Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you get to be #1 ref in the region?
There is a grading system that includes input from coaches as well as KHSAA reviews. Each Officiating District is required to observe a required amount of games and perform evaluations.
thanks
ky wildcats Wrote:Do you get to be #1 ref in the region?

I guess which one gets blasted the least on BGRConfusedhh: :biggrin: Gotta luv it!
Stardust Wrote:There is a grading system that includes input from coaches as well as KHSAA reviews. Each Officiating District is required to observe a required amount of games and perform evaluations.

What he said. I do believe the coaches have 80% say with the school's athletic director having the other 20%. Then those rankings get viewed with other coaches to determine which refs are calling fair games and those get hired on for more games. I imagine that the question you are asking goes along the same guidelines.
thetribe Wrote:What he said. I do believe the coaches have 80% say with the school's athletic director having the other 20%. Then those rankings get viewed with other coaches to determine which refs are calling fair games and those get hired on for more games. I imagine that the question you are asking goes along the same guidelines.

Officials do not answer to no one except KHSAA....They should have to sit down and watch their games on film.How many officials KNOW WHAT A CHARGE IS????Not many.Coaches do tell their input on officials,but it does not help to rate them.
sportfan Wrote:Officials do not answer to no one except KHSAA....They should have to sit down and watch their games on film.How many officials KNOW WHAT A CHARGE IS????Not many.Coaches do tell their input on officials,but it does not help to rate them.

Very good
No one thus far is right, some are close!!

Coaches get rated toward the end of the year by all coaches who wish to rate them unless you scratched an official(you may not rate them, but they can not call your games). The coaches votes are an average and counts as 80% of the officials rating, the other 20% comes from the assigning secretary and those are added together to give you a score. Also, each official that does post season must have done a minimum of 10 games on the varsity level for boys to call boys post season, and 10 games at varsity level for girls to call girls post season. They also must have passed a test on situations and rules to qualify for post season, which did keep some from calling post season.

On the game films, officials do watch these to try to get better, and if a coach thinks an official "had it in for them " then they send the films to the assingning secretary for review. Most of the time when game films are sent in, there are reasons that the coach is coaching and not officiating.
lcalum Wrote:No one thus far is right, some are close!!

Coaches get rated toward the end of the year by all coaches who wish to rate them unless you scratched an official(you may not rate them, but they can not call your games). The coaches votes are an average and counts as 80% of the officials rating, the other 20% comes from the assigning secretary and those are added together to give you a score. Also, each official that does post season must have done a minimum of 10 games on the varsity level for boys to call boys post season, and 10 games at varsity level for girls to call girls post season. They also must have passed a test on situations and rules to qualify for post season, which did keep some from calling post season.

On the game films, officials do watch these to try to get better, and if a coach thinks an official "had it in for them " then they send the films to the assingning secretary for review. Most of the time when game films are sent in, there are reasons that the coach is coaching and not officiating.

This may be the OFFICIAL WAY it is done, BUT, from what I hear, the only way to get to the top is by LOTS AND LOTS OF BUTT KISSING and MAJOR POLITICS! You only get to go if you can give back something to the persons involved in sending you, plain and simple. :worthy:
They are voted on I was thinking... May could be wrong
mountain hoops guru Wrote:This may be the OFFICIAL WAY it is done, BUT, from what I hear, the only way to get to the top is by LOTS AND LOTS OF BUTT KISSING and MAJOR POLITICS! You only get to go if you can give back something to the persons involved in sending you, plain and simple. :worthy:

Not done that way in the 16th region!!!