Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott 70 - Deming 49 (10th Region)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Scott takes care of business and wins with ease.
Congrats Coach Code and the boys
Congrats Scott!
Delete
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Final.

Scott takes care of business and wins with ease.

congrats scott TongueirateSho
Congrats Scott.
Congrats Scott
Deming (19-12) - Caldwell 2 9 13, C. King 3 6 12, K. King 3 2 8, Mitchell 3 0 8, Grause 3 2 8. Totals 14 19 49.

Scott (23-8) - Murray 4 7 18, Jones 6 3 15, Smith 5 1 13, Niederegger 2 4 8, O'Conner 0 6 6, Gligorevic 2 0 4, Wilson 2 0 4, Kiefer 1 0 2. Totals 22 21 70.

Deming 15 7 15 12 -49
Scott 12 16 24 18 -70

3-pointers: D 2 (Mitchell 2), Scott 5 (Murray 3, Smith 2).
cincinnati.com
Scott, ranked No. 4 in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches' poll, plays George Rogers Clark at 6 p.m. Monday in the first of two regional semifinals.

George Rogers Clark, twice a winner this season against Scott (23-8), defeated St. Patrick 58-47 Saturday.

The Eagles, in the name of togetherness, gave themselves Mohawk haircuts using scissors, razors and duct tape at a team unity dinner on the eve of the district playoffs.

"We really come together for the team and for each other in a lot of ways and this is a way to show us and everybody else we're all together," said senior EJ Murray, who led Scott on Saturday with 18 points.

"We want guys to know we'll help them out if they need help. It's a big part of our success."

One beneficiary of the Eagles' outreach has been junior guard Keylo Jones, who scored 15 points against Deming and enjoyed one of his best all-around performances of the season.

Jones is an athletic player who gives Scott coach Brad Carr a spark off the bench.

Scott basketball players give Jones a ride in their cars.

Jones, 18, doesn't have a driver's license. If he needs a ride, teammates such as Andrew Wilson and Nikola Gligorevic drive him home to Latonia, and sometimes they pick up Jones at home and take him to school.

School work has been difficult for Jones, who is one of 14 children, ages 1 to 22. He attends after-school tutoring, and he must complete his studies before basketball practice.

It's not uncommon for Jones to arrive late to practice.

Sometimes he doesn't show up at all, for reasons beyond academics.

"He's been out for all kinds of reasons - grades, discipline, you name it," Carr said. "But he's never been ineligible. He's a good kid, but sometimes he fights himself to do the right thing. We're just trying to make him realize there's consequences for your actions."

Carr and his players rally around Jones when they are with him.

"That's all we can do," the coach said. "He's got a tough family life."

Jones' family is so big, all nine sisters live with his grandmother in Covington. Jones lives with his mother and four brothers.

The family has been so down on its luck, it's been left homeless twice since Keylo was 3.

"Usually, it's just the family not getting along, and we get thrown out," Jones said. "Things happen, but I'm learning it's how you handle things. And I'm trying to handle things better and appreciate things more. I appreciate my teammates because they have given me so much."

On Saturday, Jones gave back to the team with seven rebounds, three steals, three assists and a blocked shot, while outscoring every Deming starter.

Jonathan Caldwell led Deming (19-12) with 13 points.

Jones' energy in the second quarter and Murray's nine second-quarter points keyed a 16-7 Eagles scoring advantage as Scott forged a six-point halftime lead
http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...903080433/