Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What will Kentucky Basketball be like after next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it's early and I know it's a nightmare for Kentucky fans, but that day will come when Patterson, Meeks, Stevenson, etc. will have to leave the program. What then? We don't have anybody else coming in, except Orton, and I expect him to go to the NBA after next year (his freshman year).

The fact is all of the Juniors we have now will have graduated, and most likely Patterson and Orton will have gone to the NBA. Who's left to help the program?
This is exactly why I said in the other thread that I don't see things getting any better under Coach Gillispie.
We have Dominique Ferguson coming in the class of 2010.....he is ranked #6 in the Rivals Top 150, but BCG still has alot of work to do!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This is exactly why I said in the other thread that I don't see things getting any better under Coach Gillispie.

Yeah true... I dont think that coach G will stay he is gone after this year... He is demolishing his reputation.... He is known for turning teams around and there is no hope for this team so he will go somewhere else
gish_7 Wrote:We have Dominique Ferguson coming in the class of 2010.....he is ranked #6 in the Rivals Top 150, but BCG still has alot of work to do!

How about Eisha Justice from Shelby Valley High School in Dorton KY. He should make a hugh impact when he arrives according to all the folks in Dorton.:rockon:
We will be the greatest team in NCAA Basketball History!
zulu Wrote:How about Eisha Justice from Shelby Valley High School in Dorton KY. He should make a hugh impact when he arrives according to all the folks in Dorton.:rockon:

I don't even think he is being recruited by UK
Stardust Wrote:We will be the greatest team in NCAA Basketball History!

:igiveup: yes because we're the quickest program to kick the can before anyone!:igiveup:
i believe if and only if meeks and PP stays we have a HUGE turn around but if not then BCG will be olds news and travis ford will have a new job:rockon:
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah true... I dont think that coach G will stay he is gone after this year... He is demolishing his reputation.... He is known for turning teams around and there is no hope for this team so he will go somewhere else

Yeah but I think Tubby drove this program to far into the ground that it will take forever to get back on track.
It will look a lot like IU does this year: a first year coach doing the best he can with only a few scholarship players.
I am getting so sick of people blaming this on Tubby. Its not his fault that gillispie cant get the players to play, its not him putting these players down and blaming them for everything, its not him mouthing off to commentators, and its definitely not Tubby making himself look like a complete *******. This is all on gillispie, leave Tubby out of it. He is in Minnesota now doing a heck of a job with that team, yeah they lost today but they are still better than UK. People make me sick blaming Tubby for the woes of UK, when its no ones fault but the FANS that wanted him out of here.
If Meeks and Patterson stay.... then we should see a line-up like this (well this is what I'm thinking BCG will do):

PG - Joey Galloway
SG - Jodie Meeks
SF - Matt Pilgrim
PF - Patrick Patterson
C - Daniel Orton

Matt Pilgrim is more of a PF but he can step out and shoot from the outside so he is very capable of the position. If you don't put Pilgrim there you can have Hood, Vilarino, or Miller in there. Hood and Vilarino are guards and I'd like see more of a lineup with 3 guards and 2 PFs/Cs as we don't don't really have a great or true SF.

Guys possible used off the bench: Jon Hood, GJ Vilarino, Darius Miller, Ramon Harris, Josh Harrelson, AJ Stewart, DeAndre Liggins, Landon Slone, Perry Stephenson, Michael Porter.
If Billy G is still there then Kentucky will be in the gutter.
My line-up if I were the coach:

Joey Galloway
Jodie Meeks
Jon Hood
Patrick Patterson
Daniel Orton

For some reason I love 3 guards and 2 Foward/Center line-ups.

Another one that I think would be interesting would be a 4 guard and 1 center line-up where we would spread the floor and create isolations for our big guy down low. And if they started to double team him then its easy picking. Here is that possible line-up:

Joey Galloway
GJ Vilarino
Jodie Meeks
Jon Hood
Daniel Orton/Patrick Patterson

Thats just wishful thinking though....
BaseballIsLife Wrote:My line-up if I were the coach:

Joey Galloway
Jodie Meeks
Jon Hood
Patrick Patterson
Daniel Orton

For some reason I love 3 guards and 2 Foward/Center line-ups.

Another one that I think would be interesting would be a 4 guard and 1 center line-up where we would spread the floor and create isolations for our big guy down low. And if they started to double team him then its easy picking. Here is that possible line-up:

Joey Galloway
GJ Vilarino
Jodie Meeks
Jon Hood
Daniel Orton/Patrick Patterson

Thats just wishful thinking though....

well one of the many things that has killed us is giving up too many offensive rebounds w/that lineup no way and if the team plays next year with the same attitude no one will want to take it to the hoop anyway. except for meeks
oh yeah the 3 guy will be miller, or pilgrim next year but i just hope vilarino is an aggressive guard cause if not next year will be pretty much the same.
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah true... I dont think that coach G will stay he is gone after this year... He is demolishing his reputation.... He is known for turning teams around and there is no hope for this team so he will go somewhere else

you need to worry about the ville 3years ago you guys beat us in football now we own you. You lucked out this year and beat us in basketball so enjoy because we will own you in basketball as soon as Billy G gets his players in and in his system. so theville enjoy while you can because U.K. rules....
UK doesnt and wont rule anything as long as gillispie is here, and as long as Pitino is at Louisville they will beat UK with gillispie as head coach.
No matter who leaves or who returns, if BG is back as head coach, you can count on three things.

1. Horrid perimeter defense
2. 20 turnovers a game
3. A team with potential that is consistently inconsistent.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Yeah but I think Tubby drove this program to far into the ground that it will take forever to get back on track.

True but that isnt what BILLY G is known for he is known for turning a team around in a year or two.... Maybe he needs to go to Georgia or something
courtdog Wrote:you need to worry about the ville 3years ago you guys beat us in football now we own you. You lucked out this year and beat us in basketball so enjoy because we will own you in basketball as soon as Billy G gets his players in and in his system. so theville enjoy while you can because U.K. rules....

THIS is a basketball question.... you all can have the football.... and thing everyone says that UK has two players and none of which that BCG has recruited....HMMM bad thoughts when he gets a whole team there.... PP was commiting to UK before BCG arrived.... and PP will not be there next year.... he has been there two years and never played in a NCAA tourney game.... He is gone.... SO YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT UK AND HOPE THEY DONT PLAY VMI OR SOMETHING:lmao:
These would be my starters for next year:

(1st choice / 2nd choice / 3rd choice)

PG - Porter / Liggins
SG - Meeks / (No one can substitute for Meeks!)
SF - Miller / Galloway / Jon Hood
PF - Stevenson / Harris / Harrellson
PF - Patterson / Orton / Harrellson

We will have great bench players next year. (By the way, we should probably be talking about next year's starters on a different topic seeing that this topic is about Kentucky after next year.)
theVILLE Wrote:True but that isnt what BILLY G is known for he is known for turning a team around in a year or two.... Maybe he needs to go to Georgia or something

i would love to go as a 16 seed and play Louisville in the frist rd and kick there butt this time,,,,,,,,,
I've just realized how great of a recruiter Coach Gillespie is. This is information from Scout.com:

Kentucky National Recruit Ranking:

2007 - 11th
2008 - 15th
2009 - 13th (Ironically, right below Minnesota. Tubby Smith's team.)

You can be sure Coach Gillispie will recruit good players.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I've just realized how great of a recruiter Coach Gillespie is. This is information from Scout.com:

Kentucky National Recruit Ranking:

2007 - 11th
2008 - 15th
2009 - 13th (Ironically, right below Minnesota. Tubby Smith's team.)

You can be sure Coach Gillispie will recruit good players.

Tubby didn't recruit like that here.....I guess he thought since he was at UK they would just come to him. He was to loyal to his staff and wouldn't get rid of them, yet when he left UK, he got a whole new staff...
TATE_64 Wrote:Tubby didn't recruit like that here.....I guess he thought since he was at UK they would just come to him. He was to loyal to his staff and wouldn't get rid of them, yet when he left UK, he got a whole new staff...

Are you sure about that?

2006 - 16th best recruiting class in nation.
2007 - 11th (sorry, I put 2007's recruiting class for Coach Gillispie when it should be for Tubby Smith.)

Before I seen these facts, I thought Tubby Smith and Coach Gillispie were horrible at recruiting. Guess I was wrong.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:If Meeks and Patterson stay.... then we should see a line-up like this (well this is what I'm thinking BCG will do):

PG - Joey Galloway
SG - Jodie Meeks
SF - Matt Pilgrim
PF - Patrick Patterson
C - Daniel Orton

Matt Pilgrim is more of a PF but he can step out and shoot from the outside so he is very capable of the position. If you don't put Pilgrim there you can have Hood, Vilarino, or Miller in there. Hood and Vilarino are guards and I'd like see more of a lineup with 3 guards and 2 PFs/Cs as we don't don't really have a great or true SF.

Guys possible used off the bench: Jon Hood, GJ Vilarino, Darius Miller, Ramon Harris, Josh Harrelson, AJ Stewart, DeAndre Liggins, Landon Slone, Perry Stephenson, Michael Porter.

Joey Galloway was released by the bucs, i think you mean Kevin Galloway
Stardust Wrote:I don't even think he is being recruited by UK

Stardust he wasn't at first, but when Florida started looking at him, and he started playing like he has, it would be kinda foolish not to. He has great range, and he drives to the basket as good as I have ever seen. If I am not mistaken he is just a sophomore so he has time to grow and get even better.