Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan Co. 59 - Ashland 38 16th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats Lady Vikings!!!! Oh now lets listen to the excuses these Ashland guys come up with. On the contrary however, congratulations Kittens on a great season. Good luck this off season and keep working hard. To my lady viks, keep it rolling! Only one more to go then go take care of business at Diddle!
Gongratulations to the Lady Vikings on a really good showing tonight. The Lady Kittens never really got it going , but they had a good season and we look forward to seeing you next year.
I believe if the Lady Vikings win against Elliott Co.It will give your school 8 regional titles, just one short of what many have called a great regional power house, the Ashland Blazer Kittens, who have won 9.
Dfenz Wrote:Congrats Lady Vikings!!!! Oh now lets listen to the excuses these Ashland guys come up with. On the contrary however, congratulations Kittens on a great season. Good luck this off season and keep working hard. To my lady viks, keep it rolling! Only one more to go then go take care of business at Diddle!

Where are they at?

Can someone please post the stats.
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:Where are they at?

Can someone please post the stats.

I am here!

To the Devils Advocate: If the regionals were in Russell every year then I am sure your Lady Devils might have won some more titles as well.
Tomcat Great Wrote:I am here!

To the Devils Advocate: If the regionals were in Russell every year then I am sure your Lady Devils might have won some more titles as well.

You played them at alumni earlier, how'd that go for you? Rowans just better.
Congrats to the Lady Vikings. They definitely outplayed the Kittens tonight and all the credit goes to their players and coaches. They played like champions in all apects of the game. I see a second straight regional title on their horizon.
MaroonMonkey Wrote:I have to go with my kittens in a close one by 1.

t-cat_09 Wrote:Im going with my girls.
Ali's healthy enough to play, and Connor is unstoppable under the basketball.
Strait has also been having a great senior season.

If it's anything like the last match-up between the two, it will be a battle till the end.

kittennation Wrote:Are they same refs from last year? I believe they called some of the defensive hand checking Rowan is infamous for getting away with in the 16th region. I'll take Ashland by 4. GO KITTENS!!!!!!!

kybasketballfan Wrote:Ashland by 3

Tomcat Great Wrote:This should be a great game. I am worried that Wilcox will not be at 100% full strength and Kim has not been shooting very well as of late. This could be their last game and I am confident that both will give it all they have and leave it on the floor.

Some advice to my Tomcat/Kitten brothers and sisters that frequently read and post on this site, you do not need to defend every post that you read. My gesture would be that some of these posters should take a stroll in the lobby of Paul G. Blazer High School and see for themselves the outstanding accomplishments by all the sports programs at Ashland, both in Boys and Girls.

With all your good intentions Skip Pass you sometimes come across as apologetic and you take the bait of certain big mouth fish that swim around on here enticing you with maroon colored lures. Let it go.

After we pull off the upset come Thursday night it will silence the envious posters.

:igiveup: :igiveup: Now can we agree that Rowan is just that much better?
Rowan is without a doubt better than Ashland. The Kittens bigs couldn't stop Riddle under the basket and they are almost a foot taller. Riddle owned the Kittens tonight. We all need to remember though that no one actually beats Ashland. It's always either the refs, coaches, or injuries.

The Lady Vikings took it to the Kittens tonight and that is the only explanation needed! The Kittens got took on a long trip behind the woodshed and they never had an answer!

Good Luck to the Lady Vikings on the Road to Repeat
We were beaten by a better team last night. I will not make any excuses Rowan was ready to playlast night. I wouldn't trade the last 6 years with this group of seniors for anything.
BW3's
marooncat Wrote:We were beaten by a better team last night. I will not make any excuses Rowan was ready to playlast night. I wouldn't trade the last 6 years with this group of seniors for anything.

Thats a very interesting comment.
Tomcat Great Wrote:I am here!

Well surely you are not using that old standby excuse that has been used so many times in the past ? Do you really think Rowan has an edge because it's their home town? That's the one I hear the most ! I did notice a player or two talking to campus security last night, they were obviously friends. Does that lead you to believe they may use that gym ever now and then ? Nah ! Just because their players ate in the hospitality room and yours didn't doesn't make them homers.
The Lady Devils won't be a problem for years to come. They had to go to middle school to have a bench. They will be lucky to have enough to take the floor next season. For a school that claims to be so smart, they have dumbed themselves to death. The coach selected for this season will likely be replaced again. What did they expect, this was his 17th coaching job. It will be the second time he no longer coaches at Russell. HaHa
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:BW3's

Yep, no doubt Confusedhh:
devil's advocate Wrote:Well surely you are not using that old standby excuse that has been used so many times in the past ? Do you really think Rowan has an edge because it's their home town? That's the one I hear the most ! I did notice a player or two talking to campus security last night, they were obviously friends. Does that lead you to believe they may use that gym ever now and then ? Nah ! Just because their players ate in the hospitality room and yours didn't doesn't make them homers.
The Lady Devils won't be a problem for years to come. They had to go to middle school to have a bench. They will be lucky to have enough to take the floor next season. For a school that claims to be so smart, they have dumbed themselves to death. The coach selected for this season will likely be replaced again. What did they expect, this was his 17th coaching job. It will be the second time he no longer coaches at Russell. HaHa

Russell never hires their own people, they would rather hire people from Lawrence or lewis or anywhere but Russell. Anna Chaffin was the lone exception I can think of. They claim to be the best school with the best graduates but then won't hire any of them.
3/5/2009
Rowan Co. 59
Ashland Blazer 38
Ashland Blazer 11 11 9 7 38

Rowan Co. 11 23 12 13 59

16th Region at Morehead St.
Semifinals
Ashland Blazer (18-10) -- Wilcox 3, Dietrich 8, Strait 8, Connor 11, Leaver 4, Hanners 4.
Rowan Co. (25-3) -- Muncy 4, Brockman 4, Riddle 17, Martin 15, Kissinger 7, Hamilton 2, Kiser 5, Neely 5

kentucky.com
Its easy for some of you on here to kick someone when they are already down. The Kittens had a great season and as I stated earlier I wouldn't trade the last 6 years with that bunch of senior girls for anything!
razor Wrote:Its easy for some of you on here to kick someone when they are already down. The Kittens had a great season and as I stated earlier I wouldn't trade the last 6 years with that bunch of senior girls for anything!

I don't think anyone has said anything negative about the "Kittens" themselves. Most comments have been directed towards the fans who think the Kittens should win every game and if they dont there is always an excuse. IMO