Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 65 June Buchanan 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Score!!! Brittany Sexton was by far a better player than Hovee in this game...
Any details on the game was it a blow out from the get go or close for a while. Any stats Stardust?
Not even close at one point LCC was up by 30 points...
More of a blow out than what the score shows.
congrats Lady Cougars!!!!!
Congrats LCC.
Coach Adams pulled the press early. JBS pressed the last minutes to tighten the score.
bballfanlcc Wrote:Final Score!!! Brittany Sexton was by far a better player than Hovee in this game...

Brittany Sexton wouldnt have played that well either if she was double teamed every time down the floor, which is what LCC should have done and probably why this game is such a blow out.
Letcher Co. Central
Kincer 12
Sexton 17
Bays 6
Winn 6
Whitaker 8
Meade 6
Eldridge 3
Baker 10

June Buchanan
Hovee 11
Centers 2,
Slone 12
Short 13
Griffe 7
Congrats Letcher Central!
Congrats LC
Congrats LCC

I don't get why LCC pressed with their key players for the entire game though. they had the game won in the 3rd quarter cause JBS gave up, but I think LCC's coach should've let his bench players play more than 1 or 2 minutes. You have a alot of coaches around here though that think their Rick Pitino coaching the 96 Wildcats and all they want to do is PRESS, PRESS, PRESS. To me I think it was a lack of class to run up a score on JBS like they did and it's just not smart overall. Maybe they'll find another coach that can bring them a 14th Region Championship because they definitely got the girls to do it with.

Congrats LCC, you are a great team.
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:Congrats LCC

I don't get why LCC pressed with their key players for the entire game though. they had the game won in the 3rd quarter cause JBS gave up, but I think LCC's coach should've let his bench players play more than 1 or 2 minutes. You have a alot of coaches around here though that think their Rick Pitino coaching the 96 Wildcats and all they want to do is PRESS, PRESS, PRESS. To me I think it was a lack of class to run up a score on JBS like they did and it's just not smart overall. Maybe they'll find another coach that can bring them a 14th Region Championship because they definitely got the girls to do it with.

Do what? LCC stopped pressing in the middle of the 3rd quarter with bench players.

Did you watch the whole game? At the end of the third quarter, no pressing took place. When a losing team gives up they sub and Hays did not sub and would not had his scorekeeper mentioned it to him with seconds left in game. Hays did not show sportsmanship by failure to shake hands with the coaching staff after game and some of LCC's players.

I don't get why LCC pressed with their key players for the entire game though. they had the game won in the 3rd quarter cause JBS gave up, but I think LCC's coach should've let his bench players play more than 1 or 2 minutes. You have a lot of coaches around here though that think their Rick Pitino coaching the 96 Wildcats and all they want to do is PRESS, PRESS, PRESS. To me I think it was a lack of class to run up a score on JBS like they did and it's just not smart overall. Maybe they'll find another coach that can bring them a 14th Region Championship because they definitely got the girls to do it with.

Not a lack of class! If you can beat a team by 20 or 30 why not? you don't want to let them hang around and then get beat on a last second shot or by the whistle. Take no chances leave no doubt win by as many as possible its tournament time!!!!!!
I watched this game and think Coach Adams did a great job. For the person who said he ran the score up - were you there??? LCC could have won this game by 40 if Coach Adams had wanted to do so. As a matter of fact, JBS closed the score some in the 4th quarter because LCC was playing their middle school team against JBS starters. I have heard a lot of good things about JBS Hovee and she has excellent potential. She is very athletic, but she seemed to be having an attitude problem last night, probably due to the JBS coach who displayed poor sportsmanship in front of his players.:dontthink :dontthink :dontthink
I'm not a Letcher or JBS fan but this game was the worst called game I have ever seen. Two of the refs were fine but there was one there was horrible. They called the worst charge call ever.
Heard on the radio there was a Technical foul called on Coach Hayes for JBS, what in the world did he do? He usually doesn't say much, but I guess during the tourney, the blood may get flowing a little more than usual and he may of said something he shouldn't of.

I know they (JBS) have a very short bench, but when the game is over, I don't believe he should of left his starters in and pressed Letchers grade schoolers. If I was Coach Adams, I would of called a time out, put my starters back in and scored as many as I could and made him think about doing that next time. Totally uncalled for.
2/25/2009
Letcher Co. Central 65
June Buchanan 45
Letcher Co. Central 21 12 19 13 65

June Buchanan 6 10 4 25 45

53rd District at Knott Co. Central
Letcher Co. Central (25-4) -- Kincer 12, Sexton 17, Bays 6, Winn 3, Whitaker 8, Meade 6 Eldridge 3, Baker 10.
June Buchanan (15-11) -- Hovee 11, Centers 2, Slone 12, Short 13, Griffe 7
http://www.kentucky.com/
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Heard on the radio there was a Technical foul called on Coach Hayes for JBS, what in the world did he do? He usually doesn't say much, but I guess during the tourney, the blood may get flowing a little more than usual and he may of said something he shouldn't of.

I know they (JBS) have a very short bench, but when the game is over, I don't believe he should of left his starters in and pressed Letchers grade schoolers. If I was Coach Adams, I would of called a time out, put my starters back in and scored as many as I could and made him think about doing that next time. Totally uncalled for.

For the bad charge called against Hovee.

You don't punish the other players by what their coach does.
UKisN1 Wrote:Did you watch the whole game? At the end of the third quarter, no pressing took place. When a losing team gives up they sub and Hays did not sub and would not had his scorekeeper mentioned it to him with seconds left in game. Hays did not show sportsmanship by failure to shake hands with the coaching staff after game and some of LCC's players.

Coach Hayes even done this when he coached the grade school girls this season. He refused to shake hands with some of the players.
Hayes shook hands with the LCC staff, I sit right behind their bench and I watched him do so.
I also sat behind the bench and he shook hands with a couple of assistant coaches, but not Coach Adams. :popcorn:
Congrats LC