Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tiger senior strong in class, football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Matt Miller found out he was a National Merit Scholar Finalist the same day he signed to play football in college

http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/app...902130349/

Miller, a Beechwood High School senior, committed to Division I Brown University Feb. 11. Miller, the valedictorian of the senior class, plans to major in engineering.

"Brown was the first college I went to and I fell in love with it," Miller said. "I love the whole area. The whole experience was great. They won the Ivy league championship last year and I hope I can get one next year and keep winning championships."

Miller started on both lines for Beechwood's Class 1A state champions the past two years. He will play on the offensive line at Brown.

He said being good in football and academics has been a rewarding challenge.

"Some days it gets real hard," he said. "Sometimes you have late nights and early morning studying. It's a real commitment and you have to work hard at it. It's been tough but it's been worth it."

Beechwood head coach Noel Rash said, "Once he decides to do something he's going to do it in the best possible way he can. He made sacrifices to be part of a team, and that's different than the classroom, because in the classroom you're so oriented on yourself. That shows what kind of person he is."
Congrats to Matt and good luck at Brown!