Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class of '08 who do you take? (Miller-UK, Mack-Butler, Hopson-UT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought this may make for good conversation?? I'll take Mack but thats just me.
Well Mack has played the best out of these 3 but I think if Miller gets some confidence like he had today then Miller would be the best...
Mack has been a stud
Mack has been solid this year for Butler. I didn't get to see him much while he was at Bryan Station. Hopson and Miller both impressed me last season. However, Miller just comes off as lazy to me. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but by watching him last year, and even some this seaosn, he just seems like he could be playing so much harder. Hopson just comes off as cocky if you ask me.

If you're aksing who would i pick out of high school, I would easily say Darius Miller.
But if the question is who would I take right now, I would take Shelvin Mack.
Hopson because he is the beat overall player I think... I THINK I SAID, I KNOW MOST PEOPLE DONT THINK so BUT I do
Even though it sounds like Mack is doing really well over at Butler, I think that Miller is the best player from the state last year. Unselfish and smart basketball is Miller's strength. I am sure Mack would be doing fine in the SEC but in the long run I will take miller.
Lately Miller, but throughout the entire season I would have defiantly chosen Mack.
The difference between the 3 mentioned is that Mack is already physically matured and was ready for his position as the other 2 are still working on the strength to excel at the next level IMO. Mack is having one heck of a year!
I have to go with Mack. But, Miller is starting to come around!

Good sign for Kentucky!
Mack has played better so far this season. But Miller has a much higher ceiling. I'll take him to have the better career.
Mack.
Miller is in a position in which he won't see much starting time until next year, which is a good thing because this will allow him to mature more than the others, although the other two are very impressive to say the least.
Not sure what the intent of this thread was now that I re-read the thread title.

Who would I take?

Last year during the season, seeing both Hopson and Miller play, and only reading about Mack:

Hopson was the best pure athlete. He could do so many things around the paint and was a scoring threat every time he touched the ball.

Miller was by far a LEADER! He would put the team on his back and could do anything, get the steal, find a way to get to the free-throw line, get a key rebound, he was the most versatile player that I had seen all year.

As for this year, each's Freshman year, who has meant the most to their team? For me, it is Mack. The kid has played tremendous basketball. He has been a key to Butler's success and probably has been responsible for 5+ wins alone this year. Those 5 wins has put Butler in the category of a top 10 team, which without him they would not have been.

Who has the best future?

To me, Miller will be the best college player of the group. He can do so many things on the floor, and he will be surrounded by great players that will allow him to do even more.

IMO, Hopson will be a paid player. His game is better suited for the NBA. I remember watching Mayo several times at North College Hill saying that he will be a better NBA player than a college player. Hopson reminds me a lot of Mayo. His athletic ability is incredible. If he develops an outside shot, he could be a very good NBA player. Miller, I'm not so sure of. He could make a living, but will he be athletic enough to play in the NBA???? Mack, he may get a sniff of paid ball, but I think he is a four year college guy that will rely on his education to make his living.
I'll take Miller.

Darius will have the best college career out of the 3 IMO.

Mack has been solid for Butler all year but Miller is showing signs of being a real threat to Kentucky as of late.

Hopson has more talent than the other 2 but seems to not play to the best of his ability from game to game.
I think all 3 are good, but mack looks to be the best of the bunch IMO
Mack.
Miller.....
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The difference between the 3 mentioned is that Mack is already physically matured and was ready for his position as the other 2 are still working on the strength to excel at the next level IMO. Mack is having one heck of a year!

The difference is that mack plays against horrible competition. Have you seen him play, and seen some of the teams hes played. He really isn't that good from what ive seen. Just because hes from kentucky doesn't mean everyone on here has to make him out to be a superstar. I would take either miller or hopson over him easily.
Miller
what school did Mack come out of?
TheONLY1 Wrote:The difference is that mack plays against horrible competition. Have you seen him play, and seen some of the teams hes played. He really isn't that good from what ive seen. Just because hes from kentucky doesn't mean everyone on here has to make him out to be a superstar. I would take either miller or hopson over him easily.
Apparently you have not seen him play. The man is a BASKETBALL PLAYER! I am, by no means, saying that Hopson/Miller are not good basketball players. I stated my opinion and am sticking to it..If you don't like my input..Then tough..Nobody said he was a superstar. The competition that Mack is facing is probably just as good as the WEAK S.E.C. this year and U.K.'s non conference schedule is a JOKE besides throwing UNC on there to make up for playing Hyden Community and Prestonsburg Elementary. Hopson is all about Hopson..and that is the way it will always be with him..If you seen him play before that is!:zzz:
Sounds like Mack, but I think that Miller would have been in the midst if he didn't wait until February to decide to play basketball.
I would have gotten rid of all that I needed to so that I would have had all three. You got some on that team that don't need a UK jeresy.
They really don't understand what a honor it is to wear the UK jersey. It is a sense of pride, and a sense of responsibility that you wear that jersey, and back it up with wins, and tournament appearances.