Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: USA 2 defeats Mexico 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the last leg of World Cup qualifications the United States pulled of a huge win over rival Mexico in Columbus on Wednsday. The United States took a late lead into half time off of a Micheal Bradley shot that found its way past the opposing goal keeper in the 42nd minute to put USA up 1-0. The Americans who have not lost to Mexico on American soil 9-0-2 had shut Mexico out 2-0 in their past two meetings in Columbus dating back to 93. The Americans came out in the second half possesing the ball over 60 percent of the match and looked to put the nail in the coffen. Mexico playing a man down got a few nice chances in the second half to tie the game but Tim Howard (American goal keeper) walked out the of the match with a shutout. As the Americans iced the game in extra time off a Micheal Bradley rip from 25+ yards out leading the Americans to a 2-0 victory and asured them a spot in the World Cup. Player of the game honors go to Micheal Bradley who had two shots on goal both scoring.

Thoughts on the game for those who watched?
Didnt watch, not a fan of soccer really.. But any time the USA beats a rival country in any sport, I give my congrats!.. so congrats USA.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Didnt watch, not a fan of soccer really.. But any time the USA beats a rival country in any sport, I give my congrats!.. so congrats USA.

Agree.
Soccer is a Communist Sport!!!!
Not really a big Soccer watcher, but love playing it. I caught some of the game last night. But big congrats to USA!! We are the sh*t
Stardust Wrote:Soccer is a Communist Sport!!!!

wtf?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:wtf?
Umm......!!?!?!?!?!??!
Let's go USA!