Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meehan back to Hazard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here we go again. Heard this at the Hazard/Buckhorn game tonight. Heard they were gonna try to get him eligable for baseball. And they probably will.
Why is he not eligible?
Commanche Wrote:Why is he not eligible?

He had moved to Lexington. Didnt know he was back. If he is back it will be a plus for Hazard.
If he lived in Lexington, why wouldn't he be eligible?
Big Plus for the Dawgs if its true.
Don't see how this could be possible. Just go where you want to go in any sport and play apparently whenever and wherever. Of course I don't know the circumstances either. Hate to see kids get knocked out of playing sports regardless.
He was at Hazard last season, moved to Lex due to mother getting a new job. Played football this season at Lex Christian and now transfers? I know he was told he would not be pitching at Lex. So he has moved back to Hazard? Who does he live with? Fishy...
meehan isnt back yet but i know the family personly and the kid didnt want to leave in the first place and the parents were trying to have better opportunities for him but the just couldnt stay their financially if it was up to him he would have never left. and im sure the bulldogs would are excited to have him back. but baseball had nothing to do with it because he was clocked a couple weeks ago at 91 so i think lca will be missing him a great deal
91? Can't wait to see him pitching for the reds then! HAHA......91.....lol
This is great for Hazard if he's eligible.
Is he a senior? I know that it killed their soul when the Meehan clan had their LCC attire on at HHS and the Dawgs prevailed without him. So, coming back to HHS, I think the KHSAA needs to look at this very hard. If this happens, the private schools can do this all the time and a player return to play a Spring sport from their former school. I have issue with this.
firechief Wrote:Is he a senior? I know that it killed their soul when the Meehan clan had their LCC attire on at HHS and the Dawgs prevailed without him. So, coming back to HHS, I think the KHSAA needs to look at this very hard. If this happens, the private schools can do this all the time and a player return to play a Spring sport from their former school. I have issue with this.

I think Meehan is just a Junior.
If he throws 91 then I am the pope! Wait, I am the pope but that kid throws no where near that hard. What a crock.
No Baseball coach will let a 90+ thrower go unless you cant hit the mitt. I have seen him throw he can find the mitt. Last year when we played Hazard he pitch low 80s at best. No I didnt have gun but I did have a stop watch.
kymom Wrote:No Baseball coach will let a 90+ thrower go unless you cant hit the mitt. I have seen him throw he can find the mitt. Last year when we played Hazard he pitch low 80s at best. No I didnt have gun but I did have a stop watch.

hahahaha! good one. I don't know much about the kid but he's a good pitcher for eastern kentucky not for Lexington. Who ever said their family is havin' money problems don't know what their talking about. no $$ issues with that family.
The mom got a job with the State last year. The job has been cut due to the budget trimming by Brashear.

No way he throws 91, if so LCA would not let him get away. Surprised Coach Raines let him get away.
Maybe he could not start for LCA and Dadddy decided to move him back to Hazard where he could start and play and go back to Applebees Park in the All "A" I believe that it's a crying shame that you play football at LCA and then when baseball comes and you're not good enough to start for LCA, then you up and transfer back to Hazard. Why should he be eligible?? Just pick a school and stay with hit, if you're not good enough to start, then work a little harder to get better, not depend on your daddy to move you back to the school that you left in the first place....
91? Im going to call complete bull crap on that.......id say he will be throwing in the low 80's if he gets eligible
I dont understand this whole situation really but it seems just like a big mess!
Why shouldn't he be allowed to play? His family moved back to Hazard permanently and he is attending HHS. This wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't a good player!!!
devilhorns05 Wrote:I dont understand this whole situation really but it seems just like a big mess!

I agree.
don't you understand. He moved back because his mom lost the job. yes he will be a huge asst to Hazard. We're glad he's back but his move back had nothing to do with baseball. Don't critcize the kid because he's a good player. circumstances beyond his control. 91 is possible.
What did his mom do for a living? Is she working up in Hazard? Is she drawing a check? I really doubt that LCA would let this kid go if he could get his fastball up in the 90's? Just seems to me that he was not good enough to make the cut in baseball at LCA and now he wants to return to Hazard where he is good enough to start... What next, he transfers back to LCA for football and then back to Hazard for baseball? Give me a freaking break people
Dawggie Wrote:91 is possible.

No it's not.
Navajo4life Wrote:What did his mom do for a living? Is she working up in Hazard? Is she drawing a check? I really doubt that LCA would let this kid go if he could get his fastball up in the 90's? Just seems to me that he was not good enough to make the cut in baseball at LCA and now he wants to return to Hazard where he is good enough to start... What next, he transfers back to LCA for football and then back to Hazard for baseball? Give me a freaking break people

Don't get so personal, he will not be your PCC team too bad.:yikes:
With Meehan and Martin (if he plays), Hazard will one of the heavy favorites to win region along with Estill and Perry.
I definately dont see Joey throwing 91, 81 I think is a much better number for him.

The only problem I have with this is where he played Varsity Football at LCA, I think it is a little crazy that he can play 2 varsity sports for 2 different schools in the same school year. I do understand that the situation is out of his hands, but I think him doing this looks bad for the KHSAA, making it appear that people with a little extra cash in their pocket can get their way with the board of control.

Let me make myself clear, I do not think that the KHSAA is favoring students for the amount of money their parents happen to have, but I do believe that if Joey plays baseball for Hazard it will certaintly appear this way.
That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. His family does not have money. Get real!
Yea they do. Seriously, you know as well as I do that they are not lacking cash.
Does it really matter if the family has money or not? I agree that kids shouldnt be able to move around everywhere to play different sports but hes was in Lexington and now in Hazard,that is over 200 miles apart so its all legal.Its not like he played football for PCC and now trying to play baseball for Hazard. The kid played in Lexington, from my understanding to be eligible all you need is a change of adderess well he moved locations Lex-Haz so I dont see a problem here. Whatever the KHSAA decides im sure it will be the right thing.
Pages: 1 2