Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wolfe Co. 70 - Breathitt Co. 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great game!!
I'm glad i didnt go now. Can't believe we let wolf county beat us.
Looks like a great game
Congrats Wolves. Looks as if it was a good game.
What a great game to listen to.
Congrats wolfe county. it was a great game.!
That gym felt like it was 150 degrees.
Any word on when they will fire Noble? LOL
What was Breathitts record this year?
JOBAKKA Wrote:What was Breathitts record this year?

Below .500 for sure.
ttt
Wolfe Co. 70 Breathitt Co. 68

Breathitt Co. 7 24 19 18 68

Wolfe Co. 13 23 20 14 70

55th District at Wolfe Co.
Breathitt Co. (12-15) -- Terry 9, Haddix 15, Congleton 6, Ritchie 15, Taulbee 12, Moore 2, Fletcher 11.
Wolfe Co. (13-13) -- Campbell 8, D. Hayes 21, Terrill 20, Lutes 4, Graham 2, Denninston 10, Creech 3, P. Hayes 2.

Fugate didn't score a point? What's up?
ARC Wrote:Wolfe Co. 70 Breathitt Co. 68

Breathitt Co. 7 24 19 18 68

Wolfe Co. 13 23 20 14 70

55th District at Wolfe Co.
Breathitt Co. (12-15) -- Terry 9, Haddix 15, Congleton 6, Ritchie 15, Taulbee 12, Moore 2, Fletcher 11.
Wolfe Co. (13-13) -- Campbell 8, D. Hayes 21, Terrill 20, Lutes 4, Graham 2, Denninston 10, Creech 3, P. Hayes 2.

Fugate didn't score a point? What's up?
Good defense by Campbell:Clap:
Congrats Wolfe!
Congrats Wolf!!
Congrats Wolfe.
Wolfe county led most of the game and just seemed to want the win more than Breathitt. Near the end of the game the Wolves looked tired and Breathitt came back to tie. Terrill scorred and Breathitt didn't have time to set up a decent shot.
I think with his preformance toight Terrill showed everybody that he deserves to be one of the top players in this region.
KoJack Wrote:Any word on when they will fire Noble? LOL

Are the Breathitt countians not happy with Coach Noble? I know the Owsley Co fans are not happy with him leaving them hanging after only one year at the helm of the Owls.

Did his nephew Nick get hurt this year? Looks like he's missed his last two years of playing HS ball.
goodguy Wrote:Are the Breathitt countians not happy with Coach Noble? I know the Owsley Co fans are not happy with him leaving them hanging after only one year at the helm of the Owls.

Did his nephew Nick get hurt this year? Looks like he's missed his last two years of playing HS ball.

I've heard that Nick was out early in the season with a foot/ankle injury. He also injured his hand/wrist later in the season, so has only played a few minutes this entire year. Its really a shame, because I think that Nick is one of the better true point guards in the region, and as a freshmen was every bit as good as Tate Cox. High basketball iq and very competitive. Being sidelined for two consecutive years is tragic.
could anybody enlighten me about the scuffle in the 1st half idk but i heard there was fists thrown and i always thought those were automatic ejections
the 1 the only Wrote:could anybody enlighten me about the scuffle in the 1st half idk but i heard there was fists thrown and i always thought those were automatic ejections

???
Congrats Wolfe Co.
I picked this one! Congrats Wolfe!
no there was no fist thrown a couple of players from both temas was just playin there a** off and was goin after the ball
the 1 the only Wrote:could anybody enlighten me about the scuffle in the 1st half idk but i heard there was fists thrown and i always thought those were automatic ejections

no there was a couple players from both teams going after a loose ball thats it great hustle from both teams it was a great game you could tell wolfe wanted it way more than breathitt did they played there a** off the whole game...
If they wouldn't of had 3 old men for officials that couldn't keep up. It would of even been a better game than it was. They were calling stuff just to slow down the action because they couldn't keep up. Fugate got very frustrated at the defense being put on him and couldn't get a shot to fall and the officials kept him on the bench with fouls too. Looked like an all Wolfe County team of stripes to me. Don't know who picks the officals for these games, but seems like to me, that the 14th has a few better than what was sent to wolfe tonight.
I think Breathitt will still bounce back from this loss and knock one of the teams off in the region. Good luck to Coach Noble and the Bobcats in Powell next week.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:If they wouldn't of had 3 old men for officials that couldn't keep up. It would of even been a better game than it was. They were calling stuff just to slow down the action because they couldn't keep up. Fugate got very frustrated at the defense being put on him and couldn't get a shot to fall and the officials kept him on the bench with fouls too. Looked like an all Wolfe County team of stripes to me. Don't know who picks the officals for these games, but seems like to me, that the 14th has a few better than what was sent to wolfe tonight.
I think Breathitt will still bounce back from this loss and knock one of the teams off in the region. Good luck to Coach Noble and the Bobcats in Powell next week.

A little sour grapes guru? I certainly didn't see the game the way you did. I saw Breathitt get called for fouls because they fouled a lot! They should probably have been called for more but toward the end the refs chose not to make several obvious calls ; maybe to avoid fouling out the Breathitt players? Wolfe was too quick and Breathitt got caught out of position all night which led them to reach and hack. I did see Campbell (wolfe) get called for 2 very questionable fouls (and foul out) at the end. I also saw Breathitt players camp in the lane all night, get away with a ton of walks and on 2 occasions what may have been possible swings at Wolfe players (don't know if there was actually any contact).
Having said all that I do recognize that as a Wolfe fan I no doubt saw things (both good and bad) differently than would a Breathitt fan.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:If they wouldn't of had 3 old men for officials that couldn't keep up. It would of even been a better game than it was. They were calling stuff just to slow down the action because they couldn't keep up. Fugate got very frustrated at the defense being put on him and couldn't get a shot to fall and the officials kept him on the bench with fouls too. Looked like an all Wolfe County team of stripes to me. Don't know who picks the officals for these games, but seems like to me, that the 14th has a few better than what was sent to wolfe tonight.

who was this wolfe co team wearing stripes? as in who were the officals
mountaindo Wrote:A little sour grapes guru? I certainly didn't see the game the way you did. I saw Breathitt get called for fouls because they fouled a lot! They should probably have been called for more but toward the end the refs chose not to make several obvious calls ; maybe to avoid fouling out the Breathitt players? Wolfe was too quick and Breathitt got caught out of position all night which led them to reach and hack. I did see Campbell (wolfe) get called for 2 very questionable fouls (and foul out) at the end. I also saw Breathitt players camp in the lane all night, get away with a ton of walks and on 2 occasions what may have been possible swings at Wolfe players (don't know if there was actually any contact).
Having said all that I do recognize that as a Wolfe fan I no doubt saw things (both good and bad) differently than would a Breathitt fan.

i agree wolfe was to fast for breathitt and could not keep up with them but it was not decided by the officials but who wanted it more and you could tell that wolfe did bottom line great effort to both teams but wolfe out hustled them i think breathitt let there guard down and thought they was goin to come in and win without a fight but it end up being a battle to the end....great game both teams and goodluck to both in region
Pages: 1 2