Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My Dad, the Hero. Please read.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At this moment I am the proudest that I have ever been of anyone. My dad was heading home from work this evening and saw an SUV floating in the river and he slammed on his brakes and pulled the truck over and saw a woman in the driver's seat. She was screaming "I have 2 babies in here!" and my dad jumped into the river and pulled the babies out of the backseat right as the Rodeo was sinking in the water and then helped the mom get her door open. He came home and was crying because he was so shaken up but my dad is honestly a hero and I could not be more happy right now.
That's amazing. Imagine how great the world could be if everyone acted and reacted like this. Great story to hear everyone got out safely.
That's awesome!! Glad to see tbere are good people out there!
This is awsome tribe...WAY TO GO TRIBES DAD......wooo he is a hero.....What did they woman do? did he take her home or anything? and what happened how did she do it?
WOOOO...........way to go tribe's dad, it makes me happy to know that there are still people in this world like him.
:Thumbs:
I don't know how the accident happen, probably just a combo that had something to do with the wet road...

A few women stopped and was going to take the woman and babies home.

My dad gave them some dry sweatshirts that he had in his truck.
That's great it's easy to say you would help and something else to actually do it.
Dad said that the whole vehicle was completely underwater and that you could not even see it by the time he had helped them to shore.
My hero and I yesterday actually just being silly in the kitchen.
:wenumber1:
I love my DAD!
Where did it happen at TT?
Between Grapevine* and Feds Creek.
It was just a stretch of road with no houses or business between the two places and it's just road and the river is on one side.

(*Grapevine is near Johns Creek, Phelps,...that area..)
That's awesome...nice to know there are still good people out there who are willing to help out people in need.
Thats awsome tribe, Im sure your dad will sleep good tongiht and he will get paid back for his good deed somehow...
1. Most people might not have even saw the vehicle.
2. I don't know how many people would have actually stopped.

Dad said that there was another man that came while he was still helping the people and the man never ever touched the water.
My step-dad saw a car in the water on Robinson Creek before and he was like "Look there's a car in the water" and just kept going...I looked but I didn't see anyone in it..and one of the door was open so they had already got out.
That's an amazing story.
Was this today DTFAN?
Good job Tribe's dad, I'll give you an even bigger huge next time I see you!
it's good to know that there are people out there willing to stop and help

that was great of your dad
thetribe Wrote:Between Grapevine* and Feds Creek.
It was just a stretch of road with no houses or business between the two places and it's just road and the river is on one side.

(*Grapevine is near Johns Creek, Phelps,...that area..)

Not a good place to have that happen to you that is unless someone like your dad is around.

Haven't been up that way in like 15 years.
Yea, not too much traffic goes through there. Luckily my dad was heading home from the mines and saw it.
Tribe thats awsome, It's really good to know that they are still people in this world like that!!!
Which mine does he work at Tribe.
A place called Lynn Branch formerly Dry Fork Energy at Biggs, Ky.
That is so great......why can't more people in the world be like this... maybe then it would be a nice place to live
I know what you mean, and I'm not just saying it because he is mine but honestly why can't more people pull together and make the world a better place. If we heard stories like this on the news instead of all the accidents resulting in deaths, drugs, or murders then we would be a much better nation.

Dad is not wanting to talk about any of this right now. My mom hugged him and told him that she was proud of him and he said, "No need to be proud, I did what I had to." But he is thinking about what if he hadn't got the last baby out of the car because it was turning over and sinking as he was pulling it through the window. He is thinking about what if HE drown trying to save them and what if any of them had drowned too.
That's wonderful that he helped those people. There really are some amazingly helpful people left in this world. You are so lucky to have a Dad like that.
Wow TRibe thats awesome...
You're right if everybody was like that then this world would be a much better place*
that's really an amazing story and I'm so glad he saved them all and wow it's nice to know that not everybody is so self centered and don't mind helpin people out when they need it
like bgg said you're really lucky to have someone like that
That's awesome!! Way to go tribe's dad!!!
He does not want to talk about it but my mom wants to read everyone's comment about the story tonight. We are all so proud of him and she is glad to know that everyone else appreciates his gesture too. He doesn't want the fame from it, he says that he just did what he had to do. He is amazing and I love him to death.

He wants to take me to the place that it happened and I will take pictures of it and post to give everyone an idea of the area.
Pages: 1 2