Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg vs. Pike Co. Central - 15th Regional Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1st round of the 15th Region Tourney at the Expo Center.

Prestonsburg beat the Hawks at Pike Central 97-82 in their only matchup of the season.

Predictions and thoughts on this first-round contest?
if pike central plays as a team i think it will be a close game. p-burg is a good team but PCC can be a good team too when they try too be.

ill take PCC by 4+

good luck hawks!
This game will be Thursday at 8:00 pm.

I think Steven Patrick will be the biggest factor in this game. If Prestosnburg's guards feed him the ball early and often and Steven takes advantage, I think the Blackcats move on by double-digits.

The Hawks like the run-n-gun offense and Prestonsburg proved that they could run as well scoring 97 points in the last meeting.

I believe that this will be another high scoring affair with the Blackcats coming out on top by 10-15.
Prestonsburg wins this one by at least 10.
I'm predicting Blackcats take this by as many as they want.

Pike Central is a very solid team, no doubt about it, but I believe my Blackcats have their eyes on the prize and will take control early and never look back.
The Blackcats have really come on strong here in the late part of the season. I think if Pburg plays with the same intesity as they did in the BL game they can win ths game by 20! Go Cats!
Prestonsburg by 5
I think the pace will be a little slower this time around as most games slow down as the tourny goes on. I'll take the Blackcats by 8.
Hawks by 6
If Prestonsburg can carry the momentum they where playing with from the 58th district tournament then I don't see anyone slowing the Blackcats down until they get to the 15th region finals.

Pike Central has an extremely dangerous team, but I think Prestonsburg should go inside early and often like outdoorsman mentioned above, because PCC has no one to stop Gearheart or Patrick. I'll take my Blackcats by 5-15 points.

Best of luck to both... GO BLACKCATS!!!
It depends on which Pike Central Team shows up if the the same CENTRAL team shows up that played at the end of the second half against phelps the central by 5
Prestonsburg by 10+. Patrick is playing great and no one for PCC can stop him. Plus Tackett is shooting well. Good luck to both!
:Clap: Its up to Dieb and Hobo if they win against P-burg, right now Dieb is playing great ball which Dieb is best player in region for real. If you aint seen him play don't be hatin. Hobo is a leader and only a sophmore if he shows up focused and ready to play PCC by 14...
It should be a very good game, but I take Prestonburg
we are gonna take it by 12 and send the blackcats back to p'burg
I'm gonna go with Prestonburg on this one by 15
Recznik Wrote:Dieb is playing great ball which Dieb is best player in region for real. If you aint seen him play don't be hatin.

Wow. Did you see Elisha Justice play against Pike Central the other night?
Hope you get a better set of refs then what was at pike central on saturday
If Pike Central doesn't come to play. Say goodbye

They must limit Burchetts shots close and carefully. Contain him at all times. This is Region, anything is possible.
P-burg by 8 good luck to both teams
Tyler J Wrote:Hawks by 6

IF the Hawks play as a team, rebound like they can, and play MAN-TO-MAN, they can do it!! GO HAWKS!!!:Clap:
P-Burg by 11
Prestonsburg by 11.
InstantOffense Wrote:Wow. Did you see Elisha Justice play against Pike Central the other night?
Stop trying to turn every thread into something about SV.
P-Burg by 10
PCC is playing good basketball now, if they continue to play as a team they are capable of putting some big numbers up on the score board. However if some of the players show up & try to win on their own then central will loose big. Prestonsburg has very good outside shooters capable of scoring big also.

PCC in a close battle by 8-12.
Let's get this thread back on topic.

ttt
Recznik Wrote::Clap: Its up to Dieb and Hobo if they win against P-burg, right now Dieb is playing great ball which Dieb is best player in region for real. If you aint seen him play don't be hatin. Hobo is a leader and only a sophmore if he shows up focused and ready to play PCC by 14...

You must be correct and Dieb is the best player in the region as I was censored when thinking this must be a relative hyping him up.... my mistake to have a sense of humor about it......
P-Burg by 12
Pages: 1 2