Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Numbers show UK fans' impact on Music City Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
section from the Lexington Herald today that I thought was pretty impressive;

An annual economic impact report released by the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl shows the effect UK fans had during their back-to-back trips in 2006 and 2007. The Wildcats posted successive record sellout crowds, and the Nashville area received an economic impact of more than $20.6 million in 2006 and $27 million in 2007. By comparison, the economic impact immediately prior to and after UK's appearances generated $7.7 million in 2005 and $9.9 million in 2008.
All the more reason why the NCAA wants to find a way to get UK in the field of 65!
Stardust Wrote:All the more reason why the NCAA wants to find a way to get UK in the field of 65!

:Thumbs: one of the few teams that have herds of fans following no matter where it may be! A UK fan could only wish they looked at that part of the resume.
Best fans in the world! If I've said it once.........
Stardust Wrote:All the more reason why the NCAA wants to find a way to get UK in the field of 65!

Difference is, those UK football teams did what they needed to EARN a bowl bid. UK basketball hasn't...
DeuceUL Wrote:Difference is, those UK football teams did what they needed to EARN a bowl bid. UK basketball hasn't...
If that's the case then I guess we need to remove UL, UNC, IU, etc. from our basketball schedule and add the Rhode Island School for the Blind because that is basically what the football team has done to ensure they make a bowl game. The 2-6 conference record proves they have done nothing but pad their schedule to ensure a bowl bid.
BCF4L Wrote:If that's the case then I guess we need to remove UL, UNC, IU, etc. from our basketball schedule and add the Rhode Island School for the Blind because that is basically what the football team has done to ensure they make a bowl game. The 2-6 conference record proves they have done nothing but pad their schedule to ensure a bowl bid.

granted in 06 they beat ranked UGA and 07 they beat ranked LSU and were ranked in the top 10 at one point. The thing is the football team plays in the toughest conference and just has not gotten over the hump of winning the close one. Which will happen very soon with the recruiting classes. With Basketball we cant even beat the weak in a weak conference. Had a very good recruiting class and they have not produced this season. THe basketball team return to their status of being feared it will just take time. Football is on the rise and it is great to see. FYI the basketball team paded the beggining of the season with Miami and VMI beating oh yeah neither one. Fact is the football team deserves bowl games not matter who they are playing in the beginning of the season because the conference schedule gives them one of the toughest schedules in the country. HInts why the SEC gets on avg 7 teams into post season bowl games.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Best fans in the world! If I've said it once.........

....and some of the worst as well:eyeroll:
BCF4L Wrote:If that's the case then I guess we need to remove UL, UNC, IU, etc. from our basketball schedule and add the Rhode Island School for the Blind because that is basically what the football team has done to ensure they make a bowl game. The 2-6 conference record proves they have done nothing but pad their schedule to ensure a bowl bid.

OR, they could do better than 8-8 in the SEC...
[quote=BCF4L]If that's the case then I guess we need to remove UL, UNC, IU, etc. from our basketball schedule and add the Rhode Island School for the Blind because that is basically what the football team has done to ensure they make a bowl game. The 2-6 conference record proves they have done nothing but pad their schedule to ensure a bowl bid.[/QUO

Comparing a football schedule to a basketball schedule is apples to oranges. But if thats your argument then how do you explain a loss to VMI at Rupp and to a hopeless Georgia team at Rupp on senior night in a must win situation? But dont worry Billy G is going to water the schedule down even more next year by not renewing the NC series and adding Alice Lloyd. An 8-8 record in the SEC this year would be like the football team playing all 12 SEC teams and going 0-12 in the conference. Lets just be glad we arent playing in the the ACC or Big East this year in basketball.
Oh yeah.....You are right!!! Basketball Wildcats non conference schedule is brutal!!! LMAO! RI school for the Blind would be a step up! Didn't I see a thread somewhere that Billy G was looking at scheduling Shelby Valley next year? The SEC is as weak this year as it has ever been and they are 8-8 so tell me how, unless the win the SEC, that they have a chance of getting in with just a win over IU? But they did score 103 points in a loss to VMI!!! LOL
The Guru Wrote:Oh yeah.....You are right!!! Basketball Wildcats non conference schedule is brutal!!! LMAO! RI school for the Blind would be a step up! Didn't I see a thread somewhere that Billy G was looking at scheduling Shelby Valley next year? The SEC is as weak this year as it has ever been and they are 8-8 so tell me how, unless the win the SEC, that they have a chance of getting in with just a win over IU? But they did score 103 points in a loss to VMI!!! LOL

:lmao: :Clap: :BigLaugh: