Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central hires Chapman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They finally announced it today, it was even on wymt 57. It's a big loss for the Bobcats, but i wish him the best of luck at Pike Central.
I'm pretty surprised he left the Bobcats for this job.

I wish him, Breahitt County, and Pike County Central the best of luck!
Great hire for Pike Central good luck coach and Hawks
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:They finally announced it today, it was even on wymt 57. It's a big loss for the Bobcats, but i wish him the best of luck at Pike Central.

Good luck to Central and Coach Chapman as well as Breathitt County.
Coach Mac had Pike Central ready to make the turn...Chapman will struggle in making the Hawks a consistent contender...
Good luck to parties that are involved.
Chapman will have his work cut out for him!!!!!
Response to Chuck Taylor ("Coach Mac had Pike Central ready to make the turn...Chapman will struggle in making the Hawks a consistent contender...")
Let's see 4-6, 4-6, 4-6, 4-6. that is not making a turn. it is a straight line. And there is no progress in a straight line...but only in one direction and that is simply the consistency of mediocrity.
Sorry for the negative statement...but just as the people of Pikeville must give Coach Howard a chance to turn the corner and to develope the program back to its championship status...Thus the people of PCCHS must also let Coach Chapman develope this program into a winner and a contender.
i know, right? Wrote:Chapman will have his work cut out for him!!!!!

Why's that?
Good Luck Chapman and the Hawks in the upcoming seasons.
i know, right? Wrote:Chapman will have his work cut out for him!!!!!

Why is that?
What was his record as a head coach? Where did he coach in the past?
This Job Has A Lot Work To Be Done
Salimander Wrote:Why is that?
Because it is Pike Central, not a traditional power. Coach Chapman has coached @ Pikeville, but went back to Breathitt after 2-3 years. If I remember, Breathitt beat his Pikeville team 33-0 or something like that.
Must have went for the money and not the opportunity. This is a dead end job. Whats the principal going to guarentee this time.......the intergalatic championship of the world?
johnnydufflebaghead Wrote:Must have went for the money and not the opportunity. This is a dead end job. Whats the principal going to guarentee this time.......the intergalatic championship of the world?

The first thing he must do is stop the players in his area from going to Pikeville and Belfry.
pikecountyfootball Wrote:The first thing he must do is stop the players in his area from going to Pikeville and Belfry.
the good thing about Pike Central compares from years past to this year is enrollment is already up. At Mullins enrollment is up as well and is predicted to increase over 100 students with the new school being built. The high school is predicted to have an increase of 50 to 100 kids going into the fall year. So it looks good from that aspect, I think really one thing thats needs to be addressed is how much talent is walking the halls that do not play any type of sport. It is amazing if you walk the halls of Pike Central and look at some kids and wonder why they do not play football, basketball etc. It is about that of Pikeville that many have been talking about. Hopefully with the coaching changes BOTH schools can get those kids out and take a step in the right direction. Good Luck to both schools.
Salimander Wrote:Why is that?

B/c he will be attempting to re-build a program that has been down for a while now!
Good luck Chapman.
Good Luck to Chapman!
He is a good coach
well i know this is the second tim ehe has left the bobcats he went to pikeville once before so i say if he dont work out at pcc then dont let him return here because he jus leave again.
Coaches leaving is part of the business. As good of a coach as Chapman is I am sure that no one would turn him down for a coaching job. Good luck coach.
I really thought he would end up at Estill, would have been a better choice. I am sure PCC put out the money for him. It's a risk due to his past behaviors.
He is a real good coach cause he was my defensive coordinator last year when we went to state and he is one of the best!!!! I think he is gonna be a good head coach
No arguing that Chapman can coach. But will he have the players to compete with schools such as Belfry and Sheldon Clark?
No he aint gonna have the players to compete with teams like that because he wont to get to go up there until this school year is over and his kids aint goona have no weight lifting time and plus they will have to get use to his style of coaching.
Pike Central only lost 3 seniors off the team. The quarterback and the defense is back plus the running backs. Belfry will have problems this year. Pike Central is stacked with talent... They will make a sure run for the region championship...GOOD LUCK HAWKS...
we are very talented and nothing against coach mac but his offense was not what we needed to run (70-30 passing) with chapman it is the oppisite which is great cause we have the mountains best kept secret in cody meade. and btw were lifting 3 days a week and spring practice is coming up very soon.
I think Chapman resigned from teaching at Breathitt. Not for sure on that.
Pages: 1 2