Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle school baseball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do you talk to about playing this, and what schools offer this program?
What Organization Is Middle School Baseball Ran & How Do You Go About Getting Into The League?
I don't think that there is a league. We have a team at Martin Co., Johnson Co has one, Lawrence, Letcher, Paintsville, Sebastion maybe. I can probably get you games with Martin Co.
We have one at East Ridge this year.

I know that Pikeville has one too.
Allen Central Middle School is trying to get one started this year. I don't know of any other Floyd County Schools that are doing this.
im not sure but i think magoffin is gettin one
Coach Michael Coleman is going to have the East Ridge Middle School Baseball team in tip top shape and there going to win alot of games in there inaugural season.
The Admiral Wrote:Coach Michael Coleman is going to have the East Ridge Middle School Baseball team in tip top shape and there going to win alot of games in there inaugural season.

We are a very young team, 6 sometimes 7 6th graders starting A team. But they are tough minded and we are getting adjusted to the new team, and bigger field. They are getting better with every practice, and game we play. I have great help though, it is by far not my doings, Chris Hagy, Todd Bentley, and Ronnie Chaney also get most of the credit. Not to mention Kevin Justice and Coach Spradlin and Adkins from the HS team. It is a complete effort.
There are a lot of schools that offer this, this year. What people need to realise is that it is not about winning. The main thing is development. The Middle School Program can help so many schools, if done right. What can you win at the Middle Schol level? Nothing. I heard that the Johnson Central program cut like 20 kids for theirs. Why not make 2 teams? You never know what these kids will do in the future. But, if you cut them. I can guarentee you...nothing. We have to look at the big picture. The Future.
Guys....Middle School Baseball is a stepping stone. And the more that we work and develope...the more it will pay off. For everyone.
Good Luck to everyone! And remember.................

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Admiral Wrote:Coach Michael Coleman is going to have the East Ridge Middle School Baseball team in tip top shape and there going to win alot of games in there inaugural season.

What? East Ridge is the worst in the county!
PHS3 Wrote:What? East Ridge is the worst in the county!

Like I said, we don't have the 8th grade players like every other team in the county has. We start 7 of 9 6th graders on A team. This year is the first time any of the players have stepped onto a field other than Little League, so it is expected that there are a lot of growing up and learning to do. We are mainly out there to teach fundamentals and get them better for the future, and they are getting better with every practice and game. That bashing of 6th graders is real grown Up PHS.
Ridge Runner Wrote:There are a lot of schools that offer this, this year. What people need to realise is that it is not about winning. The main thing is development. The Middle School Program can help so many schools, if done right. What can you win at the Middle Schol level? Nothing. I heard that the Johnson Central program cut like 20 kids for theirs. Why not make 2 teams? You never know what these kids will do in the future. But, if you cut them. I can guarentee you...nothing. We have to look at the big picture. The Future.
Guys....Middle School Baseball is a stepping stone. And the more that we work and develope...the more it will pay off. For everyone.

Johnson County Middle School still has 2 teams even after cutting, which is what a Middle School does when they have too many kids tryout otherwise you have "20" sets of parents upset because their child is'nt getting playing time.
Proud_American Wrote:Johnson County Middle School still has 2 teams even after cutting, which is what a Middle School does when they have too many kids tryout otherwise you have "20" sets of parents upset because their child is'nt getting playing time.
JCMS first mistake was giving the job to who they did. Secondly, they lost a couple kids from the system because of the cutting, who are much better players than some left on the team. Third, I dont care if I had to put them in shorts and t-shirts and play each other every day of the week, I wouldnt have cut ANY kid from a MS team. Football is the only sport being done right at JCMS at the moment.
PS...you do know they were beaten last week by a team that they mercied probably every time they had played them since MS baseball was started, lots of times with the other school's JV players?
Ridge Runner Wrote:There are a lot of schools that offer this, this year. What people need to realise is that it is not about winning. The main thing is development. The Middle School Program can help so many schools, if done right. What can you win at the Middle Schol level? Nothing. I heard that the Johnson Central program cut like 20 kids for theirs. Why not make 2 teams? You never know what these kids will do in the future. But, if you cut them. I can guarentee you...nothing. We have to look at the big picture. The Future.

:Thumbs: I would agree. Any MS sport is to help the high school program. If JC had that many kids make another team even if it is their 3rd or 4th team. Kids develop at different ages some early and some late but all need field time and competition to improve. I know the AC 2nd team has kids that have never played the game until this year and one pitched in their 2nd or 3rd game and looks like once he learns the mechanics may be a very good pitcher.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:JCMS first mistake was giving the job to who they did. Secondly, they lost a couple kids from the system because of the cutting, who are much better players than some left on the team. Third, I dont care if I had to put them in shorts and t-shirts and play each other every day of the week, I wouldnt have cut ANY kid from a MS team. Football is the only sport being done right at JCMS at the moment.
PS...you do know they were beaten last week by a team that they mercied probably every time they had played them since MS baseball was started, lots of times with the other school's JV players?

I am quite aware of the loss, this team is mostly 7th graders playing, with a few 6 graders also. JCMS had five 8th grade starters move up to JV and they are not playing any games at the middle school level this year.

I agree that you can't tell a child's future ability at this level but is keeping all kids that tryout the solution, I can't imagine trying to coach 45 or 50 kids or more and have them learn or improve much. The kids that did'nt make the team still have a great option, like the Babe Ruth league. They can still play ball and keep improving, I am sure that league would love to throw a t shirt and shorts on some kids!
Acually JCMS have four 8th graders playing J.V. they are B.J. Hamilton, Chase Blevins, Jimmy Preston, Garrett Lemaster. They also have one 7th grader Jordan Young. These boys have done a great job this year.