Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NIT Bid!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should we even take a NIT bid and play if we don't make the NCAA? What would that really accomplish?
NO!
58fan Wrote:NO!
58fan please say why.
Yeah, you'd have to take it. No matter how bad it is, a NIT championship would be better than no post season at all. Sad thing is, with Billy, we'd get to the championship and be playing nip and tuck, and he'd pull the starters to make a statement, and we'd lose that game too. Billy Gillispie couldn't coach a fat kid, in a cake eating contest.
I remember when Ricky P said that UK wasnt going to take a NIT bid and when the time came around UK took the bid.
Basically I feel that it would just further confirm how far the program has fallen. Most fans including me probably could not take the loss we would take to another second rate program
i'd say take it for the boys cause you know they want more basketball and it give us more chance to play with each other. remember we're a young team!
I would much rather see UK play in a Tournament that they have a chance of competing in rather than going in and losing in the first round. If the Cats make the NCAA tournament, they will be a high seed playing a low seed in the first round and will more than likely lose.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would much rather see UK play in a Tournament that they have a chance of competing in rather than going in and losing in the first round. If the Cats make the NCAA tournament, they will be a high seed playing a low seed in the first round and will more than likely lose.

I doubt seing them get a seed over 9, be lucky to even get in now
No No No
NO KY does not play for the NIT its NCAA or nothing
oldvik20 Wrote:NO KY does not play for the NIT its NCAA or nothing

Guess its nothing then!!!!!:lmao:
No they shouldnt....Cause when they lose there...what else is there to lose?
Have a little respect for the game you all, its not the end ofd the world to play in the NIT. Yeah Kentucky is the "Basketball Capital" of the world, but my god it IMO would be very disrespectful of the admin to do something like this to the players and the fans who TRULY LOVE the game of basketball. Get over it we are taking our licks as does every team. Duke, UNC and so on will have their days when they struggle it just isnt right now for them. Get over it suck it up and stop whinning its just basketball not life or death.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Have a little respect for the game you all, its not the end ofd the world to play in the NIT. Yeah Kentucky is the "Basketball Capital" of the world, but my god it IMO would be very disrespectful of the admin to do something like this to the players and the fans who TRULY LOVE the game of basketball. Get over it we are taking our licks as does every team. Duke, UNC and so on will have their days when they struggle it just isnt right now for them. Get over it suck it up and stop whinning its just basketball not life or death.

:Thumbs:
NYY10 Wrote:I doubt seing them get a seed over 9, be lucky to even get in now
If they get in, they will get a 12-13 seed
there better of in the NIT... not a doubt in my mind that they will get demolished tommorow at gator nation and odds are nearly 0 for them winning the SEC so maybe they could win a game in the NIT.... While we are talking about the NIT who will win..... I pick G'town
NCAA or nothing........that's crap. I

t's not a fans tournament it's a reward for the players, play in any post season tournament you can play in.......Get over it, the season isn't the best in KY basketball history, but guess what, the sun will rise, 8, 9 and 10 year old kids will shoot baskets on the barn and the grass will grow during the spring summer and fall.

The tournaments aren't for us, we didn't get up at 5:00 AM to workout or run those miles of sprints.......we're the people who have stronger thumbs to switch channels and go get a diet pepsi from the frige.......as my dad always says, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
We won't even win the NIT
AV22 Wrote:NCAA or nothing........that's crap. I

t's not a fans tournament it's a reward for the players, play in any post season tournament you can play in.......Get over it, the season isn't the best in KY basketball history, but guess what, the sun will rise, 8, 9 and 10 year old kids will shoot baskets on the barn and the grass will grow during the spring summer and fall.

The tournaments aren't for us, we didn't get up at 5:00 AM to workout or run those miles of sprints.......we're the people who have stronger thumbs to switch channels and go get a diet pepsi from the frige.......as my dad always says, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Absolutely wonderful post my friend!

I've struggled the past couple of days with the idea of playing in the NIT. To me it would be a little embarrasing, yes...........But like you said let the players play........ and I love to watch my CATS play no matter who or where they're playing! You can gurantee the NIT ratings would be higher than ever if the CATS did end up in it......... IMO we will pull out a SEC championsip thus auto bid!
Too me even though they won last night, I think they use this as a spring board. Remember we won the NIT in 76 and then won the NCAA in 78. Let's keep cheering on the cats until the season is over.
beasy_bo Wrote:i'd say take it for the boys cause you know they want more basketball and it give us more chance to play with each other. remember we're a young team!

I feel the same way.
Seems to me only fair, and we should do it for the players.
you get a trophy