Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 53 - Lee Co. 39 (Senior Night)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Maggard-23pts and Charles lead Lee with 21pts!
Perry got sloppy toward the end of the third and gave up i think was a 26 point lead..but good game Dores...and congratulations to Deron Amis and Klay Maggard on a succesfull career at Perry Central and John C. Combs Arena!
hate to see this...charles is gonna get 15 to 25 a night..the rest of lee co's team is gonna have to step up in the scoring..didnt get to see this game..what happened
The game was never close. Perry got a little sloppy in the end but for the most part it was a 20 point game. King Klay did what he wanted. Congrats Klay and Deron on awesome careers at PCC!
Lee Co. 12 3 10 14 39

Perry Co. Central 17 17 11 8 53

Lee Co. (11-11) -- Charles 21, Campbell 8, Pelphrey 8, Pittman 2, Wise.
Perry Co. Central (21-4) -- Maggard 23, Mullins 4, Noble 7, D. Amis 6, J. Amis 8, Salyers 5.
Good game Dores, keep it up.
Congrats to the Dores, I love the way they play on both ends. You better pack a set with you when you come or you will get run. Lee could not match the intensity tonight and the score is reflective of it. I keep hoping the Bobcats will pick it up a notch before its to late. Just have to wait and see.
Lee led 12-6 midway thru the first then couldn't throw it in the ocean - only scoring 3 points in the second qtr (PCC scored 17). This second quarter lost the game- and the 14 point deficit ended up being the difference in the game.

Pittman and Pelfrey got good looks at the basket but both had an off night.

Maggard was unstoppable in the paint and Jordan Amis had a great game too.

Congrats to PCC.
Congrats PCC and sounds like PCC outplayed my Bobcats. (Last night was not a good night to be a 'Cat fan period. :o) )

Keep your heads up Bobcats!
Good Game Dores, I Just Like Showing Up For Warm-ups To Watch Tyler Mullins Throw Down, The Charles Kid Is Going To Get 20 On Anyone But Eveyone Else Needs To Help Out Some
I nearly asked for my money back last night. I paid to watch a basketball game, what I got was a slaughter. Man, there was a clear difference last night in a lot of things. Lee was not out-manned. Matchup wise, it was even. But, whooo doggy, did Lee fold. This isn't player bashing, but Gus Wise really needs to tone it down. Stop shooting the ball from the outside! Drive and dish! We were clearly out coached. Lee plays with no intensity on the defensive side of the ball, at all. Its so frustrating to have the players we do, but they underacheive so badly. I'm not saying that we should have won by 50, but I do expect to play at least halfway respectable. There was nothing respectable after the 4 minute mark of the 1st quarter last night. I played basketball so I know how it is with not wanting the fans to tell you how to play, but good God, we drove an hour to support the team and the team forgot to get on the darn bus! I really hope they wake up, but, hey, they've had this done all year, wake up call after wake up call. I wish they believed.
The Commodores generally keep games low scoring like this.

Congrats PCC!
Congrats Perry Central.
Looks like Maggard had another stellar performance. Congrats PC!
Congrats PCC, good luck in District Lee Co.!!
Congrats PCC.
Perry had a good night and scored the usual 53 points a game. Lee had a very off night and need to re-group before the tourney. Perry needs to find some scoring if they want to get out of the districts and region. Everyone is dangerous when you only score 50 a game as a team.
Gossimer Wump Wrote:I nearly asked for my money back last night. I paid to watch a basketball game, what I got was a slaughter. Man, there was a clear difference last night in a lot of things. Lee was not out-manned. Matchup wise, it was even. But, whooo doggy, did Lee fold. This isn't player bashing, but Gus Wise really needs to tone it down. Stop shooting the ball from the outside! Drive and dish! We were clearly out coached. Lee plays with no intensity on the defensive side of the ball, at all. Its so frustrating to have the players we do, but they underacheive so badly. I'm not saying that we should have won by 50, but I do expect to play at least halfway respectable. There was nothing respectable after the 4 minute mark of the 1st quarter last night. I played basketball so I know how it is with not wanting the fans to tell you how to play, but good God, we drove an hour to support the team and the team forgot to get on the darn bus! I really hope they wake up, but, hey, they've had this done all year, wake up call after wake up call. I wish they believed.

This is the same story year after year, seems like Lee Co. has some very good talent year in and year out but they just seem to get worse towards the end of every year. Why?
Anybody have any stats for Lee Co.?
At least (W-L)?
ol'dad07 Wrote:Anybody have any stats for Lee Co.?
At least (W-L)?

11-11 Season
9-3 Region
5-0 District
goodguy Wrote:11-11 Season
9-3 Region
5-0 District

The Feb 6 Owsley game score isn't posted on KHSAA for some reason, but Lee won by 20 or so.

12-11 Season
10-3 Region
6-0 District
good work pcc
ARC Wrote:The Feb 6 Owsley game score isn't posted on KHSAA for some reason, but Lee won by 20 or so.

12-11 Season
10-3 Region
6-0 District
Correct. It hasn't been reported. Maybe the home team forgot, I don't know. It needs to be reported though so the KHSAA website figures will be accurate and up to date.
ARC Wrote:The Feb 6 Owsley game score isn't posted on KHSAA for some reason, but Lee won by 20 or so.

12-11 Season
10-3 Region
6-0 District

thanks all