Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan 52 - Jackson City 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Congrats Jbs
I think Russells Josh Gerhanger use to go to Jackson city in 7th grade???maybe, but he put up big numbers there and he is still out here in football, b-ball, and track.
June Buchanan 4 18 11 19 52

Jackson City 4 6 21 12 43

June Buchanan (18-9) -- G.Collins 10, Stepp 10, Childers 5, Hall 18, L.Collins 4, Sparkman 1, Thomas 4.
Jackson City (9-17) -- Hayes 2, Gayheart 5, Sierra 15, Delph 7, Goff 8, Hollan 4, Stacy 2.
Congrats JBS on the win.
Good to see Jackson City kept it close.

Congrats Crusaders!
In the reply to Jackson City keeping it close might have been in my IMO and I have the tape to prove it was the intentional elbow thrown by a JC player 2 mins. into the game that sent Jon Howard to the emergency room for 7 stitches in a cut in his upper lip. One of the 14th region FINEST was watching this happen and did not call a foul or do nothing to stop this type of play. 3 mins into the 3rd qtr. Braxton Childers drove to the basket for a layup when a JC player came down across his face with a forearm that seen him to the emergency room with a broke nose ( x-rays showed) and again one of the 14th Region FINEST was watching this happen and did not make a call and only stopped play when he seen the kid bent over holding his hands over his face to catch the blood. Play continued on and nothing was ever done to stop the physical play. I do not think JC players done this intentionally to try and take an opposing player out of the game but something should have been done to stop the physical play. JC players do play hard for their team and coach but tonight this was in the hands of the refferees to handle this matter. Now JBS could be without two of their guards going into District tourn. play next week.I hope both of the players are able to make be recover to some extent to help their team.
JBS 52 Jackson City 43 JBS was led by Brent Hall 18 pts./19 rebs./5 assists, Garrison Collins 10 pts./11 rebs./5 blocks., Clint Stepp 10 pts./4 assists., Travis Thomas 4 pts./3 rebs., Braxton Childers 5 pts./ 3 rebs. Jackson City led by Sierra 11pts./ Gayheart 9 pts./ Goff 8 pts./ Delph 7 pts./ Hollan 4 pts./ Hayes 2pts./ Stacy 2 pts. Good luck to Jackson City next week against Wolfe Co.
Who reffereed the game?
Congrats June Buchanan.
Jackson City looked good
jackson city sounds dirty. happy to see them lose after dirty plays like that. if they cant win without howard and childers playing then id hate to see the final score with those 2.
good win jbs.

goodluck in the district
did Slone play in this one for JBS?
memphistiger Wrote:jackson city sounds dirty. happy to see them lose after dirty plays like that. if they cant win without howard and childers playing then id hate to see the final score with those 2.

Jackson City played the same way vs Lee a few days ago too - the elbows just didn't connect so there were no injuries. It is mostly one player, not the coach or team.

Wolfe vs JC in their District match up tomorrow night could be a good one. They both play hard.
didn't JBS star zack amburgey play in this?
diaperdandy Wrote:did Slone play in this one for JBS?

no, but he changed into some air force 1's at halftime and gave the capacity crowd of 58 a show with 2 reverse dunks and 1 windmill
-great work shane
Congrats JBS!
Congrats Crusaders
Congrats JBS
Was #33, Goff I believe, for Jackson the one who was playing dirty? I watched them play Williamsburgh at Breathitt High and he played dirty that game with a lot of cheap shots. Coincidentally nothing was done that game by the refs either.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:Was #33, Goff I believe, for Jackson the one who was playing dirty? I watched them play Williamsburgh at Breathitt High and he played dirty that game with a lot of cheap shots. Coincidentally nothing was done that game by the refs either.

:Thumbs:
Mosley21 Wrote:didn't JBS star zack amburgey play in this?

I believe Amburgey was traded from JBS to Jon Bentley's sportsplex squad. Not sure if this is true, just what I was told.

bsm2008 Wrote:no, but he changed into some air force 1's at halftime and gave the capacity crowd of 58 a show with 2 reverse dunks and 1 windmill
-great work shane

Sounds a lot like Slone. I remember a few years back when he came to JBS, he didn't play on the team, but he was at the district match up against Jackson City. He came out at halftime and hammered a couple of dunks. I remember seeing the video on sports overtime, they were all pretty much clean. Sad to see he isn't playing anymore, what a shame. You can find him on Sunday mornings at the Wendys of Whitesburg, and playing at the old Carr Creek high school gym.
diaperdandy Wrote:I believe Amburgey was traded from JBS to Jon Bentley's sportsplex squad. Not sure if this is true, just what I was told.

Sounds a lot like Slone. I remember a few years back when he came to JBS, he didn't play on the team, but he was at the district match up against Jackson City. He came out at halftime and hammered a couple of dunks. I remember seeing the video on sports overtime, they were all pretty much clean. Sad to see he isn't playing anymore, what a shame. You can find him on Sunday mornings at the Wendys of Whitesburg, and playing at the old Carr Creek high school gym.

wow, sounds like shane has always brought his best stuff at halftime of jackson city games. i will be sure to get up to LKLP and see him play soon. If a team could pick up a calibur street ball player like that on their dust bowl team this summer, it could be the end of john bentlys run winning the thing
ARC Wrote::Thumbs:
33 played very dirty against Lee also. He swatted at heads when he trid to block and did a lot of dirty slappping and pushing, it look as if intent was to injure
KC 1973 Wrote:In the reply to Jackson City keeping it close might have been in my IMO and I have the tape to prove it was the intentional elbow thrown by a JC player 2 mins. into the game that sent Jon Howard to the emergency room for 7 stitches in a cut in his upper lip. One of the 14th region FINEST was watching this happen and did not call a foul or do nothing to stop this type of play. 3 mins into the 3rd qtr. Braxton Childers drove to the basket for a layup when a JC player came down across his face with a forearm that seen him to the emergency room with a broke nose ( x-rays showed) and again one of the 14th Region FINEST was watching this happen and did not make a call and only stopped play when he seen the kid bent over holding his hands over his face to catch the blood. Play continued on and nothing was ever done to stop the physical play. I do not think JC players done this intentionally to try and take an opposing player out of the game but something should have been done to stop the physical play. JC players do play hard for their team and coach but tonight this was in the hands of the refferees to handle this matter. Now JBS could be without two of their guards going into District tourn. play next week.I hope both of the players are able to make be recover to some extent to help their team.

I would be interested in seeing this tape
Must be something in the initials JC
Johnson Central
Jackson City
Both have been accused of thuggish behavior. HaHA
JOBAKKA Wrote:Must be something in the initials JC
Johnson Central
Jackson City
Both have been accused of thuggish behavior. HaHA

I think the tigers just play hard, and sometimes a couple kids lose their tempers, I don't think you can accuse the tigers of being thuggish. I seem to remember a fight between Hazard and Buckhorn earlier in the year, but neither team was accused of being thuggish. Just my opinion
But number 33 now has three different teams accusing him of thuggish play. I saw the Lee game and he definatly took shots at Aaron Charles all game. Of course Aaron had to stay calm because of the districts around the corner and could not retaliate. But 33 was way over the line in his play. The rest of the team played hard and thats as far as it went.
the1andonly Wrote:I think the tigers just play hard, and sometimes a couple kids lose their tempers, I don't think you can accuse the tigers of being thuggish. I seem to remember a fight between Hazard and Buckhorn earlier in the year, but neither team was accused of being thuggish. Just my opinion

I don't think the problem is a kid losing his temper. And Jackson doesn't usually 'fight', one player throws what look to be deliberate elbows to the face and head of his opponents.
Pages: 1 2