Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Tourney Predictions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do you see going to the finals in the 15th region tourney?

Bracket
Johnson Central
Belfry

Betsy Layne
Shelby Valley

Lawrence County
Phelps

Prestonsburg
Pike Central/Sheldon Clark
No knowing the match-ups, but I see The finals of Shelby Valley and Johnson Central with Valley advancing to Rupp
Stardust Wrote:No knowing the match-ups, but I see The finals of Shelby Valley and Johnson Central with Valley advancing to Rupp

I added what the bracket looks like in the opening post.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Bracket
Johnson Central
Belfry

Betsy Layne
Shelby Valley

Lawrence County
Phelps

Prestonsburg

I see first-round winners as Johnson Central, Valley, Lawrence, and P-Burg.

Semifinal winners Valley (over JC) and Lawrence (over P-Burg).

Champion = Shelby Valley
More Cowbell Wrote:I see first-round winners as Johnson Central, Valley, Lawrence, and P-Burg.

Semifinal winners Valley (over JC) and Lawrence (over P-Burg).

Champion = Shelby Valley

Looks similar to mine, but I'll take my Blackcats over LC in the semi's. Just wasn't impressed when the two met up a few weeks ago, because Pburg was without Burchett and was without Gearheart for most of the game and still just about beat LC.

Johnson Central
Belfry------------------------------Johnson Central
--------------------------------------------------------------Shelby Valley
Betsy Layne-----------------------Shelby Valley
Shelby Valley
------------------------------CHAMPION-----------------------------------------Shelby Valley
Lawrence County
Phelps------------------------------Lawrence County
---------------------------------------------------------------Prestonsburg
Prestonsburg----------------------Prestonsburg
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Looks similar to mine, but I'll take my Blackcats over LC in the semi's. Just wasn't impressed when the two met up a few weeks ago, because Pburg was without Burchett and was without Gearheart for most of the game and still just about beat LC.

Johnson Central
Betsy Layne
Shelby Valley---------------------Shelby Valley
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Shelby Valley
Lawrence County

I agree with this bracket.

I think it will be a Valley/Prestonsburg championship game with Valley winning in impressive fashion on their way to state.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Who do you see going to the finals in the 15th region tourney?

Bracket
Johnson Central
Belfry

Betsy Layne
Shelby Valley

Lawrence County
Phelps

Prestonsburg

Johnson Central def Belfry.......Johnson Central...........Johnson Central

Valley def Betsy Layne..............Valley

Lawrence Co. def Phelps...........Lawrence Co.

Pburg def Pike Central..............Pburg..........................Pburg

Calling the upset! I am not going to pick a winner because if JCHS does not upset Valley, Valley will win the 15th Region. But if not I think it will be Pburg vs JCHS to play in the finals and then who knows what will happen JCHS comes off a big emotional win and gets upset by underdog Pbrug or Lawrence Co.! Good luck to all teams!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Looks similar to mine, but I'll take my Blackcats over LC in the semi's. Just wasn't impressed when the two met up a few weeks ago, because Pburg was without Burchett and was without Gearheart for most of the game and still just about beat LC.

outdoorsman43 Wrote:I think it will be a Valley/Prestonsburg championship game with Valley winning in impressive fashion on their way to state.

I still think Lawrence would beat P-Burg in a potential matchup. I would still say JC is the #2 team left in region, with Lawrence #3 and P-Burg #4.

Johnson Central
Shelby Valley
------------------------------CHAMPION-----------------------------------------Shelby Valley
Lawrence County

Nifty way of making the bracket BCA...The outcomes look right to me.
Congrats To The Cats And Coach Jack Pack.
considering that belfry just beat pikeville i wouldn't put it past them that they can't beat jchs. and i definitely don't see anyone beating valley. they are just too stacked and jchs don't have the size or quickness and valley is clicking on all cylinders right now.
Lawrence and Shelby Valley in the finals. I've watched P'burg and Lawrence play and they are both good teams but I think Lawrence has a slight edge. If there are upsets, I think Johnson Central under the right conditions could upset Valley, but all the stars would have to been in line. In the first round there always in an upset.........if there is, my pick would be Phelps. I know, both by finals two teams are my upset.................but that's why the call them upsets.
Valley comes out of the top, LC out of the bottom, Valley is your 15th region champs.
I see Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg being in the championship! Prestonsburg didn't have Burchett when they last played Lawrence co. and came of a 4 pt margin to win! But in the end I do see Shelby Valley being the 15th Region Champs!

Prove me wrong Blackcats!
Im for Valley
does anyone have times of games
I predict that it will be Shelby Valley vs. Prestonsburg in the big finale.

Valley is an outstanding team. Justice coordinates the team, evoking such flawless play in his teammates that it almost seems like they are one person. I'm looking for Patrick to play some excellent defense and bring a few key blocks to the table that will change the tempo.

I'll go with Prestonsburg by 1.

Here's to praying for the upset! GO BLACKCATS!
I think it will be Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley in the championship game, but I do think the Wildcats will have to fight hard to get by Johnson Central in the semis! Valley will win over the Black Cats and move on to Rupp!
EKY_Soccer_Fanatic Wrote:I see Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg being in the championship! Prestonsburg didn't have Burchett when they last played Lawrence co. and came of a 4 pt margin to win! But in the end I do see Shelby Valley being the 15th Region Champs!

Prove me wrong Blackcats!

Prestonsburg was also without Gearheart and Setser when they faced the Bulldogs the last time.
Gonna be a great tourny this year!
blackcat Wrote:Prestonsburg was also without Gearheart and Setser when they faced the Bulldogs the last time.

Great point! Burchett, Setser, and Gearheart all were out for the LC game and now there all healthy and the Blackcats are playing better than they have played all season! There on a 4 game winning streak with wins over Paintsville, Belfry, South Floyd, and Betsy Layne! Takett and Patrick are playing great Patrick had 21 vs BL in the championship game and Tackett has had 20+ in 3 of those 4 game with the exception being BL! So I think alot of people are over looking just what the Blackcats are doing!
:rockon:
dont forget about stumbo who played a major role in this weeks games.

if they play like they did against bl they well go to the finals against sv
then its valley to rupp. but what a year for the blackcats and coach pack

HAIL BLACKCATS!!!

Johnson Central
Shelby Valley
Lawrence County

Looks right to me....:Thumbs: It's definitely Valleys to lose...
game times anyone ?
someone post a schedule please
The guys will play on Wednesday and Thursday........I assume the finals will be Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday
Valley and LC in the finals with Valley bringin it home
Shelby Valley will win the Region very easily the will have no trouble with any team other than Johnson Central if the even meet...
JC and LC in final with JC winning!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Valley comes out of the top, LC out of the bottom, Valley is your 15th region champs.

I agree!! :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2