Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Feb. 16)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BGR's Boys Basketball Top 20 - 2/16

1. Scott County
2. Eastern
3. Holmes
4. Jeffersontown

5. Elliott County
6. Shelby Valley
(T) Clark County
(T)Ballard
9. Boone County
10. Anderson County
11. Franklin County
12. Mason County
13. Warren Central
14. Corbin
15. Bryan Station
16. Lexington Catholic
17. Christian County
(T) Scott
19. Trinity
20. Male; (T) Hazard
That is just about where I would put SV & EC, only I would reverse

their standing.
^ I can agree with that statement.

Other than that, I think the Top 20 looks good this week.
dortonite Wrote:That is just about where I would put SV & EC, only I would reverse

their standing.

I would probably agree with your statement, but EC is the only team listed that Valley has beat. Meanwhile, EC owns regular season wins over 3 of the teams listed, and a blowout scrimmage win against Clark Co.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I would probably agree with your statement, but EC is the only team listed that Valley has beat. Meanwhile, EC owns regular season wins over 3 of the teams listed, and a blowout scrimmage win against Clark Co.

Oh please, Shelby Valley could beat UK in a scrimmage and it wouldn't matter.
Boone Co beating holmes and Scott coming close put them both in the top 20, and higher in Boone Co's case. Holmes still doesnt have Pittman 100% and still aparently playing cocky. I hope they figure it out quick so they don't go home early In March. (second round Scott Co,3rd Elliot County.{projected})Not an easy road
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:Boone Co beating holmes and Scott coming close put them both in the top 20, and higher in Boone Co's case. Holmes still doesnt have Pittman 100% and still aparently playing cocky. I hope they figure it out quick so they don't go home early In March. (second round Scott Co,3rd Elliot County.{projected})Not an easy road

Holmes needs to pick up the defenisve intensity. Not as many points off turnovers is what I was told.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I would probably agree with your statement, but EC is the only team listed that Valley has beat. Meanwhile, EC owns regular season wins over 3 of the teams listed, and a blowout scrimmage win against Clark Co.

The scrimmages have no bearing whatsoever in the poll as Clark County didn't have their full team there and they are extremely young. I like GRC's chances against the the Lions if they were able to play each other. The Lions would be the favorite, as they should be, but I think GRC could very well win.

Oh and another thought, how in the WORLD is Elliot County ranked ahead of Shelby Valley in this poll but in the EKY Top 20 they are ranked 2nd BEHIND Shelby? Go figure:HitWall:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Oh and another thought, how in the WORLD is Elliot County ranked ahead of Shelby Valley in this poll but in the EKY Top 20 they are ranked 2nd BEHIND Shelby?

Because the polls are just that, polls. They are not just one person's opinion, or obviously there would not be the discrpancy. However, things like that happen when you have multiple lists being combined into one.

Some staff members who vote think SV is the better team of the two, while others think Elliott is better. And, it's not always the same members who vote in each poll. That is why you have a discrepancy.
Take the senseless bickering to the pm's.