Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KHSBCA Preseason Top 50 Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
List of the KY High School Baseball Coaches Association, Preseason Top 50 Players for 2009.

2009 Preseason Top 50 Players
Player School
Chase Adkins Ashland
Chris Berry Trinity
Brandon Boling Byran Station
Michael Buschman Henry Clay
Jarred Clarkson Shelby County
Chance Clifton Franklin Co.
Eric Craft Greenup Co.
Logan Dailey Harrison Co.
Brian Doering Manual
Chase Downing Daviess Co.
Ty Downing Greenwood
Tyler Dunaway Eastern
Brandon Eggenschwiler Dunbar
Jeff Embree Danville
John Fidanza Ballard
Neil Fogle Apollo
Cody Forsythe Marshall Co.
Drew Freeman Estill Co.
Cody Gibson PRP
Trevor Gott Tates Creek
Spencer Greer Bell Co.
Caleb Hanes Bowling Green
Trey Harper PRP
Logan Jackson Tates Creek
Tyler Jackson East Carter
Mark Kelly Newport Central Catholic
Sam Kidd Ohio County
Ben Lady Eastern
Corey Littrell Trinity
Billy Logan Greenup Co.
Austin Lyons Paintsville
Luke Maile Covington Catholic
Jared Martin Jr. Harrison Co.
Curtis McCombs Ballard
Davey Murphy Owensboro
Brandon Napier Perry Central
Tanner Perkins Rockcastle County
Gabe Pirtie Henderson Co.
Jordan Queen Western Hills
JT Riddle Western Hills
Zach Riney Elizabethtown
T.J. Searcy Hazard
Cory Sewell Corbin
Chandler Shepherd Lawrence Co.
A.J. Smith Beechwood
Cole Sturgeon Owensboro Catholic
Jeremy Turpin Anderson Co.
Bradley Vanderglas Greenwood
Arron Watts McCreary Co.
Jordan Williams Christian Co

http://www.khsbca.com/
Where is Mike Conley from Johnson Central?
Stardust Wrote:List of the KY High School Baseball Coaches Association, Preseason Top 50 Players for 2009.

2009 Preseason Top 50 Players
Player School
Chase Adkins Ashland
Chris Berry Trinity
Brandon Boling Byran Station
Michael Buschman Henry Clay
Jarred Clarkson Shelby County
Chance Clifton Franklin Co.
Eric Craft Greenup Co.
Logan Dailey Harrison Co.
Brian Doering Manual
Chase Downing Daviess Co.
Ty Downing Greenwood
Tyler Dunaway Eastern
Brandon Eggenschwiler Dunbar
Jeff Embree Danville
John Fidanza Ballard
Neil Fogle Apollo
Cody Forsythe Marshall Co.
Drew Freeman Estill Co.
Cody Gibson PRP
Trevor Gott Tates Creek
Spencer Greer Bell Co.
Caleb Hanes Bowling Green
Trey Harper PRP
Logan Jackson Tates Creek
Tyler Jackson East Carter
Mark Kelly Newport Central Catholic
Sam Kidd Ohio County
Ben Lady Eastern
Corey Littrell Trinity
Billy Logan Greenup Co.
Austin Lyons Paintsville
Luke Maile Covington Catholic
Jared Martin Jr. Harrison Co.
Curtis McCombs Ballard
Davey Murphy Owensboro
Brandon Napier Perry Central
Tanner Perkins Rockcastle County
Gabe Pirtie Henderson Co.
Jordan Queen Western Hills
JT Riddle Western Hills
Zach Riney Elizabethtown
T.J. Searcy Hazard
Cory Sewell Corbin
Chandler Shepherd Lawrence Co.
A.J. Smith Beechwood
Cole Sturgeon Owensboro Catholic
Jeremy Turpin Anderson Co.
Bradley Vanderglas Greenwood
Arron Watts McCreary Co.
Jordan Williams Christian Co

http://www.khsbca.com/
Brett Pittman from mboro not even in the top 50? :lmao: 4 year starter: pitched against the likes of Trey Smith, and Jacob Scalf. He gave them all they wanted and then some. last year mboro had 7 new starters. Pittman hadn't lost against Bell County until last year. what happened to Greer his freshman and sophomore year when Pittman pitched against him? mercy ruled him. Coach Powell will have the jackets ready this year. I was always curious why mboro never turned in stats to KHSBCA.
Austin Lyons but no Corey Adams?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Austin Lyons but no Corey Adams?

Agreed and no Daniel Harmon. Was this the top 50 pitchers or players, LOL?
Sounds like a parents who donate list.
kdrn Wrote:Sounds like a parents who donate list.

:dontthink :eyeroll:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Austin Lyons but no Corey Adams?

I was thinking the same thing. Not knocking Lyons, but the leading hitter for Paintsville the last two years and 3 year starter at catcher. Don't know who votes on this, but someone dropped the ball.
I think these are the players are the players that are the best TALENT in KY and in terms of progressing to the college level.

Sure some of the players mentioned may be good but they may not have the talent that some of these kids possess like speed, power, ptiching, control, quickness, defensive capabilities, etc.
what bout hunter jones from bellevue?
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:what bout hunter jones from bellevue?

The kid is very, very good and talented but I still think he needs another year. I've seen the kid play and he even got to play some on the 18 year old Midland Redskins (which is a National Organization known for D1 Prospects and MLB prospects). Next year will be his year.
Congrats to Austin!!! He is not only a great player but a wonderful young man.
kdrn Wrote:Sounds like a parents who donate list.

If I understand correctly, all you have to do to qualify is be nominated by a member. So you may have hit the nail on the head.
list is not very accurate for players in eastern KY and not voted on by our High School coaches in our area....Congrats to Austin...but there are at least 3 players that should be on there....
Daniel harmon and Corey Adams your 15th region east-west allstars last year as juniors....Mike conley from JCHS
However, most of the players on this list are accurate...
INSIGHT Wrote:list is not very accurate for players in eastern KY and not voted on by our High School coaches in our area....Congrats to Austin...but there are at least 3 players that should be on there....
Daniel harmon and Corey Adams your 15th region east-west allstars last year as juniors....Mike conley from JCHS

true.
INSIGHT Wrote:list is not very accurate for players in eastern KY and not voted on by our High School coaches in our area....Congrats to Austin...but there are at least 3 players that should be on there....

I agree with you and i think its pretty shady business that only Austin was mentioned.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Brett Pittman from mboro not even in the top 50? :lmao: 4 year starter: pitched against the likes of Trey Smith, and Jacob Scalf. He gave them all they wanted and then some. last year mboro had 7 new starters. Pittman hadn't lost against Bell County until last year. what happened to Greer his freshman and sophomore year when Pittman pitched against him? mercy ruled him. Coach Powell will have the jackets ready this year. I was always curious why mboro never turned in stats to KHSBCA.

Quit being so biased. But i can agree with you in a sence. I dont like only two players from the 13th.
Next year will be here is year, yes, but hes still a top 50 player.
the dark wizard Wrote:Quit being so biased. But i can agree with you in a sence. I dont like only two players from the 13th.
I'm not being biased I'm just stating facts. He's not only a great pitcher, his stick gets over-looked, a 350 avg. , 50 RBI's, and an unreal OBP of 700% also good hands. You for one being from Knox Central should know that first hand. Sure there are other good players in the region, but I've seen a decline in competition in the 13th region. If you can throw mid 80's you can nearly over power most hitters. Some other players to watch out for is of course Greer, but he throws mostly straight fast balls. His pitch has very little movement, but he is a good player. And another player to watch out for is Jake Partin, from Mboro. Bell has a slew of seniors that makes them dangerous.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:I'm not being biased I'm just stating facts. He's not only a great pitcher, his stick gets over-looked, a 350 avg. , 50 RBI's, and an unreal OBP of 700% also good hands. You for one being from Knox Central should know that first hand. Sure there are other good players in the region, but I've seen a decline in competition in the 13th region. If you can throw mid 80's you can nearly over power most hitters. Some other players to watch out for is of course Greer, but he throws mostly straight fast balls. His pitch has very little movement, but he is a good player. And another player to watch out for is Jake Partin, from Mboro. Bell has a slew of seniors that makes them dangerous.

Greer is fine in the 13th region but what happened when he went outside the region in the sectionals? Didn't even make it past the first inning!

50 RBI's?? Do you think thats a tad bit of an exaggeration?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I agree with you and i think its pretty shady business that only Austin was mentioned.

well im sure his performance at the all a had something to do with this i heard he played very well down there
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:I'm not being biased I'm just stating facts. He's not only a great pitcher, his stick gets over-looked, a 350 avg. , 50 RBI's, and an unreal OBP of 700% also good hands. You for one being from Knox Central should know that first hand. Sure there are other good players in the region, but I've seen a decline in competition in the 13th region. If you can throw mid 80's you can nearly over power most hitters. Some other players to watch out for is of course Greer, but he throws mostly straight fast balls. His pitch has very little movement, but he is a good player. And another player to watch out for is Jake Partin, from Mboro. Bell has a slew of seniors that makes them dangerous.

yes i agree i support the panthers.. The numbers are there for him. But the ba could grow. Last year Kc had a freshman at one time hitting 370 and 8th grader hitting right at 350.
in eastern ky to be d1 you need to be hitting 415 not 350 pitching is sub par!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I agree with you and i think its pretty shady business that only Austin was mentioned.

You make it sound like something illegal took place. It's a list, simply a compiled list of talent. True there were names not on the list that should have been, Corey Adams, Mike Conley, Daniel Harmon to name a few, but don't dwell on who did make the list and make it sound like they don't belong on it.
Lefty Wrote:You make it sound like something illegal took place. It's a list, simply a compiled list of talent. True there were names not on the list that should have been, Corey Adams, Mike Conley, Daniel Harmon to name a few, but don't dwell on who did make the list and make it sound like they don't belong on it.

nobody said he didnt belong on it, but in my opinion Corey should have made it before Austin, but I never said Austin shouldnt be on it.
IntheZone Wrote:in eastern ky to be d1 you need to be hitting 415 not 350 pitching is sub par!

:thanks: AGREED!!!
the dark wizard Wrote:yes i agree i support the panthers.. The numbers are there for him. But the ba could grow. Last year Kc had a freshman at one time hitting 370 and 8th grader hitting right at 350.
Who could grow Pittman? He's 6"0 feet n solid 225lbs. and yes he did have 50RBI'S last year Pittman and Jake Partin led the jackets,and yes he his DI prospect in my book.Its hard to focus on pitching n Hitting fielding.His batting AVG could be better but he gets walked a lot like i said his O.B.P is over 700.his avg as freshman n sophomore year was always 400avg or better,when 13 region had some pitching like trey smith,Jacob Scalf.I agree pitching is sub par in 13 region now.Most best hitters can't stand slow rainbow pitching and we seen a lot that last year.Hopefully we will see some better pitching this year in 13 region.i just wish Mboro would start turning stats in to KHSBCA:please: so i could prove all you critics wrong.
in eastern ky to be d1 you need to be hitting 415 not 350 pitching is sub par![/QUOTE]

Agreed but it must take more than that because corey adams has hit over .415 for three years in a row not to mention , he's a switch hitter and can't make the top 50 list so there must be other things going on....but as I said most of the list is accurate but not the Paintsville players..not by a long shot!!!!!!
I really can't believe that Corey Adams isn't on this list.
Jordan Miller from LC should be somewhere on this list. Maybe at the bottom but still he was the RBI leader on a very strong bulldog lineup last year and look for the same from him again this year.
Pages: 1 2