Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A Rods contract breakdown.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was sitting here woundering to myself tonight what type of money someone makes that has signed a 275 millioin dollar contract for ten years looks like. Here we go,

1. In the 10 years that Arod will play for the Yankes he will make $ 2,291,666 dollars per month.
2. In 10 years Arod will make $ 75,301 dollars per day.
3. In those ten years he will make $ 3,137 dollars per hour.
4. He will make $ 52 dollars a mintue.
5. Arod will also make $.87 cents a second.

When I figured all these numbers up I was kinda shocked about what kinda money these high dollar players bring in. Every one from Kobe, LeBron, to Vick had a contract like this. When looking at the largest sports contracts 5 of the top 6 were in baseball. Now how is it that swinging at bat at a ball is such hard work that you have to pay these high priced contracts out. It kinda grinds my gears alittle. Whats your take on some of these contracts that seem to be getting higher and higher.
C.Clair Wrote:I was sitting here woundering to myself tonight what type of money someone makes that has signed a 275 millioin dollar contract for ten years looks like. Here we go,

1. In the 10 years that Arod will play for the Yankes he will make $ 2,291,666 dollars per month.
2. In 10 years Arod will make $ 75,301 dollars per day.
3. In those ten years he will make $ 3,137 dollars per hour.
4. He will make $ 52 dollars a mintue.
5. Arod will also make $.87 cents a second.

When I figured all these numbers up I was kinda shocked about what kinda money these high dollar players bring in. Every one from Kobe, LeBron, to Vick had a contract like this. When looking at the largest sports contracts 5 of the top 6 were in baseball. Now how is it that swinging at bat at a ball is such hard work that you have to pay these high priced contracts out. It kinda grinds my gears alittle. Whats your take on some of these contracts that seem to be getting higher and higher.

There is really two common sense answers for this. #1 as to your "whats so hard" comment...They have rated hitting a baseball as the single hardest thing to do in any sport, and #2 there is simply no salary cap. So basically they can pay them whatever the **** they want.
I wonder how much money he has made per shot?
I think baseball players are way over payed.
Baseball players ARE way overpaid, but baseball is DEFINATELY the toughest sport to play and be talented at.
Brittany0121 Wrote:Baseball players ARE way overpaid, but baseball is DEFINATELY the toughest sport to play and be talented at.

What about Hockey? It is no piece of cake to play. IMO hockey would be harder than baseball to play.
Yeah maybe, I just don't like hockey at all. So I forget about it. Big Grin I guess its hard, but once you get the skating part down, it should get a little easier.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:What about Hockey? It is no piece of cake to play. IMO hockey would be harder than baseball to play.

That crazy? Yea maybe if the puck was coming at you at speeds of up to 100MPH would it be more difficult. Not too mention goalies have their entire bodies to stop the puck instead of just a skinny bat. How in the world would hockey be more hard to play?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That crazy? Yea maybe if the puck was coming at you at speeds of up to 100MPH would it be more difficult. Not too mention goalies have their entire bodies to stop the puck instead of just a skinny bat. How in the world would hockey be more hard to play?

Well I believe the most obvious reason would be ice skating. Not only do they have to learn how to ice skate, but they have to be great at it to move up and down the hockey ring like hey do.
Brittany0121 Wrote:Yeah maybe, I just don't like hockey at all. So I forget about it. Big Grin I guess its hard, but once you get the skating part down, it should get a little easier.

I don't like hockey either, but i still think it would be harder to play and to go pro in for the simple fact of being able to ice skate well enough to even play professionally.
People who play hockey has to learn how to skate on a paper thin blade, plus control a puck which isnt much bigger than a baseball, maybe even smaller. Baseball, you sit out in the outfeild and run to the bathroom or whatever he did (manny in boston) and run to the ball and catch it when it is hit to you with your chances favoring the ball isnt even going to be hit.
C.Clair Wrote:People who play hockey has to learn how to skate on a paper thin blade, plus control a puck which isnt much bigger than a baseball, maybe even smaller. Baseball, you sit out in the outfeild and run to the bathroom or whatever he did (manny in boston) and run to the ball and catch it when it is hit to you with your chances favoring the ball isnt even going to be hit.

If thats the case then you would also say that figure skating is a harder sport than baseball?
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I think baseball players are way over payed.

No doubt, but it's not the players to blame!

If someone came to you from another company and said "if you leave the company that you work for today, I will triple your salary and you will do the exact same thing as you do now" would you go?

Then you work for that company for two years and you decide that you deserve even more money than what you are making now, so you go to a third company and say, "I will work for you, but you have to pay me five times what I am making now", and that company says, not only will I pay you five times more, I give you your own break room, give you a car, and I'll throw in three more weeks of vacation, would you take it?

So, it's the owners who have allowed this to take place. It's the owner that want's to win, so he will do everything in his power to win. So, he signs a player for some rediculous amount of money and then he has the gall to say "I have to raise ticket prices and charge you $6 for a beer, because I can't make ends meet". :mad:
Catching the ball is the easy part in baseball. Deciding in a split second to hit a 90 mph fastball, seeing if the ball is going to drop off the table, or hit you directly in the face is the hard part. Then catching up to whatever decision your head makes with your body is the next.