Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCHS Baseball: Bulldog News: 2009 Bulldogs Receive National Attention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOUISA — According to at least one source, the Lawrence County Bulldogs baseball team will begin the 2009 season ranked in the top ten of District 4 which includes the states of Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin. The District 4 ranking committee included the Bulldogs on the strength of last year’s runner up position in the state tourney and the return of several regulars from that team including sophomore pitcher Chandler Shepherd, who is receiving looks from both college and pro scouts.

http://www.thelevisalazer.com/?cat=14
More great news for Lawrence Co. Great job.
i konow that they made a run at state last year but they lost a lot of good players. really the only one they have is shepperd and he cant pitch every game.
what is the situation with their coach? Is the game from last year on the net (youtube) or someone to be viewed?
Rankings are based on the previous year. I might think last years team to be deserving.

This year they come back with Shep and one other starter I believe. This is a tough thing to pin on a young team and not really fair. I think Feltner will do a good job with this team. Obviously it will be built around Shep and Moore pitching, but by the seasons end, I think Feltner will have a solid defensive team.

Go Dawgs!
Commanche Wrote:Rankings are based on the previous year. I might think last years team to be deserving.

This year they come back with Shep and one other starter I believe. This is a tough thing to pin on a young team and not really fair. I think Feltner will do a good job with this team. Obviously it will be built around Shep and Moore pitching, but by the seasons end, I think Feltner will have a solid defensive team.

Go Dawgs!

They come back with four starters: Nick Hackney -RF and Shane Pack- LF Chandler Shepherd also jordan miller as there DH...
Congrats LC. Your kids work extremely hard and you're starting to reap the benefits with this national exposure.
lawrence LC Wrote:They come back with four starters: Nick Hackney -RF and Shane Pack- LF Chandler Shepherd also jordan miller as there DH...

But those players will probably be SS, C, 3rd, and OF this year. I think LC will be good dont get me wrong. My pic in region, but top 10 in a 4 state region is way too high.

Good luck.
lawrence LC Wrote:They come back with four starters: Nick Hackney -RF and Shane Pack- LF Chandler Shepherd also jordan miller as there DH...

Cant forget Tate Banks played the first part of the season at 2nd base as a starter... Alos Josh Mills will probably play every where but Catcher and Pitcher... Also Ramsey Compton will probably split time at 3rd and Catcher with Jordan Miller who is one of the areas best hitters. When Cody Moore isnt on the mound he will play 1st. and When Chandler isnt on the mound he will play either SS or 2nd.
Batpuff Wrote:Cant forget Tate Banks played the first part of the season at 2nd base as a starter... Alos Josh Mills will probably play every where but Catcher and Pitcher... Also Ramsey Compton will probably split time at 3rd and Catcher with Jordan Miller who is one of the areas best hitters. When Cody Moore isnt on the mound he will play 1st. and When Chandler isnt on the mound he will play either SS or 2nd.

I was talking about last baseball season...
lawrence LC Wrote:I was talking about last baseball season...
I was talking about this season. lol Sorry.
Great news for Lawrence County!
go lawrence!!
Great news....They worked really hard last year to get where they did...good luck on up comming season....
this is awesome!!!
Love seeing this news for an Eastern Ky team and alot for the Dawgs.
The rankings a based on the Dawgs last season, and these Dawgs are gonna have a rude awaking come season but I can see these Dawgs right back at Applebees.

Go Dawgs
LC should be really good this year cause they have a young sophamore named chase winn who is just the man
Triple Crown Wrote:Love seeing this news for an Eastern Ky team and alot for the Dawgs.
The rankings a based on the Dawgs last season, and these Dawgs are gonna have a rude awaking come season but I can see these Dawgs right back at Applebees.

Go Dawgs

They did lose a lot but to be honest so did everybody else, and because of that you still have to give the edge to LC. They are the champs until somebody takes it from them, and i dont see anybody beating Shepherd this year. The 15th is really down this year, and really all of the regions east of lexington are down this year top to bottom, but we'll see thats why they play the games.
the_beast Wrote:i konow that they made a run at state last year but they lost a lot of good players. really the only one they have is shepperd and he cant pitch every game.

They actually have outstanding players to recover the positions that the seniors had last year..

Tate Banks
Josh Mills
Jordan Miller
Cody Moore
Nick Hackney

Confusedhh:
nickp24 Wrote:LC should be really good this year cause they have a young sophamore named chase winn who is just the man

He hit a 500ft. homerun the other day in practice.
Outstanding player.