Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeffersontown 69 - Eastern 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeffersontown upsets Eastern to win the 28th District Championship.
Great game!
I missed this pick.

This is a slight upset. Congrats J-town!
Congrats J-Town!
Congrats Jeffersontown!
good win jtown!
Two teams ranked in the top 5 in the state.
Congrats Jefferson. Will Eastern still the favorite to come out of the region?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Congrats Jefferson. Will Eastern still the favorite to come out of the region?

Not sure the top 3 teams in the region are Ballard, Eastern and Jeffersontown and here is how they fared against one another:

Jeffersontown is 2-0 against Eastern
Eastern is 2-0 against Ballard
Ballard is 2-0 against Jeffersontown

The 7th Region will go to one of these 3 teams and it looks like it will come down to who gets the luckier side of the draw to determine which 2 of these 3 teams will make it to the Regional Championship.
Also Ballard, Jeffersontown and Eastern should be VERY wary of Manual. Jenkins is starting to show that he is finally healthy and if that is the case, it could spell trouble for the big three. Manual is the only team, IMO, that has the players and personel to upset Ballard, J-town and Eastern.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Not sure the top 3 teams in the region are Ballard, Eastern and Jeffersontown and here is how they fared against one another:

Jeffersontown is 2-0 against Eastern
Eastern is 2-0 against Ballard
Ballard is 2-0 against Jeffersontown

The 7th Region will go to one of these 3 teams and it looks like it will come down to who gets the luckier side of the draw to determine which 2 of these 3 teams will make it to the Regional Championship.

Amazing stat :Thumbs:

I certainly picked Eastern for their overall play, but was a pickem game. Great joby by J-Town
I guess that J'town presents matchup problems for Eastern.

Should be an exciting regional tourney in the 7th!
Not much of an upset guys..Sure the records are different, but the lone loss was to J-Town by 15 earlier.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Not much of an upset guys..Sure the records are different, but the lone loss was to J-Town by 15 earlier.

I don't disagree, but it had seemed like since that first J-Town game, Eastern has played on a mission. This did prove though that as of now, J-Town is the better team.

The old adage of "it's hard to beat a team 3 times" will be very telling should these two match-up in the region.
Alright so heres the scoop boys and girls...

These two played in front of a packed house, standing room only crowd last night and both were pumped up. J'Town came out ahead of the bat, due to Eastern missing some layups because they were so pumped. After the initial burst this game was back and forth ALL NIGHT. J'Town lead by 1 at the half, but barely missed being down 2 as Chris Dowe's 3/4 court heave almost went in, hitting off the back iron.

J'Town played one of their best games of the year again, not so much in the shooting but their overall play was good. Eastern just made some mistakes at the end and really gave the game away. Tough for them to swallow, but it may have been the proverbial "good loss". Eastern out rebounded J'Town 41-27 and shot 59% from the field TO LOSE. 9-19 FT will do that every time, throw in some ill timed turnovers at the end of the game and this 4 point loss is what you get.

Can't wait for the regional tournament, may be the best in years.

Scotty doesn't know: I'm not sold Eastern was ever the favorite in the region, yes...they were ranked higher and had the best record, but these top three teams are so even its almost a moot point. Right now I'd say Ballard is the favorite.

BaseballisLife: Manual is a good team, and they are made even better by having Jenkins back and playing at full speed, however I saw both of their district games and if it were not for a huge 2nd half and a collapse by St. X then Manual would be sitting at home. They're dangerous, don't get me wrong...any team with a shooter like Jenkins waiting to go off is dangerous. But I think Eastern's draw of Manual in the first round of regionals is a very favorable one for Eastern.

Stardust: I know my saying this sounds like a bitter fan, but J'Town is not a better team than Eastern. You may ask how a team that has beaten them twice is not better than they are but you just have to have watched both all season to understand where I'm basing my opinion. Eastern has beaten Ballard twice also this year but are they better than them?At this point, not in my opinion.
EasternAlum Wrote:Alright so heres the scoop boys and girls...

These two played in front of a packed house, standing room only crowd last night and both were pumped up. J'Town came out ahead of the bat, due to Eastern missing some layups because they were so pumped. After the initial burst this game was back and forth ALL NIGHT. J'Town lead by 1 at the half, but barely missed being down 2 as Chris Dowe's 3/4 court heave almost went in, hitting off the back iron.

J'Town played one of their best games of the year again, not so much in the shooting but their overall play was good. Eastern just made some mistakes at the end and really gave the game away. Tough for them to swallow, but it may have been the proverbial "good loss". Eastern out rebounded J'Town 41-27 and shot 59% from the field TO LOSE. 9-19 FT will do that every time, throw in some ill timed turnovers at the end of the game and this 4 point loss is what you get.

Can't wait for the regional tournament, may be the best in years.

Scotty doesn't know: I'm not sold Eastern was ever the favorite in the region, yes...they were ranked higher and had the best record, but these top three teams are so even its almost a moot point. Right now I'd say Ballard is the favorite.

BaseballisLife: Manual is a good team, and they are made even better by having Jenkins back and playing at full speed, however I saw both of their district games and if it were not for a huge 2nd half and a collapse by St. X then Manual would be sitting at home. They're dangerous, don't get me wrong...any team with a shooter like Jenkins waiting to go off is dangerous. But I think Eastern's draw of Manual in the first round of regionals is a very favorable one for Eastern.

Stardust: I know my saying this sounds like a bitter fan, but J'Town is not a better team than Eastern. You may ask how a team that has beaten them twice is not better than they are but you just have to have watched both all season to understand where I'm basing my opinion. Eastern has beaten Ballard twice also this year but are they better than them?At this point, not in my opinion.

It was a packed house, but not standing room only. It was hot too. Jeffersontown did play a very good game, but couldn't hit shots from the perimeter and scored nearly every point from the line or from point blank layups.

Reves was the key. He was solid in the paint and scored every time he got deep into the paint.

Delquan Thomas getting into foul trouble and having to come out at the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th is where Town made their run.

And then there's the free throws.

I thought Eastern's Abell played extremely well and in my opinion is one of the top underated players in the region. Depth wise, Eastern is the deepest team in the region.
There was a great crowd but I was expecting more as there were a few seats. And the gym was cold compared to those packed house games at Ballard.

I really thought J-Town showed that they are the deepest team in the 7th in this game. It seemed like they played 10 guys, two of which were freshmen. Eastern continued to make Reeves look like an All American as their size is their main problem. Foul trouble was killer for Eastern and their bench play was below average. Abell is a stud and considering that he is only a sophomore he will soon start getting the recognition he deserves.

I look for Eastern to win a competitive game over Manual and Ballard to knock off JTown and eventually Ballard beating Eastern in the final. This isn't what I am hoping for but it would be tough for Eastern to beat Ballard for a 3rd time this year and the differences in these two teams' schedules are starting to show down the stretch. That JTown Ballard game could be a state final and its a regional semi...thats the luck of the draw.