Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Sophmores in Eastern Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my own opinion about the best sophomores in EKY but I need to know what everyone else thinks. Let me know who you think will make the biggest impact this year. Here are my top two:

1a. The Chandler kid from LCHS
1b. Cody Parker JCHS
Its hard to put the Parker kid up there just because he hasn't done anything on the varsity level yet. I know the potential is there, but the potential has yet to come around to actual production. Until the production side comes around I really can't see justifying him as a top sophomore.
LC Sheperd, C. Moore and T. Banks stick out to me.
Pikeville C. Keene, S. Lane, T. Ratliff, and L. Cecil
JC Cody Parker
Paintsville not sure but I think Cyrus maybe a soph.

I would like to know other sophs from other schools that look to be strong.
Tanner Sexton - LCC. This kid has been a starter since 8th grade, and has a future at the next level, IMO.
Jshort5 Wrote:Tanner Sexton - LCC. This kid has been a starter since 8th grade, and has a future at the next level, IMO.

I think LCC has several good sophs dont they? Coach Dean is an awesome coach.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Its hard to put the Parker kid up there just because he hasn't done anything on the varsity level yet. I know the potential is there, but the potential has yet to come around to actual production. Until the production side comes around I really can't see justifying him as a top sophomore.

He went 7-1 with an ERA around 1 at the varsity level in limited action not to mention his 2 homeruns in varsity games so i would say in limited action that is pretty good production from a freshman.
Commanche Wrote:I think LCC has several good sophs dont they? Coach Dean is an awesome coach.

They have a few. Last year's sophomore class was loaded.
JCHS05 Wrote:He went 7-1 with an ERA around 1 at the varsity level in limited action not to mention his 2 homeruns in varsity games so i would say in limited action that is pretty good production from a freshman.

I am not doubting that he went 7-1, but who did he go 7-1 against? I know he was not ever put into situations where he had a chance to loose? There is a big difference in going 7-1 against Phelps, P-burg, AC, etc., and going 7-1 against LC, Paintsville, and other top teams in the region. It is good they have someone with that potential to take up innings like that though. I could be wrong about him I have just not seen him be productive against quality opponents, and until he does i can't put him at the top of any list.
Chandler Shepard-LC
The 57th

JC - Parker & Scarberry
Paintsville - Jackson & Spencer
LC- may have the best player in the region in Sheperd.
SC - ???
Magoffin - ???
Kyle Pauley From Boyd County Is A Nice Sophmore..
Does Shelby Valley have any good sophomores?
Colin Kennedy Rose Hill is a pitcher with a good live arm.
Parker has potential but he needs to step up this year and show it.
Pikeville has a lot of sphomores that are looking very good in this off season and practice......
not a lot of kids out tho only 15-18 i think?
I heard Jacob Robinson started as a Freshman for Valley last year and can field and hit pretty well. I never really watched but heard alot on him. Is he the only good young player Valley has? If so Valley is goin to have to work or when he's a senior they're in trouble. But I still love Valley. GO VALLEY!
JCHS05 Wrote:He went 7-1 with an ERA around 1 at the varsity level in limited action not to mention his 2 homeruns in varsity games so i would say in limited action that is pretty good production from a freshman.

I completely agree with you...I have watched the boy play baseball as well as basketball...Potential in all areas...The boy is a beast!! And he will only get better!
Rusty Roberts for Valley is a super soph. didnt play much as a freshman cause of the coach they had last year who knew nothing about the game