Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County vs. Owsley County 2-25; 1st Rd Districts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this should be an exciting game between the Owls and the Engineers, alot closer than the regular season meetings, im going with Estill on this one. I think that Estill should go out there and beat the owls and then go on and bring home another District Championship not only for Coach Tiller and the School but also for Kenton.
Estill wins for a third time against Owsley, this time by 15
Estill will pull this one out and go on and win the 56th District Championship
I'll take Estill County!
I think this game is going to be a lot closer than some think. Evans is back at Owsley, and he wasn't with them in the first 2 losses.

Everyone said the same things in last year's district tournament...that Estill was going to crush Owsley, beat them by 15 to 20, cruiseville, etc. Well, what happened? The Owls took the Neers to the wire and it took a last second shot for Estill to win. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Estill Co. by 16+
bigben Wrote:Estill Co. by 16+
Did you read post #5?:popcorn:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Did you read post #5?:popcorn:

i know i did, and agree 100%. when tournament time is going on, people always underestamate the boys, and they shock everyone. last year it was the last 2nd shot by Estill to win, when Owsley was the number 4 seed and almost won it. Then, there was the 1st rounder in 2006 when they beat rival Lee County. I wouldnt count the Owls out, not by a long shot. But, the loss of Hardy will affect them some, they still have the Murrels and Evans. And, lets not forget Williams. All jnrs, and all excellent players.TongueirateSho
one&onlybrain Wrote:i know i did, and agree 100%. when tournament time is going on, people always underestamate the boys, and they shock everyone. last year it was the last 2nd shot by Estill to win, when Owsley was the number 4 seed and almost won it. Then, there was the 1st rounder in 2006 when they beat rival Lee County. I wouldnt count the Owls out, not by a long shot. But, the loss of Hardy will affect them some, they still have the Murrels and Evans. And, lets not forget Williams. All jnrs, and all excellent players.TongueirateSho
Yeah, they've lost a couple of senior starters in the last two weeks. Taylor is out the rest of the year when he received his second concussion in less than a month, and Hardy broke his hand this week in an accident at school. He is one of their better baseball players too, and may miss the season in that sport as well.
Estill in a close one by 8
If Whisman doens't play well half the game I predict an early exit for Estill. Evans will match Cackling, and Terrill will punish Estill in the paint. Hoover is probably the key - he probably needs to score 20+ to win.
wiseman will be playing. he played last night against Menifee and he played (started) tonight against Breathitt so he will play
This one will be the best first round match-up. If Coach Tiller can deny Evans the ball and stop his penetration, Estill by 15 if not then it's going to be close. I would be willing to bet that Coach Tiller has pulled the game film from last seasons district game.
I think Owsley has a momentum going right now and believe they will pull this one off in a close one by 3.
With Evans back the Owls are a different team when Estill beat them twice in the regular season. I hope Owsley pulls the upset. But....I think Estill wins this one by 10.

Good luck to both teams!
Could be a good game, Estill needs to play a good game and they will be ok. Estill at home by 9
EngineerFan Wrote:wiseman will be playing. he played last night against Menifee and he played (started) tonight against Breathitt so he will play

If Wiseman is healthy then Estill should win. Just because he played vs Breathitt does not mean that he is 'healthy'.

This Estill / Owsley game is liable to be a high scoring 'low defense' - run and gun type game. Whichever team is hitting will probably win. I think that it will be very close with the slight edge to Estill.
Killin' time till the game lol. Reviewing the stats, Owsley has won 3 of their last 6 games since Evans returned. Estill has only won 1 of their last 4 since Roberts (and Wiseman) were injured (and that one in OT).

This should be a barn-burner - maybe another OT game. If Murrell has a good game then Owsley could take it.
Engineers will come out on top tonight against the Owls