 20 in basketball is your lofty goal then Barnmart is probaly your guy. But for me if I am competing I want it all and I an not afraid to shoot the big enchilada. I guess it matters where your expectations are.

Are you serious? You do not come from rock bottom to national title contender over night. And if you had watched Kentucky football at all over the years you would know that that is where they have been more often than not. Do you think that Rich Brooks is happy to lose five games a year? Do you think he doesn't want to win every single time his team takes the field? You have no idea what it takes to coach a team that has to come as far as Kentucky has come and neither do I, so don't question anybody's desire to win.
why are we talking about football here?? it has nothng to do with basketball.. Barnhardt needs to get his crap together.. Gillispie needs to go back to texas and drink another scotch while he watches basketball on tv. Ky has gone from a top tier, and an awesome team to watch, to the bottom of the SEC (yes i said it, and I mean it), and a joke to watch. It kills me to watch them play, and i'm not even goin to go into the players.

The football team has made a huge turnaround, yay. they went from a 2 win season to an 8 win season. they are getting better. The basketball team is getting worse. UNC is going to pass us up in wins in about 2 years. Then what wil we have?? The second most wins. We've only got 7 championship trophies (well 7 that count anyway).

I am glad Tubby is gone. I don't want him back and i didn't like him when he was here.. I was dissappointed that BCG was the one they hired, the only thing he has ever done is recruit AC law. that was the reason for A&M's turnaroud.

i'm done so comment
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Are you serious? You do not come from rock bottom to national title contender over night. And if you had watched Kentucky football at all over the years you would know that that is where they have been more often than not. Do you think that Rich Brooks is happy to lose five games a year? Do you think he doesn't want to win every single time his team takes the field? You have no idea what it takes to coach a team that has to come as far as Kentucky has come and neither do I, so don't question anybody's desire to win.
I bet Ive seen more football than years you have been out of diapers. I am sure he wants to win but bottom line after almost 30 years of coaching he still has a losing record. How long does it take to win big oh great one. 5 years, ten years, then ask yourself do you see the current program ever becoming a contender. I dont maybe 8-5 every other year. What is your prediction for this year coming. I say 6-6 now thats really building steam into the national spotlight. Brooks is a good coach judt not very good or great. Maybe we dont get the best because so many settle for just good. As far as I am concerned FIRE BARNHART and then go from there but keep the broom in hand to clear out the average Joes.
Both (Gillispie & Barnhat) need to be fired bc they have no clue what there doing and how to do it. Barnhart dont know how to go and get good coaches and hes afraid to go to other schools and try and get there coach like Billy Donovan from florida is a way better coach than Gillispie ever thought about being. Gillispie needs to be fired bc he cant win the games that needs to be won, Kentucky right now will be lucky if they make it to the NIT!!!! they arent gonna get anywhere with Gillispie as head coach and Barnhart as AD. some people i work with thanks that Gillispie threw the Georgia game on purpose. I doubt if Meeks, Patterson & Miller will return next year!!!!
bottom line is Barnhart and Gillispie need to be fired!!! kentucky sports arent gonna get anywhere with Barnhart as AD and kentucky basketball isnt gonna go anywhere with Gillispie at helm. the high school that i graduated from, AD has more since then these 2 put togeather. right now a solid high school team could beat kentucky
Pages: 1 2