Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patterson Gone After This Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Per M**c M*gg**d & Larry Vaught... Mitch Barnhardt met with Patrick Patterson’s mom for 10 minutes. According to Vaught, it was very cordial and not heated, but he did have this to say:

"She was visibly upset and had a few tears because she knew the loss meant her son was not going to get to play in the NCAA again."

Take it for what it's worth.
i think if meeks stays he does but if not he is gone. i personally believe they both have awesome head on thier shoulders and they'll both stay and so we shall have a good team next year
I hope they both go personally. Then maybe Mitch can see the situation that UK will be faced with thanks to the drunk and will can his *** after the season is over with.
It is not definite that UK will not be in the NCAA tourney, yet, is it? There is still the possibility of winning the SEC tourney, and possibly gettin in that way?
dortonite Wrote:It is not definite that UK will not be in the NCAA tourney, yet, is it? There is still the possibility of winning the SEC tourney, and possibly gettin in that way?

According to ESPN college basketball analysis Joe Lunardi, UK has a chance if they can knock of Florida this weekend and win some game down at the SEC Tournament, without even having to win the entire SEC Tournament. Although it would be nice.

It is still going to take a lot of convincing to get Billy Gillispie back on Big Blue Nation's goodside.
To me it all boils down to Patterson mom should have had the attitude that we should never say never. We can still win the SEC(Long shot), but I think the attitude got the team there if the first place. Second, Patrick is injury prone. What NBA team is going to draft him knowing he has been injured in the first two years of college basketball. To me he needs a full healthy year of basketball, and tell his mom to watch the words she says. To say that you are never going to play in the NCAA again is say that you aren't going to win the SEC. You just can't have that kind of mentality.
cougarpride08 Wrote:To me it all boils down to Patterson mom should have had the attitude that we should never say never. We can still win the SEC(Long shot), but I think the attitude got the team there if the first place. Second, Patrick is injury prone. What NBA team is going to draft him knowing he has been injured in the first two years of college basketball. To me he needs a full healthy year of basketball, and tell his mom to watch the words she says. To say that you are never going to play in the NCAA again is say that you aren't going to win the SEC. You just can't have that kind of mentality.

When does Patterson actually get a chance to heal his injuries. It has been reported numerous times that Gillispie has still practiced Patterson hard even through the injury to his finger.
Ask the Trailblazers how they felt when there big guy went down and couldn't play for a year. If he is drafted at all it will be low, and he better not hire an agent. Just ask Randolph Morris.
She said he will not get to play in the tourney again....speaking of last years injury and the posibility of not making it this year. She was not forcasting next season at all. Just another comment taken out of context. That is the monster called UK Basketball.
I hope he doesnt leave.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Per M**c M*gg**d & Larry Vaught... Mitch Barnhardt met with Patrick Patterson’s mom for 10 minutes. According to Vaught, it was very cordial and not heated, but he did have this to say:

"She was visibly upset and had a few tears because she knew the loss meant her son was not going to get to play in the NCAA again."

LOL .. hes never played in an NCAA game to begin with.. Last year he didn't get to play in it, because of injury. This year because of not making it. Thats what she was saying, not that he wouldn't be here next year. I think not making the tourney will help our chance of Patterson coming back. He'll want to at least play in one.
I hope he don't leave.....
5timechamp Wrote:She said he will not get to play in the tourney again....speaking of last years injury and the posibility of not making it this year. She was not forcasting next season at all. Just another comment taken out of context. That is the monster called UK Basketball.

Same thing I was thinking.
PP is better off to leave for himself. On the other hand, Kentucky will be hurting even more.
I hope both stay but I think both should go. What do they have to prove? Meeks is the SEC scoring leader and one of the best in the country. Patterson is a beast in the post and don't need to risk injury next season. I think if he stays he can move up the draft latter but can go now and still be a good pick.
Let's face it. KY will make the big dance. UK fans flock where ever they are playing ans $$$$$ talks.
dortonite Wrote:It is not definite that UK will not be in the NCAA tourney, yet, is it? There is still the possibility of winning the SEC tourney, and possibly gettin in that way?
IMO the cats had a good season, there not a championship or even final four caliber team, there an average team getting better as the season goes along.
What the **** are you smoking Spartan? They arent getting better, they are getting worse and its not their fault, its the sorry coach they have that has them playing like this. They can only do what he is telling them to do, and what he is telling them to do isnt working. They work their butts off and he ridicules them, hes a joke and needs to go immediately.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Per M**c M*gg**d & Larry Vaught... Mitch Barnhardt met with Patrick Patterson’s mom for 10 minutes. According to Vaught, it was very cordial and not heated, but he did have this to say:

LOL where in this comment does it say he is leaving? As what was posted and what I read it said "That he was not going to play in the NCAA Tourney agian. Does it say he will never to get play in the NCAA? No, He didnt play this year and unless they step there game up not this year either. Another case of people reading to deep into somethign they no noting about.
I don't think he'll leave. But if he does, and for some odd reason Meeks leaves also, UK will be worse next year than they are this year...
Might not be a good time to go pro. I mean if you were in control of a NBA team would you not probably choose Griffin, Harangody, Blair, and possibly Thabeet over PP. I love PP, I think he is going to be a great Pro, but it will be hard going the same time as these 4.
i think so
I hope Patterson is a Millionaire this time next year