Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bishop Brossart 53 -Campbell Co. 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mustangs end the season for the Camels
Bishop Brossart 53 Campbell Co. 46

Bishop Brossart 10 5 13 25 53

Campbell Co. 8 9 17 12 46

37th District at Campbell Co.
Bishop Brossart (18-8) -- Patteson 4, Armstrong 13, Webb 7, Kremer 8, Rieger 19, Wolfer 2.
Campbell Co. (16-11) -- Jolly 21, Narl 1, Guyman 2, Smith 11, Albrecht 9, Frasen 2
Brossart pulls upset as coach beats brother

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...902260381/

Bishop Brossart's Mike Code finally has his first high school basketball coaching victory against his brother, and the Mustangs advanced to the 37th District final after rallying to upset rival Campbell County 53-46 in Wednesday's semifinals at Campbell County Middle School.

Brossart, 18-8 and ranked No. 13 in the Northern Kentucky coaches' poll, earned a berth in the 10th Region tournament, and plays Scott in Friday's 7 p.m. district championship game.

Jacob Rieger scored a team-high 19 points for Brossart, which outscored the Camels 25-12 during an intense fourth quarter.

Campbell County, ranked eighth locally, ended its season with a 16-11 record.

Code was 0-3 against Camels head coach Scott Code, who two years ago left his assistant's position at Brossart to take over the Campbell County boys' program.

"I'm laughing and all happy for our kids. ... I turn around and I can see Scott and the look on his face. It took some of the excitement out of it," Mike Code said. "But if there was a game where we needed to beat them, this was it. It probably makes up for the other three losses against them."

Brossart point guard Jordan Armstrong said there was more than just idle pregame chit-chat about helping their coach beat his brother for the first time.

Armstrong's free-throw shooting late in the game and Brossart's full-court pressure proved pivotal..........
Congrats Bishop Brossart!