Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps 58 Paintsville 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Way to go girls great game :1:
Congrats Lady Hornets!
Thank you Lady Tigers for a WONDERFUL year!
Congrats Phelps.
congrats phelps
Congrats Lady Hornets!
Congrats Lady Hornets!!!!

GREAT game.

Now bring the championship home!!
Good game by both teams..........well played, great players and fun to watch, but I still think JR should have been coach of the year in the 15th.
Congrats Phelps good luck in champ. game
yay!
this was a great game 2 watch, especially the second half Smile
Congrats Phelps
Congrats girls!!! NOW.... take care of business tomorrow.... I'm VERY proud of you!!!!
Great season from the Lady Tigers.

Congrats to the Lady Hornets on the win and good luck in the championship game!
Congratulations to Paintsville for making it this far. They had one heck of a team this year.

Lady Hornets, good luck to you in the championship game. Extremely talent group of girls that have really pulled a tremendous season together.
Great job ladies.
I would have loved to have been there.
Good luck in the championship game.
Congrats Phelps on a great 2nd half.
Very impressive!
Great season p-ville. You have nothing to hang your heads about. You've fought hard all year and had great success. I wish the seniors well, you girls have brought pride to the lady bball program @ pville, and paved the way for the future. Leah will be a beast the next few yrs!
C-ya tomorrow night hornets and best of luck! Well, maybe not too much!LOL
Phelps won this game from the free throw line I think they may have only missed 2 free throw or something like that..
3/6/2009
Phelps 58
Paintsville 48

Phelps 11 12 13 22 58

Paintsville 16 12 4 16 48

15th Region East Kentucky Expo Center
Phelps (20-5) -- Hall 9, Whitt 10, Pruitt 16, Riley 18, Ratliff 5.
Paintsville (19-9) -- Adams 7, VanHoose 6, Jarrell 6, Carroll 13, Chaffins 16.
Great job both teams, Paintsville is a very good team that just didn't make it tonight. Phelps keep playing together, JCC is talented big and tough, but beatable!! Take care of the ball, block out better than you have all year, play good D and play loose and tough, this is your game to win, keep having fun and playing Lady Hornet Basketball and show yourselves and all of those that thought you girls couldn't be brought together just how good you really are cause we haven't seen the best yet, what better time than Saturday evening? I'll say Phelps by 8!! Go Lady Hornets win this for yourselves and the sacrifices you made. Go BIG BLUE P.S. I know, it wasn't time for predictions on the next game yet I got carried Away.
Okay.. I've gotten my head and heart around that one... and I'd like to Congratulate the Lady Hornets. I'd also like to wish JR "Good Luck" tonight!
Phelps 58, Paintsville 48 (15th): Seniors Kaitlyn Riley and Merissa Pruitt led the way as the Lady Hornets upset Paintsville in the region semifinals at the East Kentucky Expo Center in Pikeville.

Riley had 18 points and 11 rebounds, and Pruitt chipped in with 16 points for Phelps.

The Lady Hornets will move on to face Johnson Central in Saturday's finals
kentucky.com
Stardust, I know it's not your words but I wouldn't call the Phelps win an upset, Phelps had won in an earlier meeting at Phelps around the same margin.......
The Lady Tigers and the Lady hornets match up really well..........both shot the ball well from outside, and can score in the Paints also. The thing I like about the match up is both teams seem to respect each other and I think that goes back to the two coaches, and their respect for each other. The girls on the Paintsville team grew up watch Coach J play, and some had him in class before he went to Phelps. Coach B was an assistant on the State Championship team, as well as the runner-up, the third place and the 95 team that went to the sweet 16.
I think there was more "stress" on the two coaches than the players.
nice win Phelps, good luck
Can anyone tell me who the player of the game was for this one???