Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: OL/DL name the 3 most dominating you have ever watched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The skill players get enough attention. Lets give the big boys that dont get much glory a little luv.
Randall Cobb- Leslie Co. High School '91-'94
Jeremy Caudill- Prestonsburg
Brad Durham- Rockcastle Co.
I got 2: Vic Adams from Middlesboro around 1985. We played them to a triple overtime loss at Middlesboro in 1985, and Vic was an absolute manchild. He had his own entourage in HS. Shame his career at UK got derailed.

Sam Robey from Trinity year before last. Overtime victory over ST. X in the state championship game. Nobody from St. X could block him at all. Really wish UK could have signed him. Maybe the quickest and fastest DL at his size I have seen in a long time.
I Rule The World Wrote:Randall Cobb- Leslie Co. High School '91-'94

My brother played quarterback at Whitesburg High School and in a game at Prestonsburg his sophomore year Jeremy Caudill nailed him from his blind side :lmao: I always give him a hard time about it because it's the hardest I had ever seen him get hit.
Brad Durham-Rock
J.C. Sullivan(played TE but we will call it OL)-Perry
Will Sandlin and Chase Fugate-PCC/Breathitt
Corey Peters.
Joe Scott
Mister Cobble.
Conner Smith of Cinti Colerain (05) and signed with Ohio State is by far the best offensive lineman I've ever seen. He was probably 6'5", weighed better than 275. He'd dominate his defensive line assignment and had the quickness and speed to go down field on Highlands secondary and block them. Most big offensive linemen that can dominate defensive linemen don't have the speed to get down field on the secondary and those that do often don't have the quickness to be able to maintain a block on smaller kids playing in the secondary. He did. Plus he had an aggressive attitude, which is something you generally don't see in big offensive linemen.
Two players immediately stood out to me:

DT Mister Cobble- Central
DE Dennis Johnson- Harrodsburg
The most dominate game by a DL player that I saw was Terryl Wadlington during the 07 State Final in 3A. He was a beast that game. Also caused and recovered the fumble that help seal the game for Louisville Central. Belfry was going in to score and take the lead with less than 5 minutes left.

His teammate Mister Cobble was a more dominate player but Wadlington had the best game by a D-lineman that I have saw.
Jason Leger
Jason Leger
Jason Leger
Tim Honaker-Pikeville
Jeff Roop-Pikeville
Marc May-Pikeville
I Rule The World Wrote:Randall Cobb- Leslie Co. High School '91-'94

Dont know about Durham or Caudill but I know "TEX" Cobb pretty good and he was a good player. Very strong player.

Joe Smith (1991) was one of the better DL thats ever played on Log Mountain. Very aggressive and showed what he was capable of against Cov. Cath. in 1991 had something like 4 solo sacks and a couple assist on other sacks that day.
I never got to see him but they tell me that Fugate was a very good DL at Breathitt Co. I think he coaches somewhere now.. not sure though.
abnerdday Wrote:Jason Leger
Jason Leger
Jason Leger

That list seems about right. Durham, the other big kid from Rock, was nowhere near his level, Durham was just a big body. Leger was absolutely a man amongst boys. Chaz Stradley from Corbin, Dane Spoelker (sp?) from Trinity and Stuart Hines from Bowling Green also come to mind.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:That list seems about right. Durham, the other big kid from Rock, was nowhere near his level, Durham was just a big body. Leger was absolutely a man amongst boys. Chaz Stradley from Corbin, Dane Spoelker (sp?) from Trinity and Stuart Hines from Bowling Green also come to mind.

Leger was one of my favorite UK players ever. A great example that mountain players can not only compete but be among the best in major college football.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Tim Honaker-Pikeville
Jeff Roop-Pikeville
Marc May-Pikeville

Great list! However, this is my take:
Offense: 1. Jeff Roop - RT
2. John Pinson - LG
3. Tim Honaker - RG

Defense: 1. Sean Neeley - RT
2. Chris McNamee - RDB
3. Tim Honaker - LT
Maybe in a few years, we can have some others to name to our list from the Pikeville great.: :Thumbs:
Jeff Roop-Pikeville
Marc May-Pikeville

:notworthy
Jeff Roop-Pikeville
Marc May-Pikeville

:notworthy :notworthy
John Radier was one heck of a lineman at Breathitt, along with Fugate and Sandlin.
:Thumbs:
charlie22 Wrote:Conner Smith of Cinti Colerain (05) and signed with Ohio State is by far the best offensive lineman I've ever seen. He :Thumbs: was probably 6'5", weighed better than 275. He'd dominate his defensive line assignment and had the quickness and speed to go down field on Highlands secondary and block them. Most big offensive linemen that can dominate defensive linemen don't have the speed to get down field on the secondary and those that do often don't have the quickness to be able to maintain a block on smaller kids playing in the secondary. He did. Plus he had an aggressive attitude, which is something you generally don't see in big offensive linemen.

Sounds like a great athlete.Would have been great to watch him play.
C.Clair Wrote:John Radier was one heck of a lineman at Breathitt, along with Fugate and Sandlin.

he wasnt even a lineman. he was a TE/LB. lol
mister cobble is just tops to anything i have seen.
Jeff Roop-Pikeville
Marc May-Pikeville

Good List.
C.Clair Wrote:John Radier was one heck of a lineman at Breathitt, along with Fugate and Sandlin.

John was a LB.........at Breathitt and UK.
Buster Ashley-Owensboro
Daniel Withrow-Bowling Green
Braxton Anderson-Franklin-Simpson

All three were dominant and were game changers and brought tons of success to thier programs.
Ryan Brown - DL Paintsville

Went on to play at James Madison University, won a national championship his sophomore year. Finished his college career at Pikeville College (left JMU cause they moved him to OL and wasn't gonna put him back on D). UK coach Guy Morris was all over him, Lancaster (recruitin coach) came to school and talked to him our junior year. We went to UK camp that summer, he made UK's OL recruits look stupid.
A kid who played at Henry Clay about 3-4 years ago..
George Massey(Cumberland)
Mister Cobble(Central)
Dennis Johnson(Harrodsburg) The greatest and most dominant player I have ever seen in high school sports..Any sport! He was All State as a 7th grader or 8th grader!
Big Five-0- Wrote:Great list! However, this is my take:
Offense: 1. Jeff Roop - RT
2. John Pinson - LG
3. Tim Honaker - RG

Defense: 1. Sean Neeley - RT
2. Chris McNamee - RDB
3. Tim Honaker - LT
Maybe in a few years, we can have some others to name to our list from the Pikeville great.: :Thumbs:

Tim Honaker was a middle linebacker on defense! Throw Bobby Deramus in there at Nose Guard and you may have something.
Bob Shurtleff from Pikeville would have to be on the list.
SportsKing Wrote:Tim Honaker was a middle linebacker on defense! Throw Bobby Deramus in there at Nose Guard and you may have something.

I thought Virgil Ray was MLB?
Pages: 1 2