Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Pre-Season Poll - March 5, 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2009 Pre-Season Poll - March 5, 2009

( 1st-Place Votes in Parentheses )

1. Pleasure Ridge Park
2. Apollo
3. Eastern
4. Lexington Catholic
St. Xavier
6. Tates Creek
7. Trinity
8. Harrison County
9. Lawrence County
10. Henry Clay
11. Bullitt East
12. Lexington Christian
13. Christian County
14. Paul Dunbar
15. Greenup County
16. Ballard
17. Daviess County
18. Male
19. Covington Catholic
20. Elizabethtown
21. Henderson County
22. West Jessamine
23. Bowling Green
DuPont Manual
25. Owensboro Catholic

Others Receiving Votes — Boyd County 22, Heath 20, Greenwood 17, Boyle County 15, Central Hardin 15, Franklin-Simpson 14, Shelby County 13, Beechwood 12, Bell County 12, Christian Academy 12, Hopkinsville 12, Lafayette 12, Madison Central 12, Larue County 11, Warren East 11, Bryan Station 10, Clay County 10 (one 1st-Place vote), Mayfield 10 (one 1st-Place vote), Ashland Blazer 9, Grayson County 9, Rockcastle County 9, Washington County 9, Anderson County 8, George Rogers Clark 8, Mercer County 8, Newport Central Catholic 8, Scott County 7, Western Hills 7, Campbellsville 6, Cumberland County 6, Franklin County 6, Ryle 6, Somerset 6, Danville 5, Estill County 5, Holy Cross-Covington 5, Louisville Collegiate 5, Marshall County 5, Ohio County 5, Owensboro 5, South Laurel 4, East Jessamine 3, Butler 2, Corbin 2, East Carter 2, Paintsville 2, Allen County Scottsville 1, Edmonson County 1, Johnson Central 1, Muhlenberg North 1, Oldham County 1, Trigg County 1
Who won the state title last year?
PRP won the baseball state title last year
Lcc should have gotten at least one vote.
i think lcc should have got 1 vote too
How good is Clay county?
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:How good is Clay county?

Clay is prety tough, but i dont see them as much as this information says. I still believe Bell is the 13th's favorite. But the only 13th teams I saw up there were South, Corbin, and Clay. Maybe I over looked it. Correct me if Im wrong.
the dark wizard Wrote:Clay is prety tough, but i dont see them as much as this information says. I still believe Bell is the 13th's favorite. But the only 13th teams I saw up there were South, Corbin, and Clay. Maybe I over looked it. Correct me if Im wrong.

Never mind I just relooked and saw Bell w/ 12 votes. I also believe Danville should be top 25.
the dark wizard Wrote:Clay is prety tough, but i dont see them as much as this information says. I still believe Bell is the 13th's favorite. But the only 13th teams I saw up there were South, Corbin, and Clay. Maybe I over looked it. Correct me if Im wrong.

Bell County was stacked last year with juniors and when you add another year with that same team they have to be the favorites going into the season. They also have arguablly the best player in the region on their team and when you add in all the variables they are the team to beat in the 13th Region.
Bryan Station 10 votes? They must have lost no one because they were'nt that great last year.......... Also I figured Letcher and Perry would have got a few votes......
I beleive Cov Cath is too low. They have all of their pitching back and arguably the best player in the state in their line-up.
Stardust Wrote:I beleive Cov Cath is too low. They have all of their pitching back and arguably the best player in the state in their line-up.

I agree Cov Cath is not only one of the most talented teams i seen last year, but they are also one of the best coached teams that i have seen. They do most little things that normal teams dont even think about or spend time on. I think they will definetely be at applebees park this season and i think they have a shot at going pretty far in the tournament. They are a very fun team to watch play.