Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 64 - Rose Hill 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Ashland will face Fairview for the 64th district title.
Nice job Ashland
Way to come through Tomcats! Didn't think Ashland would win this one the way they have been playing.
Congrats to the Tomcats.
Tough one to swallow for the Hill. Free throws were Ashland 37-Rose Hill 10.
Ashland Blazer 64 Rose Hill Christian 60

Rose Hill 16 12 19 13 60

Ashland Blazer 12 12 21 19 64

64th District at Ashland Blazer
Rose Hill (16-11) -- Gregg 10, Gambill 11, malloy 3, Terry 22, Kennedy 11, E. Parsons 3.
Ashland Blazer (15-13) -- Skaggs 12, Delaney 24, Whetsel 8, Bonner 16, Johnson 4.
Congrats Ashland.
Congrats Ashland!
Was anyone at the game on here i want to here your take on this one about the time out they gave Ashland and the walk at the end to make a 3 point play
I Was At The Game.
ky wildcats Wrote:Was anyone at the game on here i want to here your take on this one about the time out they gave Ashland and the walk at the end to make a 3 point play

The walk was no worse than alot of others that are'nt called, the time out was ridiculous , the ball was loose on the floor and there was a scramble going on for it. With that being said Rose Hill did not take advantage of their mismatches inside. The game was very winnable for the Hill. Bonner could only guard one of the three big guys for Rose Hill at a time. The rest of the time Ashland had guards on two kids who were 6'6 and 6'7.
They also should have used Gambill on Delaney, with his size Delaney would have had a tough time shooting over him.
Bonner DID have control of the ball when he called for the time out. And I agree that the walk wasnt necessary. With that being said the boys wanted to go out and win that game for Bonner, and get the team to regionals.

When Delaney is on, he is unstoppable. But I agree that Rose Hill should have played to their strengths which is their size. The hill has multiple people 6'0 and up, while Ashland has 1 starter that is bigger then 6'0 and a few JV players that are. Also the Hill played dirty which resulted in the crazy foul shooting by Ashland.
Congrats Ashland
Congrats Ashland.