Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Freshman of the Year in the 14th.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if there is an award but here is my Freshman of the year candidates.

Matt Day/Buckhorn: All around good player. Has amazing post moves, can rebound, score on the post, has a some what of a jumper, and a very athletic young man. Can defend the post great for a Freshman. Has great ball handling skills for a big man.

Zack Davis/KCC: Great point guard, has great ball handling skills, can shoot the ball great. Good at driving and dishing the ball to the open man. Is a descent defender.

Matt Stacy/Cordia: Very athletic guard, size is not there but can play ball. Has the best ball handling skills I've ever seen on a Freshman. Can run the 1 or the 2. Can shoot the ball, and guard the ball extremely well. A very good passer as well.
Its no doubt its Matt Day.
Those listed above are probably the best, but I would like to mention BJ Combs for Hazard. With the absence of Campbell, I think he has played some valuable minutes and got good experience as a Freshman. He could have a good future ahead of him for the Dawgs, JMO!
Matt Day-Buckhorn
Matt Stacy-Cordia

One of these is the best in the region for sure
Matt Day hands down
Day, hands down is the best freshman in the region. The others are great players as well, but from what I have seen from Day, he has the size and athletic ability to lots of damage in this region before his tenure is up.
Matt Day but BJ Combs will be a great player too.
taking nothing from Day or Stacy, because they are good strong players but they are playing at rather small schools. I think that they have a better opportunity than some of the other freshmen at the larger schools. these two kids are gonna be fun to watch in the 14th the next 3yrs.
My top 3 freshman in the 14th are..

1. Matt Day - Buckhorn
2. B.J. Combs - Hazard
3. Zach Davis - KCC
Matt Day..
nbafan03 Wrote:Matt Day-Buckhorn
Matt Stacy-Cordia

One of these is the best in the region for sure

Zach Davis is definitely ahead of Matt Stacy.
PATS2011 Wrote:Zach Davis is definitely ahead of Matt Stacy.

there about the same..i might give davis a step ahead for his size
PATS2011 Wrote:Zach Davis is definitely ahead of Matt Stacy.

Tell me why. They both shoot the ball about the same. Matt is a little quicker in the open floor and is a much better passer. All Zack has over Matt is his size.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Tell me why. They both shoot the ball about the same. Matt is a little quicker in the open floor and is a much better passer. All Zack has over Matt is his size.

Zach is a MUCH BETTER ball handler.
Matt Day is more than a good ball player....He is a great kid...We played a lot of ball against him in grade school at Marie Roberts...Wonderful young man and i hope he is blessed with a great career in ball. The redskins are behind u Matt
PATS2011 Wrote:Zach is a MUCH BETTER ball handler.

Your full of it. Matt would cross him over like it's not even funny.
BillyTubbs Wrote:Your full of it. Matt would cross him over like it's not even funny.

I agree that they are both great players, and will have bright futures, but having played on the same team as matt several years ago, I have to say that davis is an all around better player. Agree with me or not, I really don't care.