Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nba Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the NBA draft is 116 days off... What players from the state of Kentucky will go....I think that PAtterson will go in the first round around 20 he is expected to be #21 right no...I also think Meeks will go in the first round , however he is picked 44 in the 2nd round... Earl clarke from the ville stays at the ville although he is picked to go 7, Twill expected to go 30 to lakers right now in the first round
[quote=cards23]Well the NBA draft is 116 days off... What players from the state of Kentucky will go....I think that PAtterson will go in the first round around 20 he is expected to be #21 right no...I also think Meeks will go in the first round , however he is picked 44 in the 2nd round... Earl clarke from the ville stays at the ville although he is picked to go 7, Twill expected to go 30 to lakers right now in the first round[/QUOT
This goes to show who the best player is meeks or williams...lol But I agree Clark stays and other go
Patric Patterson, Jodie Meeks would be making a big mistake if they come out this year! Next year they should both go in the early first round depending on how they play. Early first round vs second round would mean a few million dollars!!!!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:Patric Patterson, Jodie Meeks would be making a big mistake if they come out this year! Next year they should both go in the early first round depending on how they play. Early first round vs second round would mean a few million dollars!!!!!!!!!

I unders no circumstances want PP to go, but IMO, he's a fool if he doesn't. Take the money, it's there and his draft position will not greatly improve by sticking in college another year. If he goes mid 1st, he goes to a decent team. I'd much rather see him on a team that he can possibly help put over the top then get drafted higher to a garbage team that he will get lost on.
lil dog Wrote:Patric Patterson, Jodie Meeks would be making a big mistake if they come out this year! Next year they should both go in the early first round depending on how they play. Early first round vs second round would mean a few million dollars!!!!!!!!!

I just re-read your post. You are mistaken if you think either of these two guys will be around by the 2nd round. Both are #1's, and PP could potentially be a Lotter pick. I disagree with you if you think they will ge in the 2nd round. There is not a pre-draft analysis that has eihter not being picked in the 1st.

As for Meeks, I do beleive he can improve his draft stock by staying in college one more year. I think Jodie, should he have another year like this, could put himself in a lotter pick situation. But really, he has been discussed as POY this year. What more can he do next year except win the award.
I would love to see T-Will become a Laker.
Aslan Wrote:I would love to see T-Will become a Laker.

They have enough cheerleaders already, I honestly don't think they need him. Maybe he could get water though TongueirateSho
I think Meeks should come back and work on his ball handling and passing. He needs to be able to create his shot alot better then he does now to be a high draft pick. Patterson can go whenever he wants and be a high draft pick, although I hope he comes back.
i dont really see meeks or patterson going. meeks before patterson just cause he's had a better year. before patterson even thinks about the pro's he got to learn how to shoot a jumper and he's not big enough to push people around in the NBA. meeks everyone has already said it dribbling skills ALOT!
Stardust Wrote:I just re-read your post. You are mistaken if you think either of these two guys will be around by the 2nd round. Both are #1's, and PP could potentially be a Lottery pick. I disagree with you if you think they will be in the 2nd round. There is not a pre-draft analysis that has either not being picked in the 1st.

As for Meeks, I do believe he can improve his draft stock by staying in college one more year. I think Jodie, should he have another year like this, could put himself in a lottery pick situation. But really, he has been discussed as POY this year. What more can he do next year except win the award.

I think pp, could improve his stock if he stayed.With Orton coming in he could move to power forward some of the pressure will be off of him. He can be a
lottery pick which is guaranteed money!!
If Meeks gets poy and works on his handles and creating a shot off the dribble he will be a lottery pick guaranteed money. didn't mean to say that they wouldn't go 1st round.
Terrence Williams will be a beast in the NBA if he gets into the right situation... I can't wait.
Stardust Wrote:They have enough cheerleaders already, I honestly don't think they need him. Maybe he could get water though TongueirateSho

Thats a real good one there but he will go before JODIE MEEKS:argue:
theVILLE Wrote:Thats a real good one there but he will go before JODIE MEEKS:argue:

No, Lunardi said he will be a second round pick, behind Meeks, so I guess you missed this one too.
Stardust Wrote:No, Lunardi said he will be a second round pick, behind Meeks, so I guess you missed this one too.

nbadraft.net says TWILL 30 going to lakers Meeks 44 in the second round... that sight is actually NBA scouts....PAtterson 21 and earl clark 7... Guess you missed that one
Stardust Wrote:They have enough cheerleaders already, I honestly don't think they need him. Maybe he could get water though TongueirateSho

No, they dont. The Lakers are stacked the next few years. Of course he can be part of a dynasty though. Big Grin
DeuceUL Wrote:Terrence Williams will be a beast in the NBA if he gets into the right situation... I can't wait.

Agree.
Neither Patterson or Meeks are ready for the NBA. Meeks still has a few things to work on, and Patterson has alot to work on. He is not big enough or strong enough to contend with the bigs of the NBA, and he needs to work on a decent mid range jumper, and learn to not get blocked everytime he goes inside. I think Meeks is more ready than he is because as I have said before, the NBA is a guards league, with the exception of a few great big guys like Howard, Duncan, Shaq, and a few others. Jodie really doesnt have to worry about ballhandling in the NBA too much because he wouldnt have to be handling the ball much, just be ready to catch and shoot, like Reggie Miller did and Ray Allen does now. I do see Terrence Williams going ahead of him as well as Clark, should he go, going ahead of Patterson.
theVILLE Wrote:[quote=cards23]Well the NBA draft is 116 days off... What players from the state of Kentucky will go....I think that PAtterson will go in the first round around 20 he is expected to be #21 right no...I also think Meeks will go in the first round , however he is picked 44 in the 2nd round... Earl clarke from the ville stays at the ville although he is picked to go 7, Twill expected to go 30 to lakers right now in the first round[/QUOT
This goes to show who the best player is meeks or williams...lol But I agree Clark stays and other go

I would have to disagree with you on Patterson. He needs one more year. I think he need to be healthy one year. Meeks will go in the first round, but I think he needs to stay due to his lack of defense. Clark will go.