Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 2010 prospects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

posted by Jody Demling at 10:46 PM 0 comments

Top 2010 prospects
OK, so signing day is over and we're ready to move on.

Here's a quick look at my top 10 high school football players across the state in the Class of 2010. I am listing these guys as far as college potential.

1. Tim Patterson (photo), Central, Linebacker, 6-5, 225 - Has the potential to be one of the biggest recruits to come out of the state in a long, long time. Louisville, Kentucky and Indiana have all offered, but USC, Florida and Florida State are among the schools that have called.

2. Austin Collinsworth, Highlands, WR/DB, 6-1, 180 - He has the name (son of former Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth) and has the game.

3. Tate Nichols, Ryle, TE, 6-7, 225 - He already has five offers and has the frame to move to offensive tackle at the next level.

4. Miles Simpson, Simon Kenton, RB/LB, 6-2, 180 - Simpson put up a lot of yards as a junior and is also solid on defense.

5. Stephan Robinson, Central, WR, 5-9, 165 - He's fast, fast, fast. Another in a long line of standout players at Central.

6. Tyrrell Willis, Calloway County, RB, 6-3, 235 - He's athletic and he's a bruiser.

7. Antonio Andrews, Fort Campbell, QB, 6-0, 175 - He's a good enough athlete to find a position at the next level.

8. Harris Biven, Apollo, DT, 6-4, 290 - The best lineman in the state in this class.

9. Neil Wilson, Monroe County, WR, 6-2, 185 - A big athletic traget with good hands.

10. Quan Weaver, Frankfort, Athlete, 5-11, 175 - Ran for more than 2,000 yards as a junior.

Top sleeper: Bryan Hynes, Fern Creek, QB, 6-6, 190 - Big, tall quarterback has a gun for an arm and has been timed in 4.6 40-yard dash.

Not too far off the list:

Aaron Watts, McCreary Central, Athlete; Brandon Roller, Highlands, LB; Kevin Connaughton, Covington Catholic, OL; Channing Fugate, Breathitt County, RB; VaShaun Banks, Christian County, Athlete; Charles Quainoo, Boone County; RB; Nick West, Conner, QB; Burt Mingey, Lafayette, OL (6-9, 330); Jacob Russell, Anderson County, QB; Ryan Moses, Williamsburg, QB; Troy Turner, Fort Campbell, RB/LB; Aaron Nance, Seneca, WR; Jermiah Neal, St. Xavier, RB; Eric Shaw, Lafayette, Athlete; Dominique Hayden, Lexington Christian, RB; Lucas Witt, Lexington Christian, QB; Lance Turpin, Taylor County, QB; Robert Bell, Clark County, OL-DL; Bobby Neal, Woodford Conty, TE/LB; Jordan Hansel, Simon Kenton, OL; Jordan Amis, Perry County Central, QB; Randon Collett, Leslie County, DT; Chris Muse, Pulaski County, Athlete.

Special teams mention:
Nick Robertson, Trinity, K/P, 6-5, 180 - Ohio State has been in touch on Robertson

Barksdale to UT-Martin
Bowling Green High School football coach Kevin Wallace said tonight that running back Tevin Barksdale has signed with Tennessee-Martin.

As a senior, Barksdale ran for 1,397 yards and 24 touchdowns. He also caught three touchdown passes and his 170 points was the second most ever scored in the 87-year history of the school.

For his career, Barksdale ran for 2,501 yards and 50 TDs.
Breathitt fans won't like this one bit!

I guess this is "just another idiot's list" LOL (although I certainly feel he is one of the 10 best prospects in the state myself)
These may be the top 10 recruits for 09; they are not the 10 best high school football players in Ky for 09.
Im a Breathitt fan, but this list is okay. Im not saying this guy is an idiot or anything. Channing is just gonna have to prove himself thats all.
charlie22 Wrote:These may be the top 10 recruits for 09; they are not the 10 best high school football players in Ky for 09.

Enlighten us then.
These lists are typical media lists. Look at the areas of each player: Louisville, Lexington, NKY.

The Courier Journal is a Lousiville based newspaper, thus they will cater to the kids in their area more than any other. It was no surprise to me to see the other kids listed. They are kids who get National Media attention or just played in Louisville during the state tournament.

I had never heard of Channing before becoming a member of BGR, thus my only knowledge of him is through this site. Sounds like a wonderful athlete with a great future ahead. I probably would have listed him if I was making a list, but it's only based on reputation, not personal evidence (kind of like saying Wilt Chamberlain is a great player, but I never saw him play)