Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 56th District Tournament at Estill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Estill vs. Powell Owsley vs. Lee

Anyone know the dates and times? Will Turner be back for Owsley?
Monday, February 23, 2009
6:00pm Owsley vs Lee
7:30pm Estill vs Powell

Thursday, February 26, 2009
7:00pm Championship game.

No word on Turner, yet!!!
I hope my gals can pull out another District Tournament!!!! We will all be cheerin for you!!! Go Pirates. Hope turner is bac for owlsey, feel better soon!
piratefan24 Wrote:I hope my gals can pull out another District Tournament!!!! We will all be cheerin for you!!! Go Pirates. Hope turner is bac for owlsey, feel better soon!
Same here. If she's back and both teams are healthy it will make for a great tournament.
Mika Turner just got good news yesterday from a doctor in Lexington. She is cleared to play basketball again.:letsparty

No doubt she will still have to regain some conditioning and get her strength back, but her return is great news for her and her teammates, and the coaching staff.
what r the seeding for the tournament?
EngineerFan Wrote:what r the seeding for the tournament?
1 Owsley
2 Powell
3 Estill
4 Lee
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:1 Owsley
2 Powell
3 Estill
4 Lee

Flip Powell and Estill: Estill went 4-2 in district; Powell went 3-3.
Mika Turner, from Owsley, was released Saturday and played some Monday night at Jackson City.
thecavemaster Wrote:Flip Powell and Estill: Estill went 4-2 in district; Powell went 3-3.
My mistake. I thought Powell beat Estill twice this year.

It doesn't really matter though. #2 and #3 have to play one another regardless of who is 2 or 3. It may determine what color of jersey is worn that night and who is home team on the clock. Other than that, that's about it.