Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Grouse Hunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone on here grouse hunt. I used to but haven't in several years. i am getting back into it next year. Anybody else like it?
I love to Grouse Hunt, but the thing is they aint as many grouse as there used to be...If you get up 1 or 2 grouse a day, that would be consider a very good day.
i have heard that same thing. I am getting a dog and gonna get back into it though.
I haven't ever tried it. I have always wanted to though.
allseasonfan Wrote:i have heard that same thing. I am getting a dog and gonna get back into it though.
It dont really matter to me if we kill a bird every time we go because i just like getting out in the woods with my best Friend Deuce (my bird dog) I love to just watch him hunt.
baseballfan Wrote:It dont really matter to me if we kill a bird every time we go because i just like getting out in the woods with my best Friend Deuce (my bird dog) I love to just watch him hunt.

I'm like you. I love to find birds and get the shots off, but I get great satisfaction in watching a good dog work. There is nothing more stress relieving for me than to hit the hills. Sometimes I'll walk my legs off for an entire day, not see a single bird, and still have the time of my life.
How has everyone done this year? Anybody find many birds?
Never been.
I went to Wisconsin and hunted up there, and my gosh we would get up 20 to 30 birds a day. It was just amazing how many grouse there was up there compared to how many there are down here.
But I enjoyed walking through the woods in Wisconsin as much it was beautiful.