Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Satanist inmate Lawsuit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BILLINGS, Mont. — A 35-year-old man imprisoned for drug possession has filed a $10 million federal lawsuit against Yellowstone County, alleging jailers interfered with his satanic religious practices while he was in jail. The lawsuit filed by Jason P. Indreland claims county jail staff took from him a religious medallion, denied him access to a "Satanic Bible or Book of Satanic Rituals" and ridiculed and punished him for his religious beliefs.
The suit alleges that Yellowstone County jail staff placed "Christian natured greeting cards under (his) cell door," that said "Jesus was ready to save and accept him."
Indreland is serving a three-year sentence at the Montana State Prison for felony drug possession. He was convicted after police found him with 15 grams of methamphetamine in March 2007.
County officials said they have not seen the lawsuit and could not comment.

Do you think his position is right. or do you think he shouldn't be able to practice satanism?

Source:http://billingsgazette.net/articles/2009...edevil.txt
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:BILLINGS, Mont. — A 35-year-old man imprisoned for drug possession has filed a $10 million federal lawsuit against Yellowstone County, alleging jailers interfered with his satanic religious practices while he was in jail. The lawsuit filed by Jason P. Indreland claims county jail staff took from him a religious medallion, denied him access to a "Satanic Bible or Book of Satanic Rituals" and ridiculed and punished him for his religious beliefs.
The suit alleges that Yellowstone County jail staff placed "Christian natured greeting cards under (his) cell door," that said "Jesus was ready to save and accept him."
Indreland is serving a three-year sentence at the Montana State Prison for felony drug possession. He was convicted after police found him with 15 grams of methamphetamine in March 2007.

Do you think his position is right. or do you think he shouldn't be able to practice satanism?

Inmates file lawsuits all the time. Nothing new. Sometimes they do it just to make time pass. He has a right to practice what ever religion he wants. The prisons also have a right to screen any books they find to be offensive or harmful. The lawsuit is rediculous. Just because someone makes fun of you does not give you the right to sue. There are several ways to file greivences. You don't have to sue for money. The fact that he asked for so much money discredits him to myself.
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:BILLINGS, Mont. — A 35-year-old man imprisoned for drug possession has filed a $10 million federal lawsuit against Yellowstone County, alleging jailers interfered with his satanic religious practices while he was in jail. The lawsuit filed by Jason P. Indreland claims county jail staff took from him a religious medallion, denied him access to a "Satanic Bible or Book of Satanic Rituals" and ridiculed and punished him for his religious beliefs.

I believe that since he disobeyed a law by possessing meth, than he sacrifices his rights, including the freedom to practice his own religion...JMO...
Jshort5 Wrote:I believe that since he disobeyed a law by possessing meth, than he sacrifices his rights, including the freedom to practice his own religion...JMO...

And, of course, since you transgressed "god's law," you have sacrificed your right to any mercy or grace or respect? Is that the pulpit from which you sound forth your judgment? If personnel of the jail tried to press their way into his head with greeting cards and such slipped under the cell door, they did violate rights, rights which the State cannot impede without just cause (security of staff, other inmates, the institution), whether those rights were sufficiently trampled on to justify a lawsuit, I don't know.
thecavemaster Wrote:And, of course, since you transgressed "god's law," you have sacrificed your right to any mercy or grace or respect? Is that the pulpit from which you sound forth your judgment? If personnel of the jail tried to press their way into his head with greeting cards and such slipped under the cell door, they did violate rights, rights which the State cannot impede without just cause (security of staff, other inmates, the institution), whether those rights were sufficiently trampled on to justify a lawsuit, I don't know.

Yes since we have sinned all of us have no right to any form of mercy or grace from God. God, however, because of his love for us and because of Jesus's death on the cross and ressurection, God gives us his grace and mercy.
i do agree that they should not have been slipping things under his door but i agree with Jshort5 that since he has committed a crime he does forfeit some of his rights.
Jshort5 Wrote:I believe that since he disobeyed a law by possessing meth, than he sacrifices his rights, including the freedom to practice his own religion...JMO...
Thats what they did in Lucasville, Ohio and you see where that got them. If you don't know google it because its important for you to know.
By law, I guess he can practice whatever religion he wishes. If he practices satanic religious practices, then I think he has bigger things to worry about that prison.
Let's send him to his savior!
Stardust Wrote:Let's send him to his savior!

I wouldnt want that for anybody
fanatic11 Wrote:I wouldnt want that for anybody
Thank you fanatic11!
DevilsWin Wrote:Thank you fanatic11!

your welcome but i dont think you understood what i meant. stardust said 'lets send him to his savior' which meant sending him to ****, and i would not wish that on any person. sry if you did understand me though.
I think he should have the right to the satanic bible maybe not the medallion because he could injur somebody with it. But i see no problem with him having a satanic bible just like i wouldn't see a problem with a christian having a Bible or a Muslim having an Qu'ran or a Jew having the Tankah...that's all i have to say..lol
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:I think he should have the right to the satanic bible maybe not the medallion because he could injur somebody with it. But i see no problem with him having a satanic bible just like i wouldn't see a problem with a christian having a Bible or a Muslim having an Qu'ran or a Jew having the Tankah...that's all i have to say..lol

I would agree with that. He is free to worship whatever he wishes, he has "Free-Will" to practice whatever religion he wishes. It's different than mine, but if it is right for him, so be it. I believe he will have his day in front of his saviour, he believes it as well :devilflam