Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Starting pitchers for each team in the 14th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you all think will be the starting pitchers on every team in the 14th?
Its hard to believe no one has an opinion on this lol.
Estill has the best one-two in the region with Freeman and Clowers.
Lee will probaly be Campbell, Frye
goinyard Wrote:Estill has the best one-two in the region with Freeman and Clowers.

I def. agree with this lol.
ok, i probably should have just said in the 53rd...so, lets go with that now haha.
Dewayne Watts/Matt Stacy-Cordia
with the addition of the freshman from Jackson City, PCC will be a contender for the district/region.

What is the focus of Cory Slone at Hazard? If he is pitching the way he's capable, he will be a nice addition on the mound like he was at the plate for the dawgs last season. I think the 54th is the toughest district in the 14th by far this year.
firechief Wrote:with the addition of the freshman from Jackson City, PCC will be a contender for the district/region.

What is the focus of Cory Slone at Hazard? If he is pitching the way he's capable, he will be a nice addition on the mound like he was at the plate for the dawgs last season. I think the 54th is the toughest district in the 14th by far this year.

With that being said, what will Buckhorn have this year? I know they lost Mullins, Deaton, and Hardin(I think was his name, he was their best pitcher).
Jackson City - Gentry Hayes
Knott Central has an abundance of pitchers but some of the best are potter, king, and adams
fanatic11 Wrote:Knott Central has an abundance of pitchers but some of the best are potter, king, and adams

ADAMS!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!!
cbb09 Wrote:ADAMS!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!!

he had some good starts last year for JBS. he spots his fastball well but needs to work on his speed.
cbb09 Wrote:ADAMS!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!!

if you dont like him i can always name a few others from KCC that are going to get some starts this year like slone, amburgey, bartrum, and mullins.
this thread is about pitchers who will be starting this year isnt it?
fanatic11 Wrote:if you dont like him i can always name a few others from KCC that are going to get some starts this year like slone, amburgey, bartrum, and mullins.
this thread is about pitchers who will be starting this year isnt it?

i was just saying adams shouldnt be compared to king let alone potter.
goinyard Wrote:Estill has the best one-two in the region with Freeman and Clowers.

Have to agree.
I will tell you this, Buckhorn has the best pitcher in the Region and is not playing, Matt Day. He's the super freshman basketball player that is about 6'4 and he can throw it. Not sure why he will not play baseball, but if he was at Perry Central, they would go to Applebees this year and the next and the next, yea, he's that good.
firechief Wrote:I will tell you this, Buckhorn has the best pitcher in the Region and is not playing, Matt Day. He's the super freshman basketball player that is about 6'4 and he can throw it. Not sure why he will not play baseball, but if he was at Perry Central, they would go to Applebees this year and the next and the next, yea, he's that good.

for one thing i doesnt matter how hard he can throw it if he has no clue where it is going and if he is 'that good' why hasnt somebody talked him into playing baseball. that is one thing that aggervates me too good baseball players dont play because they are too focused on basketball which is king in eastern ky.
firechief Wrote:I will tell you this, Buckhorn has the best pitcher in the Region and is not playing, Matt Day. He's the super freshman basketball player that is about 6'4 and he can throw it. Not sure why he will not play baseball, but if he was at Perry Central, they would go to Applebees this year and the next and the next, yea, he's that good.

How in the world can you make a statement like that when the kid has not thrown a pitch as a high school player and say he's better than a pitcher like Estill's Freeman who had an ERA of .40 last year which was 5th highest in state history.
fanatic11 Wrote:he had some good starts last year for JBS. he spots his fastball well but needs to work on his speed.

He does spot his fastball well,but this kid has one of the nastiest curveballs i've seen.
Breathitt- Dakota Ritchie, Tanner Lawson, Willis Back, Travis Terry
cordia has 4 pitchers this year...there ace is matt stacy he's a freshmon and he can throw
uncfan03 Wrote:cordia has 4 pitchers this year...there ace is matt stacy he's a freshmon and he can throw

cordia didnt have that much pitching last year so who are their pitchers this year.
Can anyone tell me what is the rotation of LCC. Haven't talked to Coach Dean, but if anyone knows, could you please tell me.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Can anyone tell me what is the rotation of LCC. Haven't talked to Coach Dean, but if anyone knows, could you please tell me.

Coach Dean has a lot of kids capable of throwing this year.....his 3 main pitchers though are M. Adams, N. Adams, and R. Brock.