Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 28th District Tournament (Eastern, J'Town, CAL, KCD) 2/25 & 2/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
28th District Tournament at Eastern

Wed., Feb. 25
Jeffersontown (1) vs. Kentucky Country Day (4) 6pm
Eastern (2) vs. Christian Academy (3) 7:30pm

Sat., Feb. 28
Final, 7pm

These semifinal games almost seem like a joke but don't let that fool you. J'Town's game against KCD is probably a gimme, but CAL is not to be overlooked. They almost knocked J'Town out last season in their district semi and that would have taken out the eventual 7th region representitive.

If all goes as it should Eastern will have a chance to avenge what maybe be its only loss of the season (if they beat Male on Fri). This will be a ROWDY game and it will be interesting to see if J'Town can repeat its performance from the last time and if Eastern can get the monkey off their back and beat them.

Go ahead and mark down Feb. 28 in your calendar...
Should be a great one.
I would love to see the J-Town Eastern match-up.

EasternAlum - do you think that the runner-up can make a run in the Regional???
Stardust Wrote:I would love to see the J-Town Eastern match-up.

EasternAlum - do you think that the runner-up can make a run in the Regional???

In my own opinion districts are a joke, except for the distant possiblity of CAL beating Eastern there is no question that both J'Town and Eastern will make the regional tournament.

To answer your question, the most basic answer is yes, they can definitely make a run, no reason the wouldn't be able to. BUT, that is entirely dependent on the rest of the districts in the 7th region.

See if you can follow me, if Eastern wins the 28th then they will play the runner-up of another district. Therefore, hypothetically they could potentially play Ballard in the first round of regionals if Ballard was to lose in the 27th district finals. So it could be more beneficial in the long run to win or lose in the district final, depending on who wins and loses the other districts. Basically, it doesn't really matter if you win or lose the district, as long as you win your semifinal game and make it to the region.
I don't expect J'town or Eastern to have much of a problem with their opening round opponents. The district finals should be a barn-burner!