Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan County 54 Elliott County 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Congrats to the Rowan Co. Lady Vikings on their repeat performance.
Congrats Rowan
Congrats Rowan!
Congrats girls!! I knew you could do it! Good luck at Diddle!
Congrats RC
About what I expected.

Congrats Lady Vikings and I wish the best of luck to them!
Great win for Coach Tackett and the Lady Vikings! You girls played a **** of a schedule this season and it showed in this post season. Those who doubted you and those who thought you were a pushover are eating crow.

To Katie Martin, I am ashamed of the Coaches in the 16th Regional Tournament. They really showed their jealously and hate of your program. They voted a player from the losing team as MVP and that is a slap in the face. Martin, scored over 50 points in three games against stiffer competition. Katie played circles around the whole Elliot Co. team.

Thats allright Katie just remember that trophy isn't going to Diddle like you and the Lady Vikings! The real MVP will play on thursday at 1:30 while the the other team will probably listen to it during class.
OK2NV Wrote:Great win for Coach Tackett and the Lady Vikings! You girls played a **** of a schedule this season and it showed in this post season. Those who doubted you and those who thought you were a pushover are eating crow.

To Katie Martin, I am ashamed of the Coaches in the 16th Regional Tournament. They really showed their jealously and hate of your program. They voted a player from the losing team as MVP and that is a slap in the face. Martin, scored over 50 points in three games against stiffer competition. Katie played circles around the whole Elliot Co. team.

Thats allright Katie just remember that trophy isn't going to Diddle like you and the Lady Vikings! The real MVP will play on thursday at 1:30 while the the other team will probably listen to it during class.

There is a long history of this kind of thing going on from most of these same coaches, if you remember a couple years ago the best point guard in the region didn;t make the all area team period. Griffith was deserving also but I think the MVP should come from the winning team. Rowan has replaced Rose Hill as the most hated girls team in the region. Success breeds jealousy, good luck at state.
No. 21 Rowan County 54, Elliott County 35 (16th): Caitlin Martin scored 22 points to help the Lady Vikings win the 16th Region title at Morehead and move on to the Sweet Sixteen.

Amber Riddle chipped in with 13 points, and Kaitlyn Muncy and Jennifer Brockman each had five steals for the Lady Vikings.

Lakin Griffith led the Lady Lions with 17 points and 14 rebounds and was named the tournament's most valuable player. Elliott County struggled from the field, shooting just 31 percent overall and 13 percent from three-point range.

Rowan County will play the winner of the 9th Region on Thursday. No. 25 Boone County and Newport Central Catholic will meet for the 9th region title Saturday night.
kentucky.com
LET EM PLAY Wrote:There is a long history of this kind of thing going on from most of these same coaches, if you remember a couple years ago the best point guard in the region didn;t make the all area team period. Griffith was deserving also but I think the MVP should come from the winning team. Rowan has replaced Rose Hill as the most hated girls team in the region. Success breeds jealousy, good luck at state.

Oh I totally agree that had Elliot won Griffith deserved the MVP. Make no mistake though, Katie Martin was the best player in this tournament and she is Rowan's MVP.
Like them or not, there is absolutely no excuse for this. The coaches should be ashamed of themselves. For a girl on the winning team to obviously have a significant role in winning the championship and not get MVP is ridiculous. However, the coaches dont see it that way. They see it as just another trophy going to Rowan. Griffith did have some good games but how can she be MVP of the tourny and not win? Apparently she was not valuable enough!! 16th regions coaches are jealous of Rowans success and to cheat a girl out of what she rightfully deserves is obserd! And teams wonder why Rowan beats them by 40! You bring it on yourself by doing stuff like this. But like others have said the most important thing is Katie and the rest of the team will be playing Thursday in Diddle while the rest are still at home complaining!
Rowan has a really good team, I am not jealous. To win back to back regional titles is a great accomplishment, this puts Tackett in the same company with Pam Euton who was also a great coach.
[quote=Tomcat Great]Rowan has a really good team, I am not jealous. To win back to back regional titles is a great accomplishment, this puts Tackett in the same company with Pam Euton who was also a great coach.[/QUOTE]

I lose 5 points off my I.Q. EVERY TIME I READ ONE OF YOUR POSTS! TA%@.
Congrats to Rowan.

Now about Tackett being in the same company with Euton...
[quote="Old Shooter"]Congrats to Rowan.

Now about Tackett being in the same company with Euton...[/QUOTE]

Did'nt know he did hair ? You learn something new every day. :eyeroll:
Dfenz Wrote:Like them or not, there is absolutely no excuse for this. The coaches should be ashamed of themselves. For a girl on the winning team to obviously have a significant role in winning the championship and not get MVP is ridiculous. However, the coaches dont see it that way. They see it as just another trophy going to Rowan. Griffith did have some good games but how can she be MVP of the tourny and not win? Apparently she was not valuable enough!! 16th regions coaches are jealous of Rowans success and to cheat a girl out of what she rightfully deserves is obserd! And teams wonder why Rowan beats them by 40! You bring it on yourself by doing stuff like this. But like others have said the most important thing is Katie and the rest of the team will be playing Thursday in Diddle while the rest are still at home complaining!

I agree that Martin had a tourney deserving of the MVP, but Griffith had a great tourney as well. If the MVP vote was taken at the end of the game, I agree that the MVP should, in almost all cases, be picked from the winning team. But aren't the ballots turned in during the second half and isn't the MVP decided on the sum of the coaches' votes for each player? If this is the case Martin could have only lost by one vote. I don't see a conspiracy here, I see a perfect reason why all tourney teams and especially MVP awards should not be given. All players should be happy enough to be playing for the championship. These kinds of awards usually cause hard feelings between players, coaches, parents and fans. JMO
Old Shooter Wrote:Congrats to Rowan.

Now about Tackett being in the same company with Euton...

Does Tackett like eating a Arby's too?
Congrats Lady Vikings
Congratulations to Rowan Co. Good luck at Bowling Green. I think you will represent the 16th Region well. Also congratulations to Elliott Co. on a great season.
Tomcat Great Wrote:Rowan has a really good team, I am not jealous. To win back to back regional titles is a great accomplishment, this puts Tackett in the same company with Pam Euton who was also a great coach.

Coach Tackett has done a great job the last two seasons. He took over an experience team that knows how to play basketball. Not to take anything away from him but I wonder how he does when he has to rebuild. As far as the Euton statement I am sure that have been other coaches that have won back to back 16th Regional titles.
Atticus Wrote:Coach Tackett has done a great job the last two seasons. He took over an experience team that knows how to play basketball. Not to take anything away from him but I wonder how he does when he has to rebuild. As far as the Euton statement I am sure that have been other coaches that have won back to back 16th Regional titles.

if you knew what he had coming up, you wouldn't need to be concerned, he's not
lvcoach Wrote:if you knew what he had coming up, you wouldn't need to be concerned, he's not

If your talking 7th and 8th graders, this was the weakest middle school group Rowan has had in years.
not to speak for lvcoach but im pretty sure they are probably referring to his freshman and jv teams. Both were pretty dominating this year as well.
lvcoach Wrote:if you knew what he had coming up, you wouldn't need to be concerned, he's not

Not concerned just curious.
Atticus Wrote:Not concerned just curious.

Let me settle your curiosity, Tackett is a great coach and the program is in very good hands. You can never tell what a High School team is going to do by looking and the 7th and 8th grades unless those kids have been held back 2 years. JV teams? Yes but not middle school teams.
LET EM PLAY Wrote:If your talking 7th and 8th graders, this was the weakest middle school group Rowan has had in years.

Agree what I saw it was pretty ugly.
Keep it on topic.

And congratulations to Rowan. I think I got all of my first round predictions correct. There was never a question in my mind about this game.
Good Game And Excellent Defense!!
Yes it was a good game.
Congrats to Rowan County Lady Vikings.
I have became a big fan.
Good Luck at the SWEET SIXTEEN!