Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill 37 - Owsley 25 Final; 56th District Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Estill wins there 2nd District Championship in the past3 years. Congrats Lady Engineer!!!! Good Luck in the region. Turner for the Lady Owls fouled out with 5 minutes to go in the game
just like the boys:1: estill screwed owsley again our girls will still go farther in region than estills
no they did not, you cant win games when you cant put the ball in the basket, and thats what owsley did they couldnt make a basket, turner fouled out with 5 minutes to go
owlz #1 Wrote:just like the boys:1: estill screwed owsley again our girls will still go farther in region than estills

Wow...I'd Love To Know How Estill "Screwed" Owsley...I Wasn't At The Game...So Please Fill Me And Others Who Weren't There In...
Estill didnt screw Oswley. The Owls couldnt make the basket. the boys didnt screw owsley, owsley just couldnt keep up with the Engineers in the 2nd half of the boys game and they think that the lady owls will go farther than us. please. there just sore losers, they cant take a lose; April Hall 2009 56th District MVP
Congrats Estill!
Congrats Estill
Going farther is a bold statement. A loss in the district finals will put you playing a winner which will be between Breathitt, Leslie, Letcher Central. If Estill can draw Wolfe they could find themselves in the semi's of the region. Great job by the Estill staff on shutting the water off on the lady owls. When its march you can throw the records out. I've always noticed in the big games the rim seems to shrink. Maybe that's what happened to the Lady Owls.
Owsley Co. 3 5 9 8 25

Estill Co. 9 10 9 9 37

56th District at Estill Co.
Owsley Co. (18-10) -- Turner 4, Wright 8, Combs 8, S. Gilbert 3, Marshall 2.
Estill Co. (10-17) -- M. Minix 8, Hall 11, Alexander 2, A. Minix 8, Cole 8.
http://www.kentuckyc.om
owlz #1 Wrote:just like the boys:1: estill screwed owsley again our girls will still go farther in region than estills

how in the world did you come up with this how did Owsley boys get screwed? I dont understand how Estill screwed anyone, now how did Estill screwed the girls tonight i think your just mad because you lost both games please tell everone were and how you make this kind of ststement. please explane. you just got out played in both game your just s sore loser.but you can still tell us how you come up with this.
Very low scores! Must have been some good defense.

Congrats Estill!
This had to be one of the worst games I have ever seen. Estill packed in a zone, Owsley couldn't hit anything. 9-3 at the end of the first, I thought it would of been a much better game. Turner for Owsley was getting so frustrated she couldn't get a good shot in the paint, seemed like everytime she did there were 4 Engineers right with her, I believe this is why she committed such silly fouls out front where everyone could see, which made it impossible to be ignored. Owsley never could hit a shot and bring Estill out of the 2-3 zone so Estill never got tired and Owsley had to fight and scratch for every point they could get to go in. It was just one of those nights for the Lady Owls. They both get to go to the Region at Hazard though, wish them both good luck.
I heard owsley shot 15 percent
mountain hoops guru Wrote:This had to be one of the worst games I have ever seen. Estill packed in a zone, Owsley couldn't hit anything. 9-3 at the end of the first, I thought it would of been a much better game. Turner for Owsley was getting so frustrated she couldn't get a good shot in the paint, seemed like everytime she did there were 4 Engineers right with her, I believe this is why she committed such silly fouls out front where everyone could see, which made it impossible to be ignored. Owsley never could hit a shot and bring Estill out of the 2-3 zone so Estill never got tired and Owsley had to fight and scratch for every point they could get to go in. It was just one of those nights for the Lady Owls. They both get to go to the Region at Hazard though, wish them both good luck.
You've summed it up very well.

Estill played 2/3 zone, packed it in on Wright and Turner, and Owsley couldn't hit anything from the outside. And they got a lot of open looks. In many cases Estill was backing off and allowing them to shoot. They did, but couldn't make anything. If just a few of the 3's had fell it would have loosened the zone and open things up for Owsley, and although many shots were in the 'almost' category or hit the front of the rim, few went down. Just one of those nights.

Good luck to both teams in the region. I suppose Owsley's best draw will be the winner of the 54th district, Leslie, and Estill's would be the runnerup in the 55th, Wolfe.
:dontthink

Breathitt Co. 74 Owlsley County 36

Estill County 68 Wolfe County 62
good luck in the semi finals of region.