Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The 3 point line for the sweet 16?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rupp arena only has the college 3 point line marked. what are they going to do during the sweet 16? do they put another line or what?
Yeah, they will have the old three point line down on the floor for the sweet 16.
C.Clair Wrote:Yeah, they will have the old three point line down on the floor for the sweet 16.

Yes, that was in the paper at the beginning of the season stating that Rupp would be painting HS line prior to the Sweet 16
I dont think they will be painting a HS line down I think they will just pull out the old floor and put it together for the state tourney.
skeow Wrote:I dont think they will be painting a HS line down I think they will just pull out the old floor and put it together for the state tourney.

Why would they do that when each year they add the sweet 16 logo to the current floor?
There are two three point lines already on the Rupp floor. The second is almost invisible, it can only really be seen once you are on the floor. Its a black line thats really, really thin and its at the distance of the current high school line. Whether they choose to add another one, I dont know.
The sweet 16 logo is a huge sticker. The lines Im not so sure about.
good question. i think they should just leave the college line and get some of these players that are going to play in college ready for it.
What if UK is in the NIT? How will that affect the Sweet 16? I'd think UK would get some home games.
Statmaster Wrote:What if UK is in the NIT? How will that affect the Sweet 16? I'd think UK would get some home games.

They won't be. They bring too much $$ to the NCAA for that.
fanatic11 Wrote:good question. i think they should just leave the college line and get some of these players that are going to play in college ready for it.

By that logic the NCAA tournament should use the NBA 3-point line.
They should go back to no 3 pt shot, maybe these kids would learn how to shoot a free throw! Smile
rojas Wrote:By that logic the NCAA tournament should use the NBA 3-point line.

makes sense to me. :1: