Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 48 - Ashland Blazer 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ashland Blazer 4 10 12 17 43

East Carter 14 9 9 16 48

Ashland Blazer (15-9) -- Dietrich 10, Lever 2, Connor 19, Strait 2, Furrow 2, Hanners 6, Farris 2.
East Carter (19-6) -- Deerfield 1, White 7, Whitley 4, Combs 13, Easterling 8, Marshall 7, Burge 8.
kentucky.com
Wow EC nice win girls
Not having Wilcox and Gambill hurt us. East is a good team with a good coach.
Wilcox did no play?
Wilcox and Gambill did not play. Wilcox out with a knee injury and Gambill was sick with bronchitis. Both are excellent players and shooters and would have made a difference in a game so tight.
Tomcat Great Wrote:Wilcox and Gambill did not play. Wilcox out with a knee injury and Gambill was sick with bronchitis. Both are excellent players and shooters and would have made a difference in a game so tight.

Get better soon girls. We are going to need you in the tourney.
I cannot believe what I heard this morning concerning some of the younger players. I hope Coach Bradley can keep this group together for years to come. Yes we need Wilcox and Gambill asap!
Congrats EC!
The Maroon Pelican Wrote:I cannot believe what I heard this morning concerning some of the younger players. I hope Coach Bradley can keep this group together for years to come. Yes we need Wilcox and Gambill asap!

What did you hear this morning?
Congrats EC
The Maroon Pelican Wrote:I cannot believe what I heard this morning concerning some of the younger players. I hope Coach Bradley can keep this group together for years to come. Yes we need Wilcox and Gambill asap!

It's been going around for a while. Bradley knows what he needs to do to keep the kids. I also hope he is willing. This game would have been much different with Wilcox.
Joe Rockhead Wrote:It's been going around for a while. Bradley knows what he needs to do to keep the kids. I also hope he is willing. This game would have been much different with Wilcox.

Sounds like some teams are really worried about what Ashland has in the younger group. I hear some teams are already trying to recruit a few players and not just from Ashland.
kybasketballfan Wrote:Sounds like some teams are really worried about what Ashland has in the younger group. I hear some teams are already trying to recruit a few players and not just from Ashland.

You may be right on what you hear and you may be wrong. Some parents try and shop their kids around and it gives the appearance of the coaches doing the recruiting while in fact it is the parents. For some parents it is about their ego and not their kids best interest. I have heard of one parent that took their kid from a school that he didnt want leave, this boy was a starter in the 15th region as 7th grader and averaged double figures in points and now barely scores as an 8th grader at his new school. Good move Pops! :please:
kybasketballfan Wrote:Sounds like some teams are really worried about what Ashland has in the younger group. I hear some teams are already trying to recruit a few players and not just from Ashland.

In the HIGH SCHOOL game it sounded like a good game. It gives the regional a different look. East has now beaten Rowan and Ashland but lost to I think ,Lewis.
Joe Rockhead Wrote:It's been going around for a while. Bradley knows what he needs to do to keep the kids. I also hope he is willing. This game would have been much different with Wilcox.

Bottom line - Bradley is going to do what he needs to do to win games. Bradley cares about every one of his players and would do anything for any one of them, BUT team comes first. If certain young players don't take advantage of the situations presented to them and they would feel more appreciated somewhere else, then let them go. Kids that take the easy way out and transfer just for playing time will not be the players to win you championships anyway. Give me the player who is patient, pays her dues, and earns her playing time every time.
Skip Pass Wrote:Bottom line - Bradley is going to do what he needs to do to win games. Bradley cares about every one of his players and would do anything for any one of them, BUT team comes first. If certain young players don't take advantage of the situations presented to them and they would feel more appreciated somewhere else, then let them go. Kids that take the easy way out and transfer just for playing time will not be the players to win you championships anyway. Give me the player who is patient, pays her dues, and earns her playing time every time.

So, you are saying that some of the younger players that are getting to play has paid their dues?
Congrats East Carter
The Maroon Pelican Wrote:So, you are saying that some of the younger players that are getting to play has paid their dues?

I'm saying that Bradley plays the players that give him the best chance of winning just like a coach should. If a younger player is playing in front of an older player it is because the player is better, or better fills the position. Bradley definitely gives the older players every chance possible, but if they don't take advantage of it then yes, younger players will get a shot. By the way, the first 8 that Bradley plays are all Juniors and Seniors. Who are all these young players getting all the clock?

It's funny how some of these comments accuse Bradley of being too loyal to the older players thus cheating the younger ones. Others say that the older ones are being cheated because he plays the younger ones too much. I'm very confused - which is it? In today's day and age, who in their right mind would want to be a coach? Talk about your "no win" situation.
You Ashland guys are confusing, which is it older or younger? Sounds like to me by reading the Ashlanders posts that not all is swell in maroonville. :argue:
Skip Pass Wrote:I'm saying that Bradley plays the players that give him the best chance of winning just like a coach should. If a younger player is playing in front of an older player it is because the player is better, or better fills the position. Bradley definitely gives the older players every chance possible, but if they don't take advantage of it then yes, younger players will get a shot. By the way, the first 8 that Bradley plays are all Juniors and Seniors. Who are all these young players getting all the clock?

It's funny how some of these comments accuse Bradley of being too loyal to the older players thus cheating the younger ones. Others say that the older ones are being cheated because he plays the younger ones too much. I'm very confused - which is it? In today's day and age, who in their right mind would want to be a coach? Talk about your "no win" situation.

It's the same everywhere, it's just more prevalent at larger schools because there are more kids. What we are talking about here is parents point of view. Some see it one way, some see it another. Now back to the game- East Carter has the depth to make a good run this year if they can survive Districts. I was very impressed with their team the 2 times I saw them this year. I'm sure with all the players that East Carter has they have the same grumblings as Ashland. Sometimes parents transfer their kids from these programs to keep from getting lost in the shuffle not because they think they are being done wrong.
Several schools in the area are dealing with the same issues. There is more to bringing up a 6th, 7th, or 8th grader than just playing them because they have good skills. A coach should take into consideration what playing younger kids does to the dynamic of the team. A young kid may be a very good player, but when her being on the court causes the older players to lose moral, lose respect for the coach and team, then she is not the best player at that time. The players shouldn't dictate who plays, but when kids spend 4 or 5 years in a program, only to be benched for 12 and 13 year olds, that program can decline very fast.
Old Blue Wrote:Several schools in the area are dealing with the same issues. There is more to bringing up a 6th, 7th, or 8th grader than just playing them because they have good skills. A coach should take into consideration what playing younger kids does to the dynamic of the team. A young kid may be a very good player, but when her being on the court causes the older players to lose moral, lose respect for the coach and team, then she is not the best player at that time. The players shouldn't dictate who plays, but when kids spend 4 or 5 years in a program, only to be benched for 12 and 13 year olds, that program can decline very fast.

That is the most lucid post I have heard regaurding this situation !:thanks: . Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner.:1:
nice win EC