Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Veterans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many Veterans do we have on BGR? Anyone active?

Please state what you were in and what you MOS was/is.
I was in the US Army. Primary MOS was Combat Engineer. Reclassed to EOD. Did two deployments to Iraq. One was during the invasion where i spent most of that time in Basra and Nasaria and one was to Ar Ramdi and Fallujah where i did Route Clearance. Spent a total of 3 out of the last 7 years in Iraq.
To each and everyone of you that have served or is serving, THANK YOU! :notworthy
US Navy - Aviation Electricians Mate and F-14 Tomcat Plane Captain. 1989-1992 at Naval Air Station Miramar - Top Gun Hanger One.
Assigned to Fighter Squadron One VF-1 Wolfpack aboard U.S.S Ranger CV-61
Operation Desert Shield
Operation Desert Storm
1 year 7months at sea
U.S. Army. Corporal. MOS 19K, gunner m1a1 main battle tank. B Troop 5th Squadron 12th Armored Cavalry Regiment 1987-1991
lawrencefan Wrote:U.S. Army. Corporal. MOS 19K, gunner m1a1 main battle tank. B Troop 5th Squadron 12th Armored Cavalry Regiment 1987-1991

Hah...Lawrence fan. 19D Cav scout. Bravo Trp 3rd Squadron 6th Cav Regiment, Ft. Campbell.
vundy33 Wrote:Hah...Lawrence fan. 19D Cav scout. Bravo Trp 3rd Squadron 6th Cav Regiment, Ft. Campbell.

Gary Owen!
lawrencefan Wrote:Gary Owen!

Not following ya man...
vundy33 Wrote:Not following ya man...

Gary Owen is the Army'e song for cavalry. They play it at ceremonies involving cavalry troops.
thank you all.
lawrencefan Wrote:Gary Owen is the Army'e song for cavalry. They play it at ceremonies involving cavalry troops.

Never heard of it...The only Cav song I know of is the Fiddler's Green...it's a poem.
USMC, infantry then I got transferred to the air wing where I worked on T.A.C.A.N.S. and I.F.F. Camp Lejeune and New River in North Carolina. I did travel a lot while on he Marine basketball team. It was great!