Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 76- Madison Central 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SC 21- 18- 24- 13
MC 11- 6- 16- 21

Stat leaders were:
Scott County
Flannery 10 points
Euton 12 points, 10 rebounds
Guyn 11 points
Jackson 12 points, 5 steals
Phares 12 points, 13 rebounds

Madison Central
Simpson 25 points, 12 rebounds

SC pretty much dominated for the first 3 quarters. Madison Central's young kids played really well for the last 4 minutes. Simpson played great for MC. The freshman Ivey also played well for SC getting his second straight start. Manning did not play due to his injured ankle.
Madison Central 21 18 24 13 76

Scott Co. 11 6 16 21 54

Madison Central (16-11) -- Minter 2, Smith 1, Jarvis 2, Schneider 2, Clay 7, Jenkins 4, Covington 7, Simpson 25, Hawkins 2, Ford 2.
Scott Co. (24-3) -- Walker 2, Flannery 10, Euton 12, Aa.Ford 6, Guyn 11, Ivey 6, Jackson 12, Phares 12, Schu 2.
Scott Co. finishing the regular season strong! Madison Central is no "push-over" team. Simpson is a tough young man to handle in the middle, man is he strong. I believe he is going to Western to play football.

Looks like Scott Co's depth was just too much for them to handle.

I saw highlights on Ch. 27 news where Jackson drove the baseline and had a MONSTER ESPN highlight dunk over a Madison Central defender. It was so good they played it in slow motion on the news.
Right now, Scott Co. is the best team in the State. Combine their speed, size, defense, they are the class of the State. After seeing Holmes a few times, I really wonder how they beat SC.
Richie Phares had 12 points and 13 rebounds to lead No. 1 Scott County to a 76-54 home victory over Madison Central. UK commitment Dakotah Euton had 12 points and 10 rebounds and Chad Jackson added 12 points for the Cards. Keshawn Simpson led the Indians with 25 points and 12 rebounds.

kentucky.com
SC was ahead by 38 in the middle of the 3rd Quarter.
Stardust Wrote:After seeing Holmes a few times, I really wonder how they beat SC.

The SC defense is very complicated. No other school in the state plays that exact same man to man. It took awhile for Jackson and Euton to get a grasp of all the nuances of the defense.
Congrats Scott County!