Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thoughts on building a new UK basketball arena
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And the plans are to not tear down Rupp, but the arena would be scaled down to 7,000 seats, the shops moved to its level...the rest would be mostly a parking garage for the new arena
[quote=Stardust]The school administrators took a beg hit with the cost of the practice facilityquote]

Correction: The practice facility was paid for by whom it is named after...Joe Craft. UK did'nt pay for it.
Seems to me this is a LONG time coming. This should have been done years ago.
I hope they do build a new one because like someone said earlier, its a terrible place for sporting events. The seating sucks big time, the seats are too close together and no room for people to get by when they need to get up and go for food or whatever. I found that out at the Slipknot concert last week. I also agree they should put the real fans, the students and young people at midcourt and not behind the each end of the floor. Put the older people and alumni in those parts or somewhere like that, because all they do is sit there during games anyway, they are never up and cheering or anything like that. It needs to be more of an atmosphere like Duke and most other teams have, not one of geritols and geezers sitting there talking about when they walked miles in the fricking snow when they were kids, i get so tired of that stuff. Besides all that, it should be renamed because Rupp represents nothing but racism, everyone knows he was a bigot and didnt like african american players. UK needs to get away from that and move on to something bigger and better than Rupp ever was. I like the names that someone posted earlier of what the court should be named, but could do without the Rupp mentions in renaming the arena, leave him out of it. I could care less if he was the one that brought UK to prominance, thats in the past; Rick and Tubby has made it what it is today. Why not name it after the people that really make UK what it is, the fans?
Good job on getting the message that we need a new stadium.
Pages: 1 2