Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 72 - Phelps 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Belfry pulls yet another shocking upset!!! Way to go Boys!
TongueirateSho Congrats Belfry!TongueirateSho
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Belfry.

Good luck against SV.
Big Grin Big Grin
Just as I predicted. Congrats Belfry
Congrats Belfry
I called this one, but not by this much.

Congrats Pirates and keep it up!
Surprised by this, but I guess I shouldn't be. If they could beat Pikeville the other night, there was no reason to think they couldn't beat Phelps too. Still, the 18-point margin surprises me.

Belfry has now knocked off a #2 seed and a #1 seed in succession. If they can win their next game, against THE #1 seed, then Belfry will have pulled off the upset of the decade.

Congrats Pirates.
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Pirates, rolling at the right time.
Once again.. Where are the Coach Casey haters now? What about that non-existent offense.
mrfootball03 Wrote:once again.. where at the Coach Casey haters now? what about that non-existent offense.

...amen
Belfry coming on at the right time! Congrats Pirates!
Just As I thought would happen...Phelps comes out strong in the beginning of the year....They always slow down at the end....EVERY YEAR........Kids can't get along....Ball hogs........Its pityful....Parents worry more about their kid getting the ball and shooting than winning the game.....
Congrats to you Belfry. Go get 'em Friday Night.
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Belfry,Good luck Friday
Congrats Pirates! Jermy Maynard had another awesome game, great job Jermy!TongueirateSho
donathanhurley Wrote:Congrats Belfry.

Good luck against SV.
Big Grin Big Grin

They'll need a lot more than luck to beat Valley.......lol
Belfry 72 Phelps 53

Belfry 21 22 14 15 72

Phelps 8 12 20 13 53

59th District at Pike Co. Central
Belfry (10-16) -- Elkins 22, Hairston 10, Dotson 2, Maynard 24, Coleman 8, Pinson 6.
Phelps (15-9) -- Stiltner 5, Hager 10, Smith 17, Maynard 3, Campbell 16, Gannon 2

http://www.kentucky.com/601/story/613193.html
Ballhandler Wrote:Just As I thought would happen...Phelps comes out strong in the beginning of the year....They always slow down at the end....EVERY YEAR........Kids can't get along....Ball hogs........Its pityful....Parents worry more about their kid getting the ball and shooting than winning the game.....

Phelps comes out strong because they play a cupcake schedule. I realize they did beat Belfry last year in the District Finals, but for the most part, Clay is just worried about beating up on Hurley, Big Creek, etc. He quit scheduling Mountain Mission once they could beat Phelps. That is simply why they aren't ready come tournament time. People get on here and talk about what a great coach he is, you have to be kidding me. Matewan didn't want him, Belfry didn't want him, Tug Valley didn't want him, Phelps didn't want him twice and the third time isn't the charm.
i know, right? Wrote:They'll need a lot more than luck to beat Valley.......lol

For real.
LOL.
catfanatic Wrote:Phelps comes out strong because they play a cupcake schedule. I realize they did beat Belfry last year in the District Finals, but for the most part, Clay is just worried about beating up on Hurley, Big Creek, etc. He quit scheduling Mountain Mission once they could beat Phelps. That is simply why they aren't ready come tournament time. People get on here and talk about what a great coach he is, you have to be kidding me. Matewan didn't want him, Belfry didn't want him, Tug Valley didn't want him, Phelps didn't want him twice and the third time isn't the charm.

phelps beat pikeville, pike central, and belfry at the first of the year.
Ballhandler Wrote:Just As I thought would happen...Phelps comes out strong in the beginning of the year....They always slow down at the end....EVERY YEAR........Kids can't get along....Ball hogs........Its pityful....Parents worry more about their kid getting the ball and shooting than winning the game.....

Yeah they REALLY slipped lasy year after winning the District Tournament last year against Belfry and losing to ER by 2 last year in region. LMAO.
Stiltner was sick, for Phelps but at 100%, they still would have lost.