Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee Co. 59 - Estill Co. 57 (OT) 56th District Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Estill County. Lee County defeats Estill 59-57 to win the 56th District Championship. Lee had control of the game til late in the 3rd when Estill started making a run then it goes into overtime and it goes back & forth until lee comes out on top; Congrats Bobcats.
Congrats Lee Co.
Sounds like it was a great game
Congrats Lee
Congrats LC, sounds like a great game.
Looks like it was a crazy game!!

Congrats Lee!
The best game I have seen in quite awhile. Both teams left everything on the floor. Both teams showed true class and sportsmanship and I am glad I got to watch such a great game. Tip my hat to both teams,coaches and fans. Best of luck to Both schools in the region at Powell. I just hope we never see Roy Spencer again
Lee Co. 59 Estill Co. 57 (OT)

Lee Co. 15 12 13 7 12 59

Estill Co. 6 9 16 16 10 57

56th District at Estill Co.
Lee Co. (14-11) -- Charles 25, Campbell 15, Pelfrey 12, Wise 2, Pittman 5.
Estill Co. (13-15) -- Cackling 25, Hoover 15, Crow 2, Walling 3, Wiseman 10, Singleton 10.

Lee played well the first half, Pelphrey fouled out in the 4th. Lots of walks called on both sides - the most 'walks' I've ever saw called in a high school game. Referee who called most was Roy? Spencer. I don't mind saying that I think that he did a terrible job.

Lee's Charles took control in the last period and was the Tournament MVP. Lee's Dontarius Pittman received the 'Best Defender' award.
In overtime it got down to Charles v/s Cackling. Both hit big shots and made the plays for thier team. Two of the best players around no doubt. Campbell shot an air ball and Estill crowd ler him have it, then he never missed another shot the rest of the game. He didn't let it get in his head.
JOBAKKA Wrote:The best game I have seen in quite awhile. Both teams left everything on the floor. Both teams showed true class and sportsmanship and I am glad I got to watch such a great game. Tip my hat to both teams,coaches and fans. Best of luck to Both schools in the region at Powell. I just hope we never see Roy Spencer again

You are so right this was a great game in a full house at Estill Co. I just want to say great job Coach Tiller you have made Estill co basketball fun to watch and it gets better ever year so keep up the good work and lets go to Powell next and make a great showing.
Cambell played great he come up big when Lee was a little flat made some big shots. By the way i want to thank lee co fans for there concerns for agreat kid Kenton Roberts we sure miss watching him play.
congrats to both teams for a tremendous game. Estill came up a little short but thats ok bc were still going to the region. Congrats to the Bobcats. gotta give it to Estill and Lee for such a great game and such a class act. these 2 teams have such respect for each other unlike Powell County who seems not to have any respect or anything for no one and Owsley County who thinks Estill "screwed" them in the boys game and in the girls district championship which we did not there (you all Owsley) r just a bunch of sore losers who cant take a lose
ttt
Only 1 kid from Estill co. claped for any of the Lee co. team during trophy presentation.
were are you coming did you not see them hug each other after the game thses guys get along great if they did not clap it was not because they were mad they just played a very hard game so dont this kind of **** aftere a great game.
amen
One of the best and exciting games I've seen in a while.

Okay guys, represent the 56th well in Stanton next week. :Thumbs:
JOBAKKA Wrote:amen

thanks I posted yesterday that this would be a barnburner that anytime these schools played you would get your $500 worth does anyone think they got cheated on the $500 charge was this not just a great game?
CONGRATULATIONS BOBCATS!!!!
And also, I want to say thank you to both teams for putting on a stellar performance. These two teams are great to watch and it was worth $1,000.00 .... definitely one of the best games I've seen all season long!!!!

I'm proud of the Bobcats. Great coaching job. Thank you Coach Wright for bringing pride back to Lee Co. Basketball and Congratulations on your 100th win.

I want to wish both teams best of luck in the Regional tournament. It's a farfetched fantasy, but how awesome would it be to have a rematch in the Regional finals?!? These boys are all outstanding gentleman (on both teams) and I look forward to seeing them represent the 56th District in Regional Tournament Play.
southpaw Wrote:Only 1 kid from Estill co. claped for any of the Lee co. team during trophy presentation.
That's not a big issue. Both these teams played hard and wanted this championship. It takes some time to let the hurt go away after a tough loss. They probably didn't feel much like "clapping" at that moment. But that's not being disrespectful.
What do you think about how wel these kids handle the presure on such a big stage? i have to thank that the 2 coaching staffs did a great job getting for this game
I don't get who the heck watches to see who claps for who? I always think comments like those are silly and are meant to do nothing other than stir trouble. These players have mad respect for one another, as well they should, especially after tonights game. Either team could have won tonight and both teams deserved to win! (I'm glad my team was on top, but I have to say, either way, both sides put out every ounce of fight they had on the floor!) Neither side has anything to be ashamed of!
LeeCoBobcatfan Wrote:I don't get who the heck watches to see who claps for who? I always think comments like those are silly and are meant to do nothing other than stir trouble. These players have mad respect for one another, as well they should, especially after tonights game. Either team could have won tonight and both teams deserved to win! (I'm glad my team was on top, but I have to say, either way, both sides put out every ounce of fight they had on the floor!) Neither side has anything to be ashamed of!
Well stated. :Thumbs:
Congrats Lee Co.
LeeCoBobcatfan Wrote:I don't get who the heck watches to see who claps for who? I always think comments like those are silly and are meant to do nothing other than stir trouble. These players have mad respect for one another, as well they should, especially after tonights game. Either team could have won tonight and both teams deserved to win! (I'm glad my team was on top, but I have to say, either way, both sides put out every ounce of fight they had on the floor!) Neither side has anything to be ashamed of!

Couldn't Agree More... Loved Every Minute Of This Game...Would Have Loved It Even More If Estill Had Won, But It Was An AMAZING Game To Watch...Congrats To Lee On The Win Though.
If Arron had not make those blocks in OT we would of lost.
I missed parts of the overtime, as I was running back and forth outside and to the gym. Between the anxiety and the incredible heat in the gym, I caught glimpses. It was such a great environment. I was glad to see the student sections on both sides. I think that is one of the parts I enjoy the most, aside from watching the boys play, seeing the kids get involved!

Thanks to Estill for recognizing the 'Cat's wearing pink; and for joining in! As the announcer said, we may be rivals but we are not enemies. You'll see alot of your Lee "rivals" cheering you on in Regionals.
Definitely sounds like it was a fantastic game! Congratulations.
Congrats Lee Co.
Thought everyone in the place made this one of the best games in the 56th in a long time. The fans made it a great atmosphere, the coaches done a great job preparing their teams, and the officials done a great job letting the kids decide the game. Both of these teams are playing their best ball right now and have a good shot to knock off one of the big 4. Good luck to both teams on the draw tomorrow and hope we are in for some more amazing games next week too.
Pages: 1 2